News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep..

I still get shitloads of enjoyment watching my beloved crows..

Just that the last 5 years this club has been one massive balls up after another.

We’ve taken a Grand Finalist team and completely fxxked it with stupid decision after stupid decision.

No one should be happy about that and no one should accept it and simply shut up about it just cause some people cant handle criticism levelled at the club..

How many bottom 5 finishes in a row is it gonna take?… how many years without a finals appearance?..

Some of us have higher standards and expectations.
I'd be happy to finish bottom 5 for a couple more years if it means we have a list that wins a flag.

Drafting prior to 2020 was ordinary, particularly first round, last couple of years (since the clean out) things have improved and list is improving again.

Warren Tredrea is back in the media and is saying Rankine will earn 1.5 mil next year as part of a front loaded deal

FWIW I don’t believe a word of it
Don't believe it either, but if true, walk him to the PSD, no one is matching that

Don't believe it either, but if true, walk him to the PSD, no one is matching that
You never know with our idiot list manager. Nearly $3m in cap space apparently and no one wanting to come to us I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a crack if it came to that.
99% of the time though the PSD threat doesn’t happen. I’d imagine you guys end up paying what’s fair for him even if the Suns won’t agree

Good, love it if true, smart list management. Burn the money early whilst we have space and give up a second rounder or it’s PSD. No way is anyone leaving $1.5M free in their cap space.
Norf have a War Chest and Clarko, Essendon have $3mill according to reports and nothing to spend it on.

This will not be PSD, the AFL won't cop that, GC is their club that they are trying to rescue!

Norf have a War Chest and Clarko, Essendon have $3mill according to reports and nothing to spend it on.

This will not be PSD, the AFL won't cop that, GC is their club that they are trying to rescue!
They’ll have utilised that cap prior to the draft though, no one has a spare $1.5M lying around after the trade period.

But I also don’t think it will be a PSD but it’s sure leverage to ensure we don’t over pay

Pedlar is almost a delist based solely on his body..

Tons of talent, good skills, makes good decisions, hits the scoreboard and I love watching him play… but..
Isnt gonna make it if he cannot get a clean run without injury.

Unfortunately its looking like he’s made of cardboard and stuck together with Clag glue..
Brad Crouch, JOM, Jye Caldwell, Harry McKay, Rankine, there are heaps of players who have taken time to adjust to the rigours of AFL football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He only missed 7 games and played 14. "Almost delist" is a very hot take lol
But its the manner in which it occurs..

He hasnt played 14 games straight and then missed 7 games due to an injury..

Its…

Play 4 games.. miss two to injury.. play another 2 games.. miss a couple more through a different injury.. play 5 games.. then miss again due another different injury..

And so on..

And the injury is to different areas each time.. Shoulders.. ankle… groin.. hip.. hammy..

Cardboard and Clag glue..

Another season of the same next year and it will almost be time to decide whether to continue with him.. although he is locked in till the end of 2024…

This is how you negotiate, leak something like that to the media (even if not true), make GC think they maybe should take what they can get rather than get nothing
True or not I like it

no club going stump up that money for player doesn’t want be there

takes out psd and other clubs snaring him

if true and maybe is we are in box seat get rankine for relatively fair price but not bent over

in high sight does make sense

gc take what we offer now as long as relatively fair

gc won’t get pick 5 made clear book mark it

reidy doing shrewd deals lately making things work for the crows

Do you remember how many hamstring injuries, Kane Johnson had in his early years .....countless
Thats almost 30 years ago now.. completely different era.

You’d hope with professionalism, medical advancements, high performance management and all the technology advances since, that a guy like Kane Johnson in this era wouldnt have had as many hammy issues..

Hell.. 30-40 years ago they were still suckin down durries in the changerooms at the half time break… bit of a stretch to compare the pair!

Brad Crouch, JOM, Jye Caldwell, Harry McKay, Rankine, there are heaps of players who have taken time to adjust to the rigours of AFL football.
True. Very true.

And lets hope the Burgess factor comes into play and can turn his body into a resilient weapon.

Dont get me wrong here.. I want Pedlar roaring and ready to go R1 2023 just as much as anyone else here.. so he can knock Keays back down into the SANFL where he belongs!..

But another year like his first two and questions will need to be asked..

Thats almost 30 years ago now.. completely different era.

You’d hope with professionalism, medical advancements, high performance management and all the technology advances since, that a guy like Kane Johnson in this era wouldnt have had as many hammy issues..

Hell.. 30-40 years ago they were still suckin down durries in the changerooms at the half time break… bit of a stretch to compare the pair!
If only we had Kangatech back in the 90's

They’ll have utilised that cap prior to the draft though, no one has a spare $1.5M lying around after the trade period.

But I also don’t think it will be a PSD but it’s sure leverage to ensure we don’t over pay
Exactly correct. Almost no chance he goes to PSD draft, but if GC think it is a real threat (like Sydney did last year) then it gives us massive leverage. End of the day GC will take something over nothing, even if it is pick 22.

• Izak Rankine could earn more money next season than any other player in the game. The five-year deal offered by the Crows is heavily front-loaded meaning he will be paid around $1.5m in the first season. The contract offer averages out to around $850k over the duration of its term.
Clickbait claim to get people onto his site.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good, love it if true, smart list management. Burn the money early whilst we have space and give up a second rounder or it’s PSD. No way is anyone leaving $1.5M free in their cap space.
ha..it would be nice but I think that we will still settle for our 2023 1st and that might be what this 'leak' was intended for. Ie no chance for pick 5 as we have a huge contract on his head BUT we won't be totally unreasonable and a future first we will pay for him. We need to put ourselves into the very strongest bargaining position and try and somehow firewall pick 5 this year

I'd be happy to finish bottom 5 for a couple more years if it means we have a list that wins a flag.

Drafting prior to 2020 was ordinary, particularly first round, last couple of years (since the clean out) things have improved and list is improving again.
Judging by the standard of the finals and the sides in them this year, it makes you realise that we are so far away from the top 6 it is not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back