News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon who want him and Dodoro likes to win! Get him for one season for no trade cost, trade him to us next year for bonus 2023 picks - Dodoro wins

Interesting to see what transpires, Vic media is against us - of course
They are getting smashed in the media with what has recently happened and now you think they want to get someone who doesn't want to be there and have rejected their initial offer.....lol.

Damian Barrett just needs to keep the chat going, what a tool.

IF ...​

Izak Rankine has chosen the Crows as his preferred footy home...

THEN ...​

this club needs to properly get its head around its first pick in the draft – No.5, which will slip to No.6 due to Will Ashcroft's father-son bidding requirements of Brisbane – will need to be used in some form. Can see this club dragging this right out, though.
I love the slimy implication that we will drag it out, but other clubs wouldn't

I assume he's also saying that richmond needs to get it's head around that it will need 3 top 5 picks minimum for taranto and hopper

I remember as a youngster thinking at the start of that year “We are overdue for a premiership.”

Oh, young Slippery, if only you knew…

If someone had told me after the 98 GF we wouldn't have another flag for at least 30 years I would've told them they were bonkers.

We were so lucky to have Bill & Bob in those early years, since they left we've had various combinations of Abbott & Costello.

I love the slimy implication that we will drag it out, but other clubs wouldn't

I assume he's also saying that richmond needs to get it's head around that it will need 3 top 5 picks minimum for taranto and hopper

The best take is the one about Richmond:

'It wouldn't be a stretch to argue strongly that Richmond should be playing Geelong in Friday night's preliminary final at the MCG.'

WHAT?! It wouldn't be a stretch to argue strongly that a team that scraped into the 8, lost an Elimination Final, and likely would have lost the semi-final, should be playing in the prelim? WTF is he on about?!

The best take is the one about Richmond:

'It wouldn't be a stretch to argue strongly that Richmond should be playing Geelong in Friday night's preliminary final at the MCG.'

WHAT?! It wouldn't be a stretch to argue strongly that a team that scraped into the 8, lost an Elimination Final, and likely would have lost the semi-final, should be playing in the prelim? WTF is he on about?!
Any side that loses to North Melbourne doesn't deserve to play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that the vic media are already dirty that we aren't giving up pick 5, based on the rants of us on BF!!

If the source is actually the club, or GC, I love even more that we are right :)

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly this is aimed at supporter feedback. Assuming we don’t use it these words will be fun to look back on with Purple at some point

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I disagree, whilst there were things we 'could' have done better - you need a shitload of luck to win a flag now.

For me 2017 was the year where we *ed ourselves over though and luck didn't really come into it. We made stupid selections pre game such as choosing Andy Otten.

Yup, though that itself was a result of luck. A fully fit Mitch McGovern is available and you don't even entertain the question of selecting Andy Otten.

Of course, one thing you can say in the aftermath is our admin got the luck they deserved in the leadup to that grand final.

Damian Barrett just needs to keep the chat going, what a tool.

IF ...​

Izak Rankine has chosen the Crows as his preferred footy home...

THEN ...​

this club needs to properly get its head around its first pick in the draft – No.5, which will slip to No.6 due to Will Ashcroft's father-son bidding requirements of Brisbane – will need to be used in some form. Can see this club dragging this right out, though.

Why? Why post this here? It’s readily available on the AFL site to see and get outraged over, hook line and sinker. The page count on this thread is already embarrassing enough

Roo was cooked in 2006. Had injuries all the way through, when he did play it was predominantly as a forward.

2005 suspension was costly no doubt, but only served to remind how heavy the reliance was on that top rung of players.

Still should’ve beaten St Kilda at home. That was really the loss that defined the club in many ways.

You don't kick 44 goals from 17 games if you are cooked.

To the 2005 suspension - Ya think we win in 1997/1998 without Mcleod, ya think Richmond win 3 flags without Dusty? Premierships are won by the top end end players - the bottom 5-6 don't F*cking matter

Last edited:
Why? Why post this here? It’s readily available on the AFL site to see and get outraged over, hook line and sinker. The page count on this thread is already embarrassing enough

The page count in this thread is embarrassing? You’re a weird unit

Just matches with our board being the most prolific out of all the team boards (3.5Mill posts), we're 400k in front of the next highest, Carlton (3.1Million).

and yet you decided to quote it and comment??

strange thing to get upset over.

You don't kick 44 goals from 17 goals if you are cooked.

To the 2005 suspension - Ya think we win in 1997/1998 without Mcleod, ya think Richmond win 3 flags without Dusty? Premierships are won by the top end end players - the bottom 5-6 don't F*cking matter

To be fair we did win 97 without Roo ...

I love that the vic media are already dirty that we aren't giving up pick 5, based on the rants of us on BF!!

If the source is actually the club, or GC, I love even more that we are right :)

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Such a vfl bias

bet hopper toranto go for 12 19 and future first 16

gellong brun 17

then expect crows pay 5 for rankine and more

reality would we give up pic 5 for 12 19 no club do that

12 19 16. Possibley

definately not top end elite talent As u get at 5

is rankine on runs on board better than hopper Taranto

answer no

does rankine have more upside yes

is 5 way too much considering yes