News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't ever handing it over. Media is finally catching up. Pick 15 is fair. We will likely hand over next year's 1st but we need their 2nd coming back to us.
Going by roo mentioning pick 12 for cameron the other day there's no way it's happening. He'd prolly be telling reid himself there's no way we're giving them our first.

If next years draft is a “boom” draft and bats deep, we will probably want to use this years 1st pick?
The recruiters have watched the talent for next years draft for many years already.

I am more interested if we are getting anyone else in. This was pretty well talked up by the Crows during the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If next years draft is a “boom” draft and bats deep, we will probably want to use this years 1st pick?
The recruiters have watched the talent for next years draft for many years already.

I am more interested if we are getting anyone else in. This was pretty well talked up by the Crows during the year.

It always is.

If we are looking at drafting a top end talent tall midfielder this year and we know he is gettable with our pick 5 then we won't trade it and isn't next year's top end talent KPF?

If we are looking at drafting a top end talent tall midfielder this year and we know he is gettable with our pick 5 then we won't trade it and isn't next year's top end talent KPF?
Next year the player we will want is Moir

I have been saying for a while we should package up multiple future 2nds & 3rds... which we should be looking to collect with our trades out.

Our trade outs don’t hold nearly enough value. Who would get a 2nd round pick?

Frampton and Rowe likely nothing given clubs know we can’t offfer them a contract even if we wanted to

Sholl? Personally I like Sholl and would hate to give him up for anything worse than pick 35 but in reality we will be lucky to get that

Macasey? Honestly no one would give a pick inside 40

Crouch - once again no one is giving a second for him although he probably deserves that level of respect

And that’s the list. If we were trying to keep our future first we would need to find at least 2 if not 3 picks in the 22-40 range

Not happening

Frampton and Rowe likely nothing given clubs know we can’t offfer them a contract even if we wanted to

Sholl? Personally I like Sholl and would hate to give him up for anything worse than pick 35 but in reality we will be lucky to get that

Crouch - once again no one is giving a second for him although he probably deserves that level of respect

And that’s the list. If we were trying to keep our future first we would need to find at least 2 if not 3 picks in the 22-40 range

Not happening

We can use our own future 2nd instead of our future 1st.

We got creative with Dawson & can do again.

Yeah it's because of the Bigfooty experts that we wasted top ten picks on McAsey and Jones.
Ah. TWO examples.
Thilthorpe, Rachele, Fogarty, Berry, Soligo, Doedee, Parnell, Worrell, Hamill. Pedlar,Taylor,Turner,Gollant definitely not busts.
The point is that it is impossible to get it right every time. And every team has drafts that don’t work out. It’s just bad luck.

Ah. TWO examples.
Thilthorpe, Rachele, Fogarty, Berry, Soligo, Doedee, Parnell, Worrell, Hamill. Pedlar,Taylor,Turner,Gollant definitely not busts.
The point is that it is impossible to get it right every time. And every team has drafts that don’t work out. It’s just bad luck.
If you think mcasey at 6 months older is any worse than gollant I am laughing my head off... stop looking at the pick these guys are drafted at

Ah. TWO examples.
Gallucci
Milera

That's four first round busts in five years.

We can use our own future 2nd instead of our future 1st.

We got creative with Dawson & can do again.

We can use our future second but that’s not going to be remotely enough points to help GC. We would need 3-4 seconds to make it worthwhile - particularly given how hard futures are to predict. Where did we find the other 2-3 future seconds?

Not happening

We would have to do a 'mcasey + future 3rd for a future 2nd' type scenario. Use them to try and upgrade existing picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boom draft?

Better than this year is the common thought among recruiters but I haven't heard anywhere it's a "boom" or "super" draft.

Milera is far from a bust.

People are judging him based on his performances coming off a two year injury lay off. Wait and see how he goes in 2023 before judging.
His performances prior to the injuries weren't particularly exciting either, though.

He did have a few good moments in the latter part of this year, but he always had a few good moments here and there pre-injury, too. The problem is he never had enough of them often enough. He didn't often string enough of those moments together to be able to say he had a great game let alone a great season.

Getting into the age bracket now where he really needs to be producing consistently week in week out, not just providing cameos here and there.

Gallucci
Milera

That's four first round busts in five years.

Ah. TWO examples.
No mention of McHenry? So you are classifying him as a Bust.

jackster83 you can add him to your list.

So over recent years we have Gallucci, Jones, McHenry and McAsey as busts. 4 first rounders, we must be pretty unlucky.

Milera is far from a bust.

People are judging him based on his performances coming off a two year injury lay off. Wait and see how he goes in 2023 before judging.
The problem with Milera is that for every exciting game he plays, you have to put up with 5 C grade performances. Am prepared to let it go given his injury run but next year needs to be 1 in 2

Ah. TWO examples.

I’d park Pedlar and Gollant being definitely not busts. Still too early for these two in my opinion.

The problem with Milera is that for every exciting game he plays, you have to put up with 5 C grade performances. Am prepared to let it go given his injury run but next year needs to be 1 in 2

Agree but someone his size he should be imposing himself on the game now. He will be 25 heading into next season.

His performances prior to the injuries weren't particularly exciting either, though.

He did have a few good moments in the latter part of this year, but he always had a few good moments here and there pre-injury, too. The problem is he never had enough of them often enough. He didn't often string enough of those moments together to be able to say he had a great game let alone a great season.

Getting into the age bracket now where he really needs to be producing consistently week in week out, not just providing cameos here and there.
Problem is that fifth year, 22 years old is about the period where you would start to expect consistency, but that’s when he got injured so we can’t really judge I feel.

Next year is make or break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back