Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially been traded to NM from WCE in exchange for #67 - welcome Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Darling = Kangaroo jack

I don’t think you can just look at stats with JD. He absolutely takes a defender when in the 50, has good pressure inside 50 with tackling when on also. Has a decent tank for sure.

What Darling will do at North;
  • Elite trainer, will set standards and look a million bucks at all times
  • Take a decent defender. You absolutely have to man this guy up or he will mark it. Not as much a lead up as a strength / outmuscle for position marking target
  • Annoy supporters at times that just look at the stats sheet and not the above positives he provides the forward structure. Waterman was brilliant this year, and JD gets at least some credit for working up the ground and dragging a decent defender around when on the park

I don’t think you can just look at stats with JD. He absolutely takes a defender when in the 50, has good pressure inside 50 with tackling when on also. Has a decent tank for sure.

What Darling will do at North;
  • Elite trainer, will set standards and look a million bucks at all times
  • Take a decent defender. You absolutely have to man this guy up or he will mark it. Not as much a lead up as a strength / outmuscle for position marking target
  • Annoy supporters at times that just look at the stats sheet and not the above positives he provides the forward structure. Waterman was brilliant this year, and JD gets at least some credit for working up the ground and dragging a decent defender around when on the park

Yes I think the overall contribution to an increase in forward line output will go beyond his actual goals and goal assists. We actually haven’t had 2 key forwards that know what they are doing together since 2019. It was brown and larkey, then just larkey.

As a team we have looked way better when we have had a second genuine key forward. We’ve tried guys that are ok but don’t really know what they are doing or are wingmen (walker, Teakle, pink, comben (given time I think he will be great), sellers, xerri/goldy, ccj)

Darling is just a much better forward than all those guys.

With he and larkey, and the growth of our medium talls (Zuhaar, Dursma) and smalls (Curtis, Simpkin, Parker, Sheezel) it looks well balanced finally.

Plus we can always swing comben forward if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially been traded to NM from WCE in exchange for #67 - welcome Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back