Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the "pure" mid part.

Look, I know many on here like Rachele - he just wasn't my preference for our high pick last year.

I take it you believe he can become an elite midfielder?
I think most wanted callaghan when we knew horne was no longer an option but then we won a couple of late games and he was gone too.

IMO, Rachele will become a Connor Rozee type mid.
As the new gen of Crows and Power players develop, it will be great to see some new showdown rivalries (hoepfully) grow... Rozee v Rachele should be fun. I'm backing in our boy Rachele to take it too them, he's super competitive AND skilled. I reckon his body may end up be stronger than Rozee (even though Rozee has roughly 5cm on him) he's got Greco-Roman genes :muscle::tonguewink:

360_F_403716818_94Bu3oOkqhDZvBJwyDiwefnyq8D5QioQ.jpg

Lots of hindsight critique on this thread at present. Hately was a good get at the time. Like a lot of players, he hasn't progressed into stars. If I was to guess, its because we have a lot of 2nd-3rd tier players and no where near enough 1st tier elite talent around them to bring them into the game. Geelong won their premiership on the back of Danger, Selwood and their other star players, their young players could be placed in our team and they wouldn't make us any better. We are going to continue to stall unless we progress to attracting more Dawson style established talent.

Personally think if Hately and Berry were swapped at the start of the year we may be talking about Berry the way we now talk about Hately. They are both see ball get ball in and under mids, just one the club thought they could turn into an outside player

On ASUS_I003D using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally think if Hately and Berry were swapped at the start of the year we may be talking about Berry the way we now talk about Hately. They are both see ball get ball in and under mids, just one the club thought they could turn into an outside player

Exactly correct and stats for Jackson will back that up.

Criminal what the Crows did to his development this past season just to give Crouch some games.

If the club go that way certainly once he gets a couple of Burgess pre-seasons under his belt.

He was considered the best player in Australia at the 2019 AFL U16's National Carnival winning both the M.V.P (Kevin Sheahan Medal) for the most outstanding player and Vic Country's M.V.P......playing midfield. Then missed the whole year as a 17 year old (Covid) before playing a few games in his top age year for the Murray Bushrangers playing mostly forward again in a season impacted by Covid in Victoria.

And as everyone knows, the position you play when you're 16 is your best position in the pros. There is no physical difference between the AFL and childrens football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just postulating here:

How about the Crows offer up our 2022 R2 and 2023 R1 for Connor Rozee? Not sure if Port would even consider it, but it would unlock the JHF trade and give then a 1st rounder next year.

Thoughts?

Just postulating here:

How about the Crows offer up our 2022 R2 and 2023 R1 for Connor Rozee? Not sure if Port would even consider it, but it would unlock the JHF trade and give then a 1st rounder next year.

Thoughts?

They'd never even consider for a second getting rid of Rozee, and definitely not to us.

In any event, he's a fully indoctrinated Port dickhead now. There's no undoing that.

Just postulating here:

Thoughts?
I’ve seen him shit his pants too often. Great front runner though. 👍🏻

It's obvious that Berry is superior even watching them both in the Sanfl early in the year. Berry has more strength, power and athleticism. He's also had less development.

It's obvious that Berry is superior even watching them both in the Sanfl early in the year. Berry has more strength, power and athleticism. He's also had less development.
yep, Berry has Hateley covered in pretty much every category except height.

I think people are so used to us having slow inside mids that they’re yet to realise Berry has a real burst of pace away from packs.

I know it’s confusing for everyone, but Berry is an inside mid that has some pretty good initial speed.

To be fair, no one could have predicted Soligo being as good as he was

For what we need, though, I'd take the match-winner potential of Rachele any day over Ward, even though I reckon both are going to be damn good AFL players
When you say "no one" I presume you mean anyone on this board. Crows' recruiters were over the moon that he was still available at their pick, so they knew!!
I agree with you on Ward. Also, isn't he more of what we already have & I remember him being genuinely seen as a flight risk.

I’m pretty sure there was a game this year where Berry, in a quarter or two, absolutely tore it up. He was everywhere, ferociously chasing the ball. Looked unstoppable.

It was a good glimpse at what he can be.

I’m pretty sure there was a game this year where Berry, in a quarter or two, absolutely tore it up. He was everywhere, ferociously chasing the ball. Looked unstoppable.

It was a good glimpse at what he can be.
The sydney game comes to mind, he also kicked a couple

That was the game against Sydney

The sydney game comes to mind, he also kicked a couple
There was a 10 minute period where he turned the game on its head. Kicked two goals and three or four clearances. Just went into beast mode where he was an absolutely dominant force. Think it was the third quarter.

[correction: it was the second quarter]

There was a 10 minute period where he turned the game on its head. Kicked two goals and three or four clearances. Just went into beast mode where he was an absolutely dominant force. Think it was the third quarter.

[correction: it was the second quarter]

He also got 2 Brownlow votes for that game, in a heavy loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back