Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are all in. They won't have the picks to get in any more 'missing pieces'. They have sold the farm.

That, combined with the Hinkley situation, means they are gonna be under a helluva lot of pressure next year. If they don't jag a flag in the next few years they are cooked long term. They can't keep topping up like Geelong

No draft capital and a looming wage bill - how will they keep them all?
No they haven’t

If we just ignore the picks back and Rioli...

Certainly a lot to play out and will be interesting to watch on.

If JHF becomes a top 5 player in the comp, then it becomes a masterstroke from Power.

if JHF struggles to live up to the hype then the wolves will be frothing.

Especially if there are some gems available at the picks that they gave up.

Good luck to them. They have put their balls on the line.

On output to date, Rozee. He has an AA jacket after all. If Fog continues to build on his second half of the season, he could very well get there.

Relative to the ordinary development path of the position, and when they ordinarily peak.

Fogarty a top 5 key forward second half of the season. Much much harder to be AA as a kpf.

Port are all in. They won't have the picks to get in any more 'missing pieces'. They have sold the farm.

That, combined with the Hinkley situation, means they are gonna be under a helluva lot of pressure next year. If they don't jag a flag in the next few years they are cooked long term. They can't keep topping up like Geelong

No draft capital and a looming wage bill - how will they keep them all?
They also have a midfield of Butters, Rozee and JHF for the next 10 years.....

On output to date, Rozee. He has an AA jacket after all. If Fog continues to build on his second half of the season, he could very well get there.
Forgot Fog in my previous post, another top end SA talent under 25 just starting to realise his potential in his home state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? You truly believe that?

We've done great with most draft picks in the last 5 plus years....

Now we've just bought in a past pick 1....

Who GAF about this year and next years draft then.... Regardless next year is 12 months away. Things can change.

Brilliant trading by Port. Filled a need in each part of the ground (I assume Esava will happen)
Your list still perplexes me though. It appears quite strong but this year you lost to us, Hawks and only the only teams above Adelaide you beat were Saints (after they kicked 4.18 by 1 pt), Sydney and the Dogs

Injuries were pretty minimal bar Lycett and Raz - majority of your squad played 19 plus games. We felt we were really light on injuries this year and had 9 in comparison

Obviously this trade period helps - will be interesting to see if it’s enough to get you over the better sides

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Horne Francis has signed a 6 year contract with Port.
Far out, that seems very risky for a player after one season (which didn't live up to a number one pick either). I have no idea why clubs keep offering these 6 or 7 year deals. This one is just even more odd as it doesn't even take him through FA.

Imagine next year
1. rioli back on the nose candy
2. horne isnt played because attitude doesnt improve
3. raugolea is stuck in the twos gets a game and they are realise he is crap
4. francis and narkle continue to be below average in everything once traded to port
5. have absolutely no draft picks

lets face it they did bloody well

Again, maybe.
Port will make finals next year, but I'm not so bullish on them going forward. Just seem to fold against the better teams.
Our midfield is even further behind theirs in terms of development (probably 2 years further back). It may never be as good (it may end up better), but I want to see Taylor and Pedlar, plus Rankine and Rachele in there, will be a lot more dynamic than it has been with Crouch/Sloane/Laird etc
If I was us I'd be throwing a lot at someone like Elijah Hollands next year.
Hollands is two years away as he just signed a two year extension, so will be in contract still at the end of next year.

GWS traded Picks 3, 12 and Pies F2 for pick 1

Essentially cancels Pick 3, Port F1 (~= pick 12) and pick 40 and 43 (~=Pies F2) that north have received in this deal.

Which means North have in essence traded a contracted JHF for pick 2. Shafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back