Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are all in. They won't have the picks to get in any more 'missing pieces'. They have sold the farm.

That, combined with the Hinkley situation, means they are gonna be under a helluva lot of pressure next year. If they don't jag a flag in the next few years they are cooked long term. They can't keep topping up like Geelong

No draft capital and a looming wage bill - how will they keep them all?

It's nowhere near prime.

They'll make finals before we do, and are now miles ahead on building a premiership list.

Project a showdown in three years time- their third best midfielder likely better than our first.
Again, maybe.
Port will make finals next year, but I'm not so bullish on them going forward. Just seem to fold against the better teams.
Our midfield is even further behind theirs in terms of development (probably 2 years further back). It may never be as good (it may end up better), but I want to see Taylor and Pedlar, plus Rankine and Rachele in there, will be a lot more dynamic than it has been with Crouch/Sloane/Laird etc
If I was us I'd be throwing a lot at someone like Elijah Hollands next year.

I agree happy to have him but I'd like to see some more depth added then just one player
We need to be going harder and players seeking SA
Our depth is good, it's the top end talent we need to keep adding

Great to see all this elite talent coming back to SA over the last couple of years. Combined with RT and Rozee that is 5 top end SA talents aged 25 and under all playing here from 2023 (3 at Crows, 2 at Port). Showdowns will be even more exciting to watch in the coming years!

How does that even get approved? Port make out like absolute bandits and Norf just continue to be irrelevant when they had a chance to make a stand.

Bet they wish they had a time machine and took our 3 first rounders last year hey?

Good trading by your mob, but your depth will be non existent soon with no draft picks in the first 3 rounds the next 2 years.
Really? You truly believe that?

We've done great with most draft picks in the last 5 plus years....

Now we've just bought in a past pick 1....

Who GAF about this year and next years draft then.... Regardless next year is 12 months away. Things can change.

Great to see all this elite talent coming back to SA over the last couple of years. Combined with RT and Rozee that is 5 top end SA talents aged 25 and under all playing here from 2023 (3 at Crows, 2 at Port). Showdowns will be even more exciting to watch in the coming years!

Fogarty is the best under 25 South Australian.

Our depth is good, it's the top end talent we need to keep adding
Have to throw something at Hollands next year
also maybe we should look at a DFA in place of Billy this year..
I'm hoping that were not quite done yet

Port definitely have some top end Talent through the middle with Butters,Rozee and JHF
Durrs has turned into a bit of a spud
I think we are a few years behind them but hopefully Soligo and Berry can develop well
Otherwise were looking better prospect wise at either end of the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? You truly believe that?

We've done great with most draft picks in the last 5 plus years....

Now we've just bought in a past pick 1....

Who GAF about this year and next years draft then.... Regardless next year is 12 months away. Things can change.
Your depth already sucks (which is why you didn't make finals this year), and good/important players like Boak/Dixon/Lycett will be retiring soon.
Don't get me wrong, your draft picks the last few years, and trading today, has been really good, all credit to your club. Our drafting in the last 2 years has been similar, before that was godawful for about 5 years which is why we are below you.
Anyway, both clubs had wins today, we'll see who fares better in a couple of years' time I guess. Things can indeed change

Fogarty is the best under 25 South AusAustralian
On output to date, Rozee. He has an AA jacket after all. If Fog continues to build on his second half of the season, he could very well get there.

Full kudos to Port. This was going to happen next year but they committed this year when the opportunity arose and they've done very well here on face value.

Let's not forget how many A's and A+'s Port have been awarded during October in the past decade though. They have issues actually winning big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back