Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

He should hold off and go to the crows

Nah. They're going to be in the football abyss for at least the next 5 years. The Crows drafting and player development has been abysmal..

If he wants to leave for a successful club, the Crows ain't it

Its all academic as he is going to sign an extension before the season is out, the same thing happened with Gibbs in his season at Carlton, all these unfounded rumours of him wanting to go back home.

Absolutely no need for North fans to worry/be anxious over this, he is a good kid, obviously his management is trying to get the best deal for him and North can pay him more than anyone else anyway (let's put to bed the suggestion Freo will get him, absolutely no chance whatsoever, in terms of trade capital etc)

Doesn't it depend if JHF wants to leave...

He doesn't do. Just because his management have put on contract talks on hold doesn't mean he wants to leave, it happens more and more to players and their management. And he is still contracted for another season anyway, North are not trading him this year under any circumstances, especially for any of the Crows list cloggers

Our first .......

plus your choice of up to six of these players - Darcy Fogarty (pick 12), Elliott Himmelberg, Billy Frampton, Fischer McAsey (pick 6), Matt Crouch (AA), Lachlan Sholl (Dual Rising Star nominee)
I’m sure north would jump at the chance to go through your trash

I assume the nearing AA form was referring to 2020. He won 2-3 very important games for us that year. Everyone just assumed he was going to have a breakout year in 2021 until he got injured twice. He's averaging 22 disposals this year despite not playing midfield as much as the guys getting 27-35 touches, 4.5 clearances a game despite the lack of midfield time. He's quick, he attacks the ball as hard as anyone. He might not have a 65m leg but he's as skilled as anyone in the 15-45m range. Anyone that doesn't think Butters isn't an out and out jet doesn't know football.
2020 Butters was a jet. Not in 2021 or 2022. Hopefully he gets a clear run to get back to it.

JH-F back this week against Hellbourne

Hopefully some of his older and more experienced teammates can help fly the flag along with Horny against the league's best and most dominant midfield

Cannot remember the last time a teenager/1st year player had to do so much heavy lifting for his team, going to be a great captain for North one day.

Mmmm...not sure the bolded would be even close to accurate, lol. That is not the 'best midfield in the country' - even with JHF in it. There's 4 off the top of my head, way ahead of that collective -

1st - Bulldogs: English, Bont, Macrae, B. Smith, Dunkley, Treloar, L. Hunter, Libba
2nd - Demons: Gawn, Jackson, Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Harmes, Langdon, Brayshaw
3rd - GWS: Preuss, J. Kelly, T. Green, Coniglio, Taranto, Whitfield, Ash, Ward, Hopper
4th - Carlton: T. De Koning, Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, M. Kennedy, Fisher

Long way to go before you can make that sort of claim - even if it is just to market the club as a prospective destination.

If Ashcroft nominates the Lions our midfield will be up there

Big O/Fort, Rayner, McCluggage, Ashcroft, Bailey, Zorko, Neale, Lyons, Berry

Hopefully some of his older and more experienced teammates can help fly the flag along with Horny against the league's best and most dominant midfield

Cannot remember the last time a teenager/1st year player had to do so much heavy lifting for his team, going to be a great captain for North one day.

Number 1/top picks in bottom teams are often seen as something like the messiah sent to drag them up the ladder. JHF is far from the first to be put in this situation.

Reminds me of when his Melbourne teammates held Jack Watts out to dry on the field.

Time for Ziebell and co to step up.

Cannot remember the last time a teenager/1st year player had to do so much heavy lifting for his team, going to be a great captain for North Port one day.
FTFY ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1403365

Will has been out this year with glandular fever, which is terribly unlucky, but it's not like McDonald is tearing it up this season.

Our recruiting team has made a shit ton of mistakes, no doubt about it. But this take is so overdone and lazy.

lol – it was a mistake for North to take a SA boy at 1 and a mistake for not taking a WA boy at 3.

Bigfooty at its finest.

lol – it was a mistake for North to take a SA boy at 1 and a mistake for not taking a WA boy at 3.

Bigfooty at its finest.

That WA boy that waited until season 2 to re-sign, at the behest of the same manager as JHF no less.

I fully expect JHF to stay at North Melbourne, but in the interest of fun i would imagine this could be a potential starting point for the Crows and Power in terms of a trade:

Adelaide offer:
Riley Thilthorpe, 2 x first round picks

Port Adelaide offer
Zak Butters, 2 x first round picks and a second round pick

For every Gary Ablett and Tom Hawkins, there's Tim Callan, marc Woolnough and Adam donohue
Mate, if I got Scarlett, Hawkins and Gaz Jr - all generational players in their positions - not to mention Jed Bews who has been criminally underrated by the media his entire career, I'd take a reserves team full of Woolnoughs, Blakes and Donohues. You've been kissed, just admit it.

I fully expect JHF to stay at North Melbourne, but in the interest of fun i would imagine this could be a potential starting point for the Crows and Power in terms of a trade:

Adelaide offer:
Riley Thilthorpe, 2 x first round picks

Port Adelaide offer
Zak Butters, 2 x first round picks and a second round pick
Absolute moronic claptrap.

Mind boggling that you’re underrating butters and overrating how much a team needs to pay for a player who nominates a team.

Absolute moronic claptrap.

Mind boggling that you’re underrating butters and overrating how much a team needs to pay for a player who nominates a team.
North will have the bargaining chip of picking him back up in the preseason draft, unless they improve out of sight next year and make the 8, which is possible with their talent in the midfield, then why would he leave

I think he will end up bailing.

How often does a number one pick forgo a token extension in their first year?

Knows Port and Adelaide will both offer decent contracts and are better set for the mid (and possibly long) term than North are.

Wonder if North will end up regretting not taking multiple first round picks for him - especially if a club like Adelaide end up getting him for less with a couple of years development.

Can see a serious uptick in a better team too.

I think he will end up bailing.

How often does a number one pick forgo a token extension in their first year?

Knows Port and Adelaide will both offer decent contracts and are better set for the mid (and possibly long) term than North are.

Wonder if North will end up regretting not taking multiple first round picks for him - especially if a club like Adelaide end up getting him for less with a couple of years development.

Can see a serious uptick in a better team too.
I don't think anyone saw north playing this badly this year, I think he's manager is waiting to see if the club improves, if they replicate the end of 2021 form to the end of this year, he might extend.

What was Adelaide's offer in the draft, they only had pick 6, if they were going to get a couple of speculative mid to late first rounders added in, that's not great, you'd want 3 picks in the top 10 to give up on Horne Francis.

If north are playing badly next year, they should play hardball, they will most likely have a higher pick in the preseason draft than both Adelaide teams and should redraft him if they don't get good compo, Adelaide's cupboard is bare in what they could offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back