Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

I’m not sure that the Taranto comparison holds water, because by 24 your draft number really doesn’t matter.

It does when you are comparing career trajectories. Tarranto picked at the top end and therefore has the same pedigree/potential, did everything right, didn't bomb and still a ton of his career left (missing out on mostly developmental years).

I don't see why the trade isn't super comparable. You pay more for the extra years but subtract plenty for the added risk. You add a bit for contract status, but this seems to be the most obvious case of him coming home next year as there has even been so I'm not sure that holds too much weight. 8+F1 is much better than 12+19 and we will throw something on top. Anyone suggesting we are unreasonable amounts to thinking Victorian clubs can take what they want, but the rest can **** off. We're not going to do a trade that makes us a worse side.

But port aren’t trading for pick 1 they are trading for Jason Horne-Francis
Trading for pick 1 and trading for someone who was pick 1 are two different things.

Pick 1 could be anyone.
JHF is JHF. A disgruntled kid, average attitude who put up a unspectacular season.

Astute and long-term bigfooty members would already know this, but for those that have not read under my avatar I am a Proud Port Adelaide Power Supporter, albeit as a "second team" (behind my number one (2021 premiers) beautiful MELBOURNE DEMONS, of course!)

I am greatly saddened with the news that Jason Horne-Francis (or as I have dubbed him, "Horney Franco" aka "The Horney One") has decided upon Port Adelaide as his new home after leaving North Melbourne (a club I also deeply admire, respect and love).

I understand Horney Franco is hot for Hindley st, horny for Hahndorf, randy for Rundle Mall, gaga for Glenelg etc. but Port Adelaide are making a grave and egregious mistake in courting this pathetic excuse for a number 1 draft pick. I wouldn't even take him if he was free.

His attitude stinks. He is what is called a "conditional football player", he'll put in some effort but its conditional on getting everything real nice and just the way he likes it, wouldn't want to get those hands dirty would we? Prick couldn't even see out a 2 year contract at a team going through a rough patch without crying about warm milk and cookies from mummy back home in Alberton. Then uses "Clarko but Clarko" as an excuse to get out of town, pathetic. Just tell everyone the truth you lying rat you want to play for a team where other people can get the ball for you.

Worst Number 1 Pick since Jack Watts. At least that guy had friends- a real party boy you know. Horney Franco, he's a sitting at the bar by himself "just waiting for a mate" (right). No one likes him, and why's that? It's because he's a massive fn dickhead campaigner, that's why.

Anyway I guess there is one bright side to him going to Port, hopefully it means they can't throw bullshit cashola at Kozzie Pickett, so it's not all bad.

Still filthy though, this will backfire MASSIVELY in Port Adelaide's face.

Last edited:
Look I wouldn’t expect you to understand, but there’s a reason why the Adelaide clubs don’t burn early picks on those types.

Sinn will 100% be at a Victorian club in a couple years. Which is why I think it makes sense to do it now.
No he won't. He went out of his way to extend before a ball had been kicked this year and iirc he was keen to get to port at draft time. Things could change but like rachele, i'd be amazed if he coukd be coaxed back for quite some time to come

No he won't. He went out of his way to extend before a ball had been kicked this year and iirc he was keen to get to port at draft time. Things could change but like rachele, i'd be amazed if he coukd be coaxed back for quite some time to come
Sinn & Rachelle are completely different, given where they grew up. I don’t think this applies to Rachelle. If I have to explain the difference, then you just don’t get the Melbourne bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All #1 picks are hyped up I don’t know how you can quantify him being the most, it’s just recency bias and to be fair his first season has been been well below the hype.
I don’t see port doing much next year in regards to moving up or down the ladder so I’d say next years first is around the same as pick 8. The AFL actually constructed a metric as to value draft picks and the two pick 8’s are collectively higher than one pick 1.
Your right about having some on field leadership though, but unless our players want to move it’s next to impossible. Besides, I would think depending on the player, one first rounder plus’s player would be sufficient.
Sure perhaps a bit of recency but nonetheless.

I don't have a dog inhis fight, I reckon port is every chance to have a prety good year next year as well. I wouldn't be pleased getting pick 8 and pick 14 next year in norths shoes.

There wouldn't be a club in the land not happy to part with this and next year's first for JHF. Losing him is going to hurt at North, reckon Port needs to hurt a bit too.

C'mon Crows.
I know we've been fobbing you off for the past year, and yes, a few of your posters are among the most insufferable people I've encountered on this website.
(Indeed, the only time I've been suspended from this website was after I got carried away in an exchange with Crows supporters about North and JHF.)
But finally our two tribes have a mutual concern, and we'd be foolish to waste this opportunity at a reconciliation.

Let's make Port look imbeciles at the trade table.

What are you prepared to pay for Jason?

Sinn is the perfect player to be involved in this trade.

I was quite shocked that Port took him tbh. Xavier College, Brighton, Sandy Dragon boy - well entrenched in the Melbourne private school bubble.

He will be swooped up by a big Melbourne club in a couple years if not IMO.

Im surprised you picked a player that trained with us last year, whose step father played for our AFL and SANFL teams. Signed a contract extension early this year, so you might need to wait a bit on your revenge fantasy.

C'mon Crows.
I know we've been fobbing you off for the past year, and yes, a few of your posters are among the most insufferable people I've encountered on this website.
(Indeed, the only time I've been suspended from this website was after I got carried away in an exchange with Crows supporters about North and JHF.)
But finally our two tribes have a mutual concern, and we'd be foolish to waste this opportunity at an opportunistic reconciliation.

They have already come and said Rankine is their priority.

There's no bidding war here. Personally I would much rather pay this sort of price for a Parish / Dunkley.

Anything more than 2x 1sts is a ludicrous price for an unproven midfielder with attitude issues. JHF does have a higher ceiling and is maybe a 10% chance of becoming better than Parish / Dunkley, but 9 times out of 10 the better play is to get the established AA midfielder in their prime.

Sure perhaps a bit of recency but nonetheless.

I don't have a dog inhis fight, I reckon port is every chance to have a prety good year next year as well. I wouldn't be pleased getting pick 8 and pick 14 next year in norths shoes.

There wouldn't be a club in the land not happy to part with this and next year's first for JHF. Losing him is going to hurt at North, reckon Port needs to hurt a bit too.
I don’t have a dog either but Adelaide set his value last year at pick 4, pick 5 and pick 14. That has to be the starting point given North rejected it and drafted him instead and the campaigner is under contract. I’m on the 3 first rounders or GTFO train with North. I’d back Clarkson in to turn him around once that shit show resolves itself (Hawthorn should throw in their own first rounder for leeking that stupid report out into the light of day….)

Why are people still using the "but we rejected a better offer last year" argument?

JHF's value has declined materially.

His attitude is evidently a problem. His lack of outside accumulation is concerning. To be fair the initial offer last year was more than generous in the first place.

2x 1st rounders is very fair for JHF.
Which is very close to our offer last year.

C'mon Crows.
But finally our two tribes have a mutual concern, and we'd be foolish to waste this opportunity at an opportunistic reconciliation.

Bargaining stage of grief now.

I don’t have a dog either but Adelaide set his value last year at pick 4, pick 5 and pick 14. That has to be the starting point given North rejected it and drafted him instead and the campaigner is under contract. I’m on the 3 first rounders or GTFO train with North. I’d back Clarkson in to turn him around once that s**t show resolves itself (Hawthorn should through in their own first rounder for leeking that stupid report out into the light of day….)

19 was going back to the crows. so 3 first rounders for 2 better first rounders.

For what it's worth I'd put his value somewhat around what Melbourne got as compensation for Scully. You add some because he's contracted but subtract some because you're trading with a club, not the AFL deciding the amount.

pony up sinn or butters or see you in 12 months where we will have crows bidding also
He didn’t want crows in his draft year and he doesn’t want them now. He only wants Port.

I like how people are having a tantrum over JHF leaving in his first year, but then suggests Sinn does the same.

Port won’t force any of their young guys out and none of them look like moving.

They have already come and said Rankine is their priority.

There's no bidding war here.
TBH I wouldn't mind if they got him for less that what Port offer on principle.
Its ridiculous that JHF, a 19 year old in contract, can simultaneously say he is homesick AND nominate a club.
If he wants to go back to Adelaide, he shouldn't be the one deciding which club it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back