List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes for a bloke who did not want to be at the club.

We have pick 15 and 18 in a shallow draft and maybe the Hawks are not worried about picks 38 and 40.

Chris Judd didn't want to be at West Coast. It's irrelevant.

Pick 15 and 18 are good in a 'shallow' draft (every year is a 'shallow' draft) you can get two quality prosepcts for that.

I'm guessing Carlisle is out now considering if we trade those picks for him Hawks first live pick in the draft would be 54 (currently).

mmm well I think we gave in .... the kid never did anything for us... heavens only knows we look after the youngsters.. compare him with Hartung. Billy never gives up... doesn't sulk... oh okay what would I know about what is in Clarko's mind. But jed wasn't in the senior list, seems a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mmm well I think we gave in .... the kid never did anything for us... heavens only knows we look after the youngsters.. compare him with Hartung. Billy never gives up... doesn't sulk... oh okay what would I know about what is in Clarko's mind. But jed wasn't in the senior list, seems a lot
He's a gun. Had some bad luck with injuries and illness. Pretty hard for a small forward/midfielder to get into a team with the likes of Rioli, Breust and Puopolo in the way.

Wouldnt a gun be someone who "has" produced the goods consistently not someone who "may" produce the goods at some stage?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I must admit it is sad to see Jed leave but if the whispers are to be believed the club didn't love him as much as us fans. To get pick 15 is a great result all round. Hopefully the kid gets a good shot at that Roos.

As for Carslile I don't want him. Hate his attitude and the lack of respect he has shown his own club and now ours. I say we keep both 1st rounders and attack this draft like we haven't for years.

Kieren Collins as a key defender looks a beast and should be in our range and then one of the many exciting midfielders with our other pick. One of Clayton Oliver, Jake Gresham, Ryan Burton, Ryan Clarke.

As for Carslile I don't want him. Hate his attitude and the lack of respect he has shown his own club and now ours.

What lack of respect??

Seriously all these tantrums I'm seeing on this forum about Carslile not choosing us is getting ridiculous. People here acting like scorned lovers.

Slightly off on a tangent, but that 2007 draft sure was weird - Adelaide got Dangerfield at 10 (nice work), Andy Otten at 27, Jarrhan Jacky at 30 (lol who wut?), Myke Cook at 38 (he ain't no Mike Pyke), Tony Armstrong at 58, Arron Kite at 71, and just when they'd filled their list with utter p00p, Taylor Walker at 75. Two out-and-out stars making a delicious sh1t sandwich. Just shows how hard it is for anyone to pick these drafts.

FWIW, I think Tex was a Scholarship player with them. Pick 75 wasn't really indicative of his true worth in that draft.

Hill was definitely a steal. a guy with endurance and speed like his should have gone earlier.

Smith is the one that sticks out though. For an almost unknown, mature player to go at 19 is pretty ballsey from the recruiters, but alas it has paid off big time

Sorry to intrude. I'm monitoring the thread to see what you guy think of Anderson deal.

I just wanted to give my $0.02 in regards to Smith. I watched him all throughout that draft year at North Ballarat, every single game. He absolutely stood out like a sore thumb, but in a good way. He was just miles ahead of the pace at that level and it was noticeable every single game. That was in a team that had Myles Sewell and Cam Richardson (the latter turned out to be a dud at AFL level, the former never got a chance). Whilst I'm certainly not disappointed with our pick at #17 of Shaun Atley, I remember seeing Smith's name called out at #19 and thinking "&*$@, I was hoping he would last until #27 at our next pick."

He started the year in the BFL for Christ's sake and within a few games had already asserted himself as a dominant Roosters player in the VFL.

Props to your recruiters on this one. It was a ballsy move taking a mature age recruit at that early a pick, but for people who were watching the VFL closely it was unsurprising, I guess it was just a matter of no one having the guts to pull the trigger before Hawthorn did or the fact that he was a couple of years older putting people off (which is ridiculous).

I know how everyone likes to change their tune on a guy after they leave and call them useless. But Jed has everything, could have been our next star player. All our other young players have the potential to be good constant players. From our list i think only hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and rioli have the more natural elite attributes.

Not sure how his career will have go now he is at North, might struggle with the balance of being a father, away from home without the support networks of hawthorn.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I know how everyone likes to change their tune on a guy after they leave and call them useless. But Jed has everything, could have been our next star player. All our other young players have the potential to be good constant players. From our list i think only hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and rioli have the more natural elite attributes.

Not sure how his career will have go now he is at North, might struggle with the balance of being a father, away from home without the support networks of hawthorn.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Holy smokes, we must have the most deficient talent evaluators at HFC known in the universe.
Fancy giving up on a bloke nearly as good as all time great hawk players?
Think it must be time to go follow the kangas...:confused:

What lack of respect??

Seriously all these tantrums I'm seeing on this forum about Carslile not choosing us is getting ridiculous. People here acting like scorned lovers.
You haven't read or heard about the things he said on the field about Essendon?

The guy is a flog.

According to a workmate, at a suburban game he was at only weeks ago he called his teammates a "bunch of *******s".

You haven't read or heard about the things he said on the field about Essendon?

The guy is a flog.

According to a workmate, at a suburban game he was at only weeks ago he called his teammates a "bunch of *******s".

Of course I have. I'm just a little perplexed at the idea that in all of this he's somehow disrespected the Hawthorn Football Club. That's what I was replying too. The amount of pot shots and hissy fits posters have directed towards him just because he didn't choose us is baffling to say the least. So what, move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back