Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

According to SEN we used an insanely low number of rotations - 30 odd, about 50% of what we could have used. I can't find anywhere to verify that but if correct it'd be interesting to hear why.
Has to be Burgess related. It was the same last week too.

27 disposals (20 Kicks!) at 96.3% efficiency including 13 contested possessions is ridiculous.

The goal from 50, 6 tackles, 5 I50, 5 R50, 5 clearances, 5 score involvements, 6 intercepts and 173 supercoach points. When we picked up I thought we'd picked up a wingman with an elite leg about to hit his prime but he's proving to be so much more. At this point I'm not sure there is a more complete player currently and if he stays in the role he's had the last two games he's a smoky for the brownlow.

27 disposals (20 Kicks!) at 96.3% efficiency including 13 contested possessions is ridiculous.

The goal from 50, 6 tackles, 5 I50, 5 R50, 5 clearances, 5 score involvements, 6 intercepts and 173 supercoach points. When we picked up I thought we'd picked up a wingman with an elite leg about to hit his prime but he's proving to be so much more. At this point I'm not sure there is a more complete player currently and if he stays in the role he's had the last two games he's a smoky for the brownlow.
Important captain's goal in the 3rd quarter when we were struggling too

We need Wooze in the team so he can stay in the midfield permanently.
Need to bring Nank in at some stage in the not too distance future also. Nank is showing all the signs of being very, very good. I hadn't realized until recently just how good his hands are on top of all of his other attributes. He is finding more of the footy also as he plays more games.

Incredible player. watching him dusty martin port non stop alst week in the middle was jaw dropping. Where has this guy been??? its changed our midfield completely, we are now winning the mid battle and getting it to the stars down forward

He is such a gun, by the end of the year he will be recognised as one of the superstars of the comp if he keeps playing midfield.

And to think we had him defending.
That neafl inside mid form I saw is shining thru

Ever tell you about the game he had 24 tackles playing inside mid …

What’s his heat map saying lately ?

Seriously though imagine when his inside mid game develops ! We are just seeing the foundations now and they are strong !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By far his best game at the club. It's interesting he still gets the handy possessions distributing from half-back when playing in the midfield, while also being much more dangerous the rest of the time.

IMHO the club should consider a 70/30 split between midfield and playing forward for Dawson. Literally the only time he isn't a threat is when in the back line. So why ever play him there?

He's playing like a captain now that he has moved into the midfield.
Just taken his game to the next level.
What has surprised me is the brute strength he shows which I didn't think he had
Big bodied midfielder

Maybe we dont need to look for one for a few years then

Incredible player. watching him dusty martin port non stop alst week in the middle was jaw dropping. Where has this guy been??? its changed our midfield completely, we are now winning the mid battle and getting it to the stars down forward
Not only him but it’s the first thing Rachele and Soligo look to do now, combine that with fog and it’s fun to watch and frustrating for the opposition.

He is such a gun, by the end of the year he will be recognised as one of the superstars of the comp if he keeps playing midfield.

And to think we had him defending.

must admit that I didn't think he'd make a good stoppage midfielder and would be best on a wing. That said, I definitely wanted him played in there for a few weeks so we could get a definitive answer. I can't believe how good this guy is.

must admit that I didn't think he'd make a good stoppage midfielder and would be best on a wing. That said, I definitely wanted him played in there for a few weeks so we could get a definitive answer. I can't believe how good this guy is.
Yep, I wanted wing because he’s so good at it.

He’s that good he basically could play 15 positions on the ground and excel.

He's playing like a captain now that he has moved into the midfield.
Just taken his game to the next level.
What has surprised me is the brute strength he shows which I didn't think he had
What surprises me is that some of us saw him as that big bodied mid that we were looking for but the coach was playing him in defence instead. Talk about the answer being straight under your nose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back