Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

That neafl inside mid form I saw is shining thru

Ever tell you about the game he had 24 tackles playing inside mid …

What’s his heat map saying lately ?

Seriously though imagine when his inside mid game develops ! We are just seeing the foundations now and they are strong !
Shouldn't have brought the heat map into it...Kristof is coming for you. His alias Mostyn has already posted it I seem to recall...

By far his best game at the club. It's interesting he still gets the handy possessions distributing from half-back when playing in the midfield, while also being much more dangerous the rest of the time.

IMHO the club should consider a 70/30 split between midfield and playing forward for Dawson. Literally the only time he isn't a threat is when in the back line. So why ever play him there?

Because football demands that your best ball movers are in the back line. After all, it's the most difficult possession in football to get something meaningful out of.

After all, that's the flow on effect from zonal football and teams are purposely trying to hem their opposition in their back half through pressure on the ball carrier. It's why when you look at most teams list, their most accomplished kicks are in their D50.

That neafl inside mid form I saw is shining thru

Ever tell you about the game he had 24 tackles playing inside mid …

What’s his heat map saying lately ?

Seriously though imagine when his inside mid game develops ! We are just seeing the foundations now and they are strong !
I admit I didn't see any inside traits in his game.

I was wrong.

Some acknowledgement he got it wrong wouldn’t go astray….
We all know it.

He knows it.

The most important thing is Dawson is now playing midfield & impacting more on our games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because football demands that your best ball movers are in the back line. After all, it's the most difficult possession in football to get something meaningful out of.

After all, that's the flow on effect from zonal football and teams are purposely trying to hem their opposition in their back half through pressure on the ball carrier. It's why when you look at most teams list, their most accomplished kicks are in their D50.
No

But he's still getting himself to half-back (the physical location on the ground) to distribute the ball when needed, despite not being in the back line (as a positional role) nominally.

I didn't even know who this guy was about 18 months ago.

He completely solves our midfield issues and you can build a premiership team around him, Laird, Rachele and co in the mid.

I think guys like Milera and Doedee holding up the back line are extremely important now so we can keep Dawson in this role

We had chances to win the first two games of the season - but losing them (particularly the gws midfield beat down) may have been a blessing in disguise as I doubt we would have been bold enough to put dawson in the guts without it.

Team looks much more balanced now. If he stays in the mids, then he is an absolute lock for the gold jacket.

I didn't even know who this guy was about 18 months ago.

He completely solves our midfield issues and you can build a premiership team around him, Laird, Rachele and co in the mid.

I think guys like Milera and Doedee holding up the back line are extremely important now so we can keep Dawson in this role
Agree, this is also why Hinge playing so well at half back is vital. No need to have Dawson back at the moment, and every reason to have him around the ball.

Our own making to have evidence of the "gentlemen" agreement on email, we should have just done like other clubs have and verbally agree to player they would be traded to a club of their choice and try to do this at a trade loss.......
So what you're saying is there's No value meal without the chips.
Without the chips, it's just a burger and drink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back