Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't, however, I don't picture us putting up any resistance if Sydney angled for Melbourne 2nd round pick.
Of course there will be. We still want to make more than 1 selection in the ND - and aside from pick #4, the Melbourne 2nd round pick & any compensation we get from Kelly are the only (meaningful) picks we will have.

The only way the Melbourne 2nd round pick should be involved, is if we're getting Sydney's 2nd round pick back in return - and yes, I'm fully aware that means we're effectively paying less than pick 23.

... or if it's simply a straight swap of Dawson for 37, with us keeping pick 23. But I don't think that was your intention.

Why TF do we need to add a sweetener? Pick 23 is the absolute maximum I would be willing to offer - ideally less. I still maintain my preferred option is 23 + Frampton, with Frampton acting as the "sourer".
What's the point of complicating the deal-making process with a 'sourer'?

If we do have to add in an extra measly 3rd round pick, I think people will soon forget about it when they actually see how good Dawson is. But it's not worth arguing over, we'll wait and see what the deal is (I think it'll be done earlier than people think)

What's the point of complicating the deal-making process with a 'sourer'?

If we do have to add in an extra measly 3rd round pick, I think people will soon forget about it when they actually see how good Dawson is. But it's not worth arguing over, we'll wait and see what the deal is (I think it'll be done earlier than people think)
Sydney tried to force us to take Jesse White as part of the Tippett deal, now they can take our rubbish.

Sydney tried to force us to take Jesse White as part of the Tippett deal, now they can take our rubbish.
I can understand why we as supporters still have bad blood there, but I’m sure Reid/Kelly and Beatson will be a lot more realistic in negotiations

knock me over with a feather..Rucci thinks Adelaide should be parting with a 1st round pick for Dawson. What would his take have been had Dawson selected Port?..a mid 30's pick and Sydney should take it and run??

Forget Edmund's take - he has got just about everything wrong so far on everything

2022 2nd (pick 25-27) and 37 it will most likely end up. Throw in Frampton if need be. That allows up to keep 4 and 23. Split 4 if there isn't a standout and take 7, 16, 23 to the draft. Gives us the option to then trade 16 and 23 if there's someone we really want around pick 12.

Last edited:
Still not seeing any reason he doesn't get to us at Pick 4 in the PSD, or any reason why we wouldn't go down that path, unless we think one of the other three clubs would pick him up. Easier to get a deal done for sure, but we aren't exactly flush with picks this year either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rendell saying his info on Dawson is that he's on high $500k
which if true is very sound list management. I just have this sneaking feeling the way the club is heading now under the new regime, next year we might very well be the top SA destination for players wanting to come to SA (I am looking at Rankine and one or 2 others)

knock me over with a feather..Rucci thinks Adelaide should be parting with a 1st round pick for Dawson. What would his take have been had Dawson selected Port?..a mid 30's pick and Sydney should take it and run??

Forget Edmund's take - he has got just about everything wrong so far on everything

TBF ....none of those media commentators have much idea of the Draft mechanics ....they draw loose comparisons to other players, but they're not the same

Jessie Hogan was #53 in last years trade
Saad was pick #8 .....but ESS were too mid table for the PSD to be effective
Jaiyden Stephenson was pick #26
Fantasia pick #29

So yes #23 plus is certainly on the mark

TBF ....none of those media commentators have much idea of the Draft mechanics ....they draw loose comparisons to other players, but they're not the same

Jessie Hogan was #53 in last years trade
Saad was pick #8 .....but ESS were too mid table for the PSD to be effective
Jaiyden Stephenson was pick #26
Fantasia pick #29

So yes #23 plus is certainly on the mark
Aye this is true. We happen to be bottom 4 and hold a strongish position in the PSD. I have no doubt at all that we could A) structure a contract to knock out Collingwood and maybe GC as a viable option and B) Dawson and his manager could say certain things to North, Collingwood and GC that would no doubt dissuade them from thinking about taking him in the PSD. Therefore we should be bargaining with Sydney from a real position of strength purely by virtue of the PSD position and pick 23 should form the bulk of any trade - maybe a 3rd or future 3rd at a push to be added in, or a swap of 2022 2nd rounders.

Aye this is true. We happen to be bottom 4 and hold a strongish position in the PSD. I have no doubt at all that we could A) structure a contract to knock out Collingwood and maybe GC as a viable option and B) Dawson and his manager could say certain things to North, Collingwood and GC that would no doubt dissuade them from thinking about taking him in the PSD. Therefore we should be bargaining with Sydney from a real position of strength purely by virtue of the PSD position and pick 23 should form the bulk of any trade - maybe a 3rd or future 3rd at a push to be added in, or a swap of 2022 2nd rounders.
Personally, I'd rather use 2021 pick #37 plus our 2022 2nd round .....will still have time to get a 2nd round pick back for next year, during the 2022 trade period

Tippett is still a big deal for many because of the draft penalties given, which has left our list in a hole for years. Because the bad memories around Tippett leaving are so strong, people also remember Sydney's poor behaviour at that time. Of course the Crows admin are to blame, but because Tippett brings up so much emotion, Sydney's stance gets remembered too
Also bought about a heated debate on this board we're still plagued by today..... Do you keep the tomato sauce in the fridge or Cupboard.
The Tippett mega thread will never be forgotten around these parts, it was a god awful time to be around here and we lost alot of good posters

Dawson is quality, he’s not a buy low reclamation project.

we’ll be fair, but over valuation will take into account that we do have an escape chute that we can activate.

I think we have 2 paths and might even put both to Sydney:

Something centred around pick 23
Or
Melbourne’s 2nd + our 22 2nd/3rd round pick

so 23 or two picks in the 30’s depending on how they prefer things (or how we prefer, who knows)

he’s a good player and they are fair prices, though no doubt the values slant in our favour. Which they should given the extra leverage we have

and at the end of the day, whichever configuration we go with, both parties will walk away happy enough to do business again next year should the need arise

Dawson is quality, he’s not a buy low reclamation project.

we’ll be fair, but over valuation will take into account that we do have an escape chute that we can activate.

I think we have 2 paths and might even put both to Sydney:

Something centred around pick 23
Or
Melbourne’s 2nd + our 22 2nd/3rd round pick

so 23 or two picks in the 30’s depending on how they prefer things (or how we prefer, who knows)

he’s a good player and they are fair prices, though no doubt the values slant in our favour. Which they should given the extra leverage we have

and at the end of the day, whichever configuration we go with, both parties will walk away happy enough to do business again next year should the need arise

He's quality but he's not break the bank level of quality.

So I agree with your assessment.

2022 2nd (pick 25-27) and 37 it will most likely end up. Throw in Frampton if need be. That allows up to keep 4 and 23. Split 4 if there isn't a standout and take 7, 16, 23 to the draft. Gives us the option to then trade 16 and 23 if there's someone we really want around pick 12.

Sydney aren't going to want Frampton, not every club is as dumb as us to take on a spud like that.

Still not seeing any reason he doesn't get to us at Pick 4 in the PSD, or any reason why we wouldn't go down that path, unless we think one of the other three clubs would pick him up. Easier to get a deal done for sure, but we aren't exactly flush with picks this year either.
Dont get me wrong the thought of getting Dawson for nothing and keeping Pick 23 is enticing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back