Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Montagna is a nice half back but will be easily covered by Roberton, Webster, Rice co.

Riewoldt is a modern day great and is irreplaceable. But there's plenty of good key forwards there.

I'm sure adding Kelly to the side would nicely offset any retirees.

Montagna is a nice half back but will be easily covered by Roberton, Webster, Rice co.

Riewoldt is a modern day great and is irreplaceable. But there's plenty of good key forwards there.

am hearing boner brown and norths first for sam gioblert and giovvani mountain silberry

So when does the AFL punish Norf Melbourne for speaking directly to an opposition player while under contract?

Since when couldn't a club speak to a player from another club?

St Kilda players u24 - Best 22, played 10+ games in 2017 - relevant stat averages incl.

Fwds:
Tim Membrey 23yrs - 13.3dp, 1.7g
Jade Gresham 19yrs - 14.3dp, 1.3g
Jack Billings 21yrs - 22.7dp, 1.1g
Blake Acres 21 yrs - 19.2dp, 1g

Mids:
Jack Steele 21yrs - 21.1dp
Jack Sinclair - 22yrs - 21.2dp
Seb Ross - 24yrs - 30.5dp
Jack Newnes - 24yrs - 23.7dp
Billy Longer - 24yrs - 37.9ho

Def:
Jimmy Webster 24yrs - 18.8dp

----------

Mid-aged players b/w 25-27yrs to compliment - Steven, Stevens, Roberton, Carlisle, Weller, Bruce

Experienced/older players 28yrs+ to further compliment - Geary, Riewoldt, Montagna, Brown, Gilbert

-----------

A good spread of youth, mid aged & experienced players imo. Do we heavily rely on experience? Rhetorical, don't bother answering.

Do you see the difference b/w St Kilda's list & North's? Serious question, troll response will be ignored.

If we lost roo Montagna Gilbert for this week I honestly would be maybe 2% less confident. They are playing decent footy atm (roo only really the last week) but we simply do not rely on them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just from changing my mindset from an optimistic Blues fan to Josh himself, I struggle to see him opting for the short term money over success.
I certainly know if he was asking for my advisement I'd tell him to take the two year GWS deal, have the best shot possible at a premiership and then accept the big $$ from a Vic club.
I'll probably be shot down with "North can win the prieneiship in the next two years after our aggressive rebuild" or "Lucky Josh isn't seeking your advisement", but I just see him signing on short term as the most logical scenario.

Not Reiwoldt. One of him comes along once in a generation for a club.

Just from changing my mindset from an optimistic Blues fan to Josh himself, I struggle to see him opting for the short term money over success.
I certainly know if he was asking for my advisement I'd tell him to take the two year GWS deal, have the best shot possible at a premiership and then accept the big $$ from a Vic club.
I'll probably be shot down with "North can win the prieneiship in the next two years after our aggressive rebuild" or "Lucky Josh isn't seeking your advisement", but I just see him signing on short term as the most logical scenario.
I here what you are saying and that might turn out to be true and i don't think we can win a Flag in a hurry I've never said that i could probably answer honestly when we Could challenge again early next year depending on alot of things. Right now we are miles away.

But Kelly playing for his fathers club possibly wear his fathers no and accepting our godfather offer is a Big possibilty. It's not the only thing that will make him decide it Could be!

Regardless where others see our list or list management advice on bottoming out for years which i understand.

North don't bottom out it's not in our culture and if our boards objectives are met we will do anything to climb up faster and get closer to challenging than we are at the moment. We are currently 17th but we don't plan on staying there for a decade

Check the rule book. It will tell you everything you need to know.

Righto champ.

I detract nothing from my earlier comment.

Why not wait two years, win a flag and then go to North?

How does this rubbish manage to grow legs?

The kid has 10 years and plenty of time to win a flag. I'd expect us to turn over the list twice and challenge for the top 4 in two separate spans during that period.

Not Reiwoldt. One of him comes along once in a generation for a club.

Agreed that we'll never replace his career, but on 2017 output I really don't think we'd be in that much worse of a position without him. He looked cooked for a while almost mainly against GWS which was one of our best wins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown is the only young one out of those. If you honestly think you'll be getting much if anything out of the other two by the time you're contending again you really are delusional.
How long before you thought the dogs would content at the end of 2014?

You do know Cunners is 26?

You have been terrible for 5 years. All those top 10 picks - of course your list looks better.

All those top 10 picks? Billings & Longer the only two in our best 22. McCartin & Freeman riddled with injuries & may never make it.

(Excl. Roo cos he's just about finished).

You blokes have more top 10 picks in your best 22 & are second bottom lol.

Why not wait two years, win a flag and then go to North? Same offer, if not better, will still be there.
That could be a possibility mate but i think his decision is made or he would have signed by now.

His father's career didn't last long and I'm sure he would have given a thought to staying with the Risk of doing his knee and never getting them offers again imo. It's a short career in Afl ten years at best i think the money being thrown around by clubs is too good to pass up for a player eith his ability.

All those top 10 picks? Billings & Longer the only two in our best 22. McCartin & Freeman riddled with injuries & may never make it.

(Excl. Roo cos he's just about finished).

You blokes have more top 10 picks in your best 22 & are second bottom lol.

Come again?

4 on our entire list and Hansen is in the seconds

Count them:

Lol the irony of Carlton supporters.

Wah wah we want Kelly we are better wah wah don't take Kelly we want him please don't.

The fact we have an offer on the table for Kelly and Saints and Giants aswell is why we are here.

Carlton supporters I'm happy for your jump up the ladder to 15? 16? and your exciting list after two decades but have you even spoken to Kelly and what's your offer????
Or are you just here to waste our time?
Obviously ALL Carlton supporters are just here to waste your time.
Wake up to your arrogance fool.

Come again?

4 on our entire list and Hansen is in the seconds

Count them:

Wow saints have four too. But apparently saints have accumulated heaps from being terrible & that's why our list looks better. According to your North mate anyway

Higgins pick 11 & Simpkin 12 almost sneak in too ;) I reckon you blokes would have more first rounders than saints tbh.

Edit saints have 5 on list, as do North (Ahern, Ziebel, Cunnington, Hanson, McDonald +Higgins p11 & Simpkin p12).

Last edited:
LOL at the all these St Kilda types running the Tassie line.

Going by that "logic" Josh muct be super keen to play in New Zealand if St Kilda are in the mix.

St Kilda chief executive Matt Finnis has revealed a game in Auckland as early as next year – but more likely the year after – remains a possibility.

"Certainly there is a lot of enthusiasm within Auckland to play AFL football from either late-2018 or certainly 2019, if they can secure the stadium reconfiguration that they're looking to receive," Finnis told AFL.com.au this week.

Despite the new focus on China, the League insists it remains committed to the Saints' Kiwi ambitions.

"We've obviously played a number of games in New Zealand and St Kilda football club have led that, we're looking at continuing that potentially in Auckland," AFL fixture boss Travis Auld said.

"There are some discussions going on there at the moment, but that's a two or three-year lead-in by the time you find the right venue and do what needs to be done to make that happen."

Auckland Stadiums' director Paul Nisbett confirmed discussions have been taking place with both the AFL and St Kilda.

"Those discussions included the proposed redevelopment of Western Springs into an oval sports facility catering for cricket, AFL and other events," Nisbett told AFL.com.au.

"The possible redevelopment is in its early stages, but there is a strong desire to accommodate AFL as part of Auckland's event programme in future years."

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back