Jude Bolton on the trade table

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends. Griffen + 2nd or 3rd rounder for Jude + 1st rounder.

Wouldn't need McMahon.

In saying all this. It's probably just a kick up the arse players like Bolton, Schneider and Buchana actually need. They won't be traded.

Pretty sure they rate Giffen really highly at the bulldogs, doubt they'll bite even if we offered jude and #11 just for him.

Hopefully that's the case - but I would rather trade Jude rather than Buchanan or schneider.

What are you guys up to up there, Real Footy reckons your looking at injecting some speed into the midfield, is Roosy looking at tinkering with the old Swannies game plan.
Quality player Bolton, good luck to him.

because fev is a big girl. He's a whinger, is not a team man, and couldn't give a toss about the club he plays for

The same could have been said for Peter Everitt, Nick Davis and even Barry Hall. If we dont want Fevola then what about Buchanan, Schneider and Bolton for Judd. Having Judd and Goodes in the same team would be scary for any opposition :D

i would look at damon white and Ryan willits at port, i think we need more tall up forward and back to cover for afew retiries in the next few years.

The same could have been said for Peter Everitt, Nick Davis and even Barry Hall. If we dont want Fevola then what about Buchanan, Schneider and Bolton for Judd. Having Judd and Goodes in the same team would be scary for any opposition :D

No but at least Hall and Davis gives second efforts if the ball goes to ground.

if Fev doesn't mark it he looks at the umps for freebies or turns his back on the ball.

I reckon Jude represents the most value to a team like the doggies who need another in and under to compliment West. The only problem is that they don't have a lot of key position stocks to offer up. They have a plethora of skillful, pacey types though.

jude is triple the player west is or ever was....one of the most overrated players going around, west, he just happens to typify the bulldog battler spirit, he is nowhere near the best midfielders
i'm not saying he's no good but he can rack up 40 possessions every game and never hurt an opponent, and i don't even think he's that hard at it, he gets a lot of ball scouting packs and picking up loose stuff or feeding off a bloke like cross
buckley was the same most of the last 3-4 years of his career, although he was a far, far better player than west and COULD hurt an opponent

the dogs need in-and-under players such as jude to COMPLEMENT, not supplement a bloke like west

roos must be pissed cause he is changing the idfield mix i the trades comeoff
as for jude goo player, but did not finish in top 5 in swns bf consistently
so asking a high price is rich
will probably be a swap with melbourne, and i think melbourne is going aol, as their list is poor and are better off getting kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Swans fans - I put this to you.

If Carlton somehow managed a deal for Thornton that involved us receiving a sub-#20 pick (unlikely, but Hawthorn may be inclined).

Would you then be happy to swap Jude for our Pick #20 ?

Would compliment our midfield beautifully - as he could play that tagging role we were after when we chased Baker a few weeks back.

A midfield of: Judd, Stevens, Bolton, Murphy, Carrazzo would be frightening !

I think that would be around the mark, would probably depend on the amount of interest from other club. If a few are involved a late 1st rounder could possibly cut the mustard but otherwise pick 20 would be a decent deal.

jude is triple the player west is or ever was....one of the most overrated players going around, west, he just happens to typify the bulldog battler spirit, he is nowhere near the best midfielders
i'm not saying he's no good but he can rack up 40 possessions every game and never hurt an opponent, and i don't even think he's that hard at it, he gets a lot of ball scouting packs and picking up loose stuff or feeding off a bloke like cross
buckley was the same most of the last 3-4 years of his career, although he was a far, far better player than west and COULD hurt an opponent

the dogs need in-and-under players such as jude to COMPLEMENT, not supplement a bloke like west

:confused: Isn't that what I said?

:confused: Isn't that what I said?

i thought you said supplement west, as in join west in getting in and under.....i was just spouting off that i don't think west is the in-and-under player many think he is, and jude would be going there to do that hard grunt work that west doesn't do

sorry if i got it wrong, it's the pressure of trade week

Remove this Banner Ad

Jude Bolton on the trade table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back