Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 143 58.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 41 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ports wouldve been a lot more sh*t 08-2010 if Kane wasnt being a blanket on the oppositions best mid every week

What? That was prime seagull run around the back of the guy with free kick demanding the handball only to sand wedge it 35 metres down the field to the waiting opposition.

Nah Kane is really good at his job being able to bait not only viewers but actual AFL people.

He is the Stephen A Smith of the AFL. You need a lot of hard work and effort to be able to do that.

It's also why you should also only take his opinion as a grain of salt because most of the time he's going for a bait.

Nup

Lade Schulz Wingard
R.Gray Tredrea Westhoff
Pickett Wines P. Burgoyne
Montgomery C. Cornes G Wanganeen
Wilson Wakelin S Burgoyne

Primus Francou Boak

Carr James D. Motlop Butters

Daniel Motlop isn't fit to tie Kane Cornes' boots, and I'm not even that big a fan of Kane Cornes.

Nup

Lade Schulz Wingard
R.Gray Tredrea Westhoff
Pickett Wines P. Burgoyne
Montgomery C. Cornes G Wanganeen
Wilson Wakelin S Burgoyne

Primus Francou Boak

Carr James D. Motlop Butters
Motlop??? WTF!!!

So you rate Boak this week? Aren't you the guy who started a thread saying you dont rate Boak that highly???

Say no to drugs people.

The fact the only positive option is I still think he’s alright just seems petty in my opinion.

club champion, premiership player.

So what if you don’t like the things he says in the media. It’s an opinion on football everyone’s allowed to have one.

He does well. Takes a lot of shit. Must have thick skin.
His opinions are usually around the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he? Because he played more games? Of the similar positions/size I'd take Carr, James, Picjkett and Butters over Kane Cornes any day of the week.

Westhoff was the most versatile player we've had in our AFL era and D. Motlop, well that's just a bit of a personal fave.

He has 2 All Australian Guernseys and 4 B&Fs for Port Adelaide. He was the best tagger in the game and hurt opponents the other way with his running and positioning and reading of the play. He was a weapon in transition because he could burn off the gassed elite opposition midfielder who hadn't had a kick all game.

The 6 players in question have combined for 0 All Australians and 1 B&F for Port Adelaide. It's not even close.

He has 2 All Australian Guernseys and 4 B&Fs for Port Adelaide. He was the best tagger in the game and hurt opponents the other way with his running and positioning and reading of the play. He was a weapon in transition because he could burn off the gassed elite opposition midfielder who hadn't had a kick all game.

The 6 players in question have combined for 0 All Australians and 1 B&F for Port Adelaide. It's not even close.
Kane Cornes has more B&F winning seasons than Zak Butters has seasons.

When I think of Kane's playing career all I remember is hospital kicks. So many hospital kicks. Of course he was a serviceable tagger over a long career but the B&F's do make me wince. I'm not prone to much of his media so I'll just give him a Jack Watts

Kane isnt a journalist.

He hasnt done a cadetship or a degree.

He is a shock jock commentator.
Yet, he works in journalism; even if mostly in the “entertainment” side of the business. Covering sports is still journalism.

I maintain Motlop is the most obscenely skilled player we've ever had.

Most technically-gifted footballer I’ve ever seen. With more robust shoulders and a lust for the game, he’d have been a Hall of Famer.

66E74C85-D242-4CF7-BAAB-D12957E2A6EC.jpeg

Apologies to those who only saw it recently, but Kane Cornes’ media career in a nutshell

Our Bnfs around that period were farcical. The voting systems were completely flawed. Ill give Kane 2007, he was a worthy winner in a good side. But the next 3 are highly dubious. In 2008 he won it again whilst only attracting 3 Brownlow votes. D Motlop incedently, a forward, was our highest vote winner that year with 10 Brownlow votes.
By 2010 the club was in shambles and we saw the worst of the chip scab Selfish seagull Kornes had become.
At the clubs nadir in 2012 he won it again with people now openly questioning if the count was rigged.

Kornes was a very serviceable player, but 4 x times club best and fairest is an awful reflection on the club. There are atleast 20 better footballers that have played for our AFL incarnation over the last 25 years.

Ill forever have love respect and gratitude to every single one of the champions that took the field against Brisbane.

That said, if I was to rank them, Kornes sits a pretty clear 22nd of that group.

Not only his piss poor media record, but his selfish actions de-railing the 2015 season. If he truly wanted to be a firey he should have had the guts to retire at the end of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back