Toast Ken Hinkley Record Breaking Game - May 25th, 2024 vs. North

Remove this Banner Ad

If he wins a flag this year or next, yes.
Another finals exit without as much as a whimper this year though more than likely sees them accelerate the succession plan and move Ken on at the end of this season.

Some, definitely not all.
Caro is very close with people in high places at Port who are not named Ken Hinkley. And in this case in particular, Port has more to gain from leaking this than Ken.

Watched a bit of Sydney last night, we are a few steps away from the best, we won’t be troubling a GF.

It will be painful if we win a final then bomb out the following week -
and keep a Ken. Just move on old man….

Watched a bit of Sydney last night, we are a few steps away from the best, we won’t be troubling a GF.

It will be painful if we win a final then bomb out the following week -
and keep a Ken. Just move on old man….
I am not sure our best is that far off, we just don’t seem to be able to produce it as consistently as a team like Sydney. Realistically we are hoping for it all to click and come together in terms game plan, fitness and injuries at the right time of year. Last year it didn’t and we limped in to the end of season and finals.

I am not sure our best is that far off, we just don’t seem to be able to produce it as consistently as a team like Sydney. Realistically we are hoping for it all to click and come together in terms game plan, fitness and injuries at the right time of year. Last year it didn’t and we limped in to the end of season and finals.

'we are emotional team' - this is what Scott refereed to us as. Meaning we aren't consistent.

'we are emotional team' - this is what Scott refereed to us as. Meaning we aren't consistent.
Good teams don’t have the wild fluctuations in form that we’ve had in the past three weeks from the Showdown, through to the scintillating first half against Geelong, then back to a turgid first three quarters against the Hawks.

This morning on Fireball. 57.20. Small drive by, Kane hurried him along.

“DoN’t Be A sMaRt aLeC”

Mr “I consume loads of US sports media and you wouldn’t last 5 minutes in that arena, Darce!” Cornes can’t help himself, can he.

You’d think he’d start leaning into it by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They all know I reckon. Just too weak to mention it.

The problem is no-one wants to get blacklisted from club access by rocking the boat too much. It's why Tredders was free to push the untenable line once he was outed from the normal media anyway.

No-one wants to look outside the club for a coach or it might shine a light on themselves.

Everyone protects their little patch and the cycle of mediocrity lives on.

bullying minnows and failing to stand up to bullying go together and both are based on emotional immaturity, so yes.

“DoN’t Be A sMaRt aLeC”

Mr “I consume loads of US sports media and you wouldn’t last 5 minutes in that arena, Darce!” Cornes can’t help himself, can he.

You’d think he’d start leaning into it by now.
How's Kane, "He's still a very good coach - he's got Port in the top 4 after round 10." It's pretty much peak Hinkley - last year it was"they've won an extraordinary 13 games in a row", and this year it's top 4 after round 10." Wow: let's sign him up for life 🥴.

He’s now reaching a level of unprecedented longevity whereby it could happen essentially at random.

After all, if you replaced all 18 head coaches with soap stars from Home & Away and Neighbours, someone would still end up with the title ‘premiership coach’.
My money is on Brooke Satchwell

This is worse than 119 in my eyes.

Whose fault is it, it clearly lies on the shoulders of the board members appointed by the AFL.
Their "live on your knees" attitude of managing this club goes against everything that Port Adelaide stands for.

Is there a lawyer out there who wants to make a name for himself by coming up with a way to add to Port's constitution a clause similar to what the crows have, what I like to call the 2028 clause?

This club needs to be run by Port people for Port people again, as they are the ones funding it.

Doing a Hinkley now means something, as does Doing a Koch.
Neither of them will ever live this down.
I hope the money was worth it.

i think the reason they won't talk about it is obviously because it makes him look bad, but also because there's no easy deflection. they have easy copouts for everything "kenny can't kick it for them" blah blah blah but there's no easy go to for "officially worst coach in history"

Kenny from Camperdown!:

• 10-12 overall record in Showdowns despite the Crows being a flaming bag of dogsh¡t since the 2017 GF;

• Lost a home Prelim to a squad of literal hotel detainees by 12 goals in 2021;

• Conspired to miss the eight despite an 11-4 start, and the club boasting it was an all-in on the flag at the 2018 Members’ Seminar;

• In the penultimate round of 2019, lost a crucial game to North Melbourne by 14 goals despite starting as favourites (the Kangas kicked ONE goal in Geelong the previous week), resulting in missing the eight for the fourth time in five years. Gerard Whateley responds by berating fed-up Port fans because obviously. I mean, why wouldn’t he?!;

• Lost the 2022 Russell Ebert Tribute Game at Adelaide Oval by 11 goals despite a +12 advantage in inside50’s. Hawthorn haven’t won a game outside their home catchment (Vic/Tas) since;

• Has lost his last four knockout finals at home (2017/20/21/23), including a comprehensive defeat at the hands of Adam Kingsley’s Giants last time out, who he suggested “should remember the last time they came here and got beat” in the lead-up;

• Finally, as we all know, breaks the VFL/AFL record for the longest-serving coach in history to never qualify for a Grand Final this week.

And he’s still here until the end of 2025.

EB210100-44E8-4675-95C5-C01F514DCBF9.gif

They are just so well coached.
They have probably the best midfield in the competition.
They also don't have the footy pensioner Buddy hanging around slowing everything down.
They have a fair bit of young talent.
I'm actually a bit worried about them now when we peak into our window.

But yeah, we just need to learn to smooth out our poor passages of play and not being able to play our style of game. But we've been hearing that for a long time so the possibility of it happening is very low while Kenny Average is around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back