KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering they have the official Fox Footy finals song, is there any chance King Stingray get the support gig on the day? Or at half time?

Would be a good look for diversity purposes as well.

I did think it was a no brainer to have Hands Like Houses play back in 2020 for the same Fox Footy related reason, but they didn't run with it.

Touring wasn't as prolific as it is now - which is why bands could deliver roughly two albums every three years-ish.

Now bands have to tour their **** off just to make money... they have such little time to write.
Actually the opposite. The Beatles played non stop their first five years. Often more than seven shows a week. They would then take a few weeks off to do an album (two per year), and maybe have a week holiday before touring again.

wait a sec, so KISS are just doing the pre-show entertainment?! I thought they were doing half time?

Actually the opposite. The Beatles played non stop their first five years. Often more than seven shows a week. They would then take a few weeks off to do an album (two per year), and maybe have a week holiday before touring again.
When Sherbet were at their peak in Australia, in 1976, they did the "Around Australia in 80 Days" tour. Which was literally that, 70+ shows in 80 days (I think it was 78 shows or something like that). And it wasn't just major venues/cities, it was all over the bloody place - think of a regional town of a reasonable size and they probably played there.

Their schedule became so hectic that when they were inevitably required to record a new album, which in those days was annually, they would end up writing songs in the studio during the recording sessions.

I recall reading somewhere that over the course of their journey (69 to 84), they performed something like 2000 shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiss in their 70s heyday would do exactly this.
A couple of groups I love, the Hollies and Chicago, have toured pretty much annually since their inception, which is a long time for each band (since 1963 & 1967 respectively).

Last edited:
A great victory for the Men Wearing Make Up movement. It's about bloody time!

Touring wasn't as prolific as it is now - which is why bands could deliver roughly two albums every three years-ish.

Now bands have to tour their **** off just to make money... they have such little time to write.
Completely incorrect

Who the * is Martin Hamlish!
Marvin Hamlisch was a composer. Went ok too, according to his website he won three Oscars, four Grammys, four Emmys, a Tony, three Golden Globes, and the Pulitzer Prize.

Marvin Hamlisch was a composer. Went ok too, according to his website he won three Oscars, four Grammys, four Emmys, a Tony, three Golden Globes, and the Pulitzer Prize.
Was rhetorical Q, but thank you Sherb.

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Dont Get It Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Joking Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Kendall Jenner Joke GIF
Dudedad What GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back