kreuzer v leuenberger

Remove this Banner Ad

two team

Senior List
Mar 8, 2009
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
watching the game last thursday i couldn,t help notice the difference in body shape between these two ruckman, kreuzer despite being younger than leuy seems to have a much more mature body. but i feel confident that in the future we will have the better ruckman. there will be more upside to leuy in the future

The biggest thing i think is that Bergs hasn't been able to play full seasons of football where Kreuzer has. Would be great if Bergs could get a full year under his belt and build from there. ATM he keeps having to get back from injuries. Bergs is no more developed this year than he was last year due to having to rebuild all the muscle he lost from that infection he got. If he can maintain that fitness, build some experience this year and get a solid pre season he would really build on it.

...not to mention the 12kg he lost from the post-op infection after his last injury. Fingers crossed he manages to stay on the paddock this year.

There's not much between them in age - 12 or so months?

Way off. 11 months, 3 weeks. ;)

If Matty is going to the top shelf, he has to start holding some marks. Matched in the ruck - strength v leap. Both of them play the around the ground brilliantly. Both the same weakness at this stage. To be top shelf, you have to hold some marks. 6'8" - well use it. The world has plenty of midfielders.

i actually forgot about the 11kgs lost . that explains the weight difference. i think he did manage to regain some of the lost weight over summer. he is already a very god tap ruckman its the one area that he has overtaken kreuzer. Keuzers strength is his ability with second efforts. leuy is pretty good below the knees, so i figure we will see some great battles over the next few years

Pretty sure Bergs has got back the weight he lost last year, but the point is he had to get it back again. He hasn't had a chance to really get use to being that size and get that weight really set on his body. As far as body and game experience goes he is no different to this time last year, and that has been the problem for him. Kreuzer has had 2 or 3 solid seasons of footy, Bergs hasn't and as to keep restarting over and over.

If he can play out the year and get some games under his belt, i think he will explode next year.

Pretty sure Bergs has got back the weight he lost last year, but the point is he had to get it back again. He hasn't had a chance to really get use to being that size and get that weight really set on his body. As far as body and game experience goes he is no different to this time last year, and that has been the problem for him. Kreuzer has had 2 or 3 solid seasons of footy, Bergs hasn't and as to keep restarting over and over.

If he can play out the year and get some games under his belt, i think he will explode next year.

I'd like the bugger to explode next week. Just as I'd have liked him to take on the shortish, never-will-be who gave him body-on-body grief in the QAFL final last year, instead of just copping it.

I'd like him to get a bit of Charman's aggro and throw the body about and let the shortish people around him worry about him for a change.

Kreuzer has always had a strong element of getting involved in follow-up play, just as at one stage Leuenberger had.

Happy that our backup ruckman is being compared to Kreuzer.

Just hammers home the point that in Mitch (when he isn't suffering from a condition forcing him to involuntarily expel bodily fluids from either end) we have the best young ruck in the comp (apart from Naitanui but extra-terrestrials don't count).

Will take time for Leuey to build confidence in himself after back-to-back seasons of injury nightmares.

I rate Kreuzer higher then Leungerger mainly due to the fact one is leading the ruck division at his club and the other is second in charge.

To the opening post I also think Kreuzer should improve as a player in years to come also but it should be interesting to see where both are at in 5 years time.

I rate Kreuzer higher then Leungerger mainly due to the fact one is leading the ruck division at his club and the other is second in charge.

There would be logic there...except you're judging a player not by their own ability but the quality of their teammates

Remove this Banner Ad

kreuzer v leuenberger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back