Player Watch Lachlan Gollant - Contract Extension to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gollant is one of those rare players who has seemed less and less intimidating the more his body has matured*. In his earliest games he seemed like a skeleton that could still throw himself at any marking contest and pull in a grab somehow.

He's much more solidly built now, but that just makes him slow and late to every contest.

(*For what it's worth, in my head Luke Jericho is the platonic ideal of one of these players)

Gollant is one of those rare players who has seemed less and less intimidating the more his body has matured*. In his earliest games he seemed like a skeleton that could still throw himself at any marking contest and pull in a grab somehow.

He's much more solidly built now, but that just makes him slow and late to every contest.

(*For what it's worth, in my head Luke Jericho is the platonic ideal of one of these players)
Does seem to have a case of the Lewis Johnston / Luke Jericho. Worry is he is a poor version of them at this stage :/

Shocking game for him to come into and try prove himself and only let himself down by missing two shots. I think he's done but do feel a bit sorry for him coming in for that game vs had he been in the week before, I'm sure he'd have looked much better - potentially.

Still don't see a space for him on the list going forward though.

Big Gollant fan, another potential player who has been mismanaged by the club. Most games he has played in a row was 7 back in 2022. Every game since he has been dropped after 1-2 games. 108 goals in 54 games in our SANFL side. This is a player who the club should've been giving opportunities to so we were prepared for life after Tex, Gollant as a 3rd tall would be a tough match up next to Riley and Fog. Instead we'll delist him and a club like North will probably see the best of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Gollant fan, another potential player who has been mismanaged by the club. Most games he has played in a row was 7 back in 2022. Every game since he has been dropped after 1-2 games. 108 goals in 54 games in our SANFL side. This is a player who the club should've been giving opportunities to so we were prepared for life after Tex, Gollant as a 3rd tall would be a tough match up next to Riley and Fog. Instead we'll delist him and a club like North will probably see the best of him.
Explain his mismanagement to me

An enigma in many respects but his lack of hard work on the track compared with others might indicate that he doesn't quite want it enough.

He may be best to try out at another club because we don't seem prepared anymore to give him an extended run in the team.

I wouldn't blame LM team if they did let him goat end of year.

An enigma in many respects but his lack of hard work on the track compared with others might indicate that he doesn't quite want it enough.

He may be best to try out at another club because we don't seem prepared anymore to give him an extended run in the team.

I wouldn't blame LM team if they did let him goat end of year.
goat screaming GIF

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachlan Gollant - Contract Extension to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back