Leo and Ablett for Grundy and Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

swannykika

Team Captain
Jun 3, 2007
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Next week should just about see us back at full strength, theoretically. Did anyone think that Malceski didnt seem his usual self last night? There was some talk of hamstring trouble last week, and he's had that problem before, so lets hope not.

Next week should just about see us back at full strength, theoretically. Did anyone think that Malceski didnt seem his usual self last night? There was some talk of hamstring trouble last week, and he's had that problem before, so lets hope not.

I agree with Grundy and Richards out for Leo and Ablett. Grundy and Richards didnt prove themselves last night. Malceski only got 11 possessions and i think thats the lowest he has had this season. He only had 8 kicks and most of that if not all were from the kick in's. Maybe its just one of those 'one bad' game type things. He'll bounce back next week for shure! love him :D

I agree with Grundy and Richards out for Leo and Ablett. Grundy and Richards didnt prove themselves last night. Malceski only got 11 possessions and i think thats the lowest he has had this season. He only had 8 kicks and most of that if not all were from the kick in's. Maybe its just one of those 'one bad' game type things. He'll bounce back next week for shure! love him :D

Kicks from kick-ins don't count towards a player's stats - unless he first kicks to himself, in which case the next kick does count.

Competition between Dempster, Richards and Grundy is starting to heat up for that final tall backmen's position.

Leo is still in doubt for next week.

Competition between Dempster, Richards and Grundy is starting to heat up for that final tall backmen's position.

at their best, Teddy, but he was average last game.
But Im a Dempster fan and I thought he did well against WCE.

surely next week's game would be one to rest anyone carrying any hint of injury....leo for starters, micky o, maybe even give baz another week off....
we're right back in the mix again, folks....second best percentage, results going our way AND a lot of the teams around us (including us) play each other over next 5 weeks, so our fate's in our hands....top 4 still within reach, and look out for the swelling red and white tide....

Richards is playing without confidence. Leo and Luke come in for Richards and Brennan. Grundy did enough to hold his spot for mine.

wouldn't mind seeing Luke Brennan retained,looked promising at Hawthorn until injuries held him back there ,he appear's to quite skillful,yes missed an easy goal but that's only because of his confidence being a bit down..

LRT isnt ready yet

from what ive heard out of the reserves he has looked quite unsure on his feet around the ball and is lacking confidence which isnt a great sign in our reserves.

laidlaw would be a more likely replacement for teddy if that was the way roosy wanted to go. grundy did look alot better this week all be it against richmond, but he was playing on another promising forward in reiwoldt and kept him very quiet. this week there is another position to keep his spot and play in the backline against melbourne and youngster Michael Newton.

leo probly wont be risked this week against melbourne.

on malceski i think he failed to really get near the ball cause his opponent kept taking him back to the goal square - nathan brown mostly - that really could cost us coming up against tougher oppostion in the last 5 weeks and beyond.

okeefe said on channel 10 interview after the game that kristin thorten was pushing very hard towards a debut in the coming weeks. does anyone know much about him, i think hes been on the list a couple of years now but im unsure so maybe well see another debutant this week???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

okeefe said on channel 10 interview after the game that kristin thorten was pushing very hard towards a debut in the coming weeks. does anyone know much about him, i think hes been on the list a couple of years now but im unsure so maybe well see another debutant this week???

Not sure if your confusing or not but at half time in an interview Leo said the same thing. If they have both said this on separate occasions things are looking good for him to debut, although barring a few injuries I don't see a place in the side for him at the moment.

Also whats the deal with Crouch at the moment? Will/can he play again this year? I think it would be a positive for the team if he could take Bevan's spot in the team.

Could possibly be the case.

But personally I think they'll bring him back this week if he's fit enough.
Apparently LRT was a naughty boy and didnt do what he was told by the physio and hence was a longer rehab time which has led to a loss in skills. Just general timing issues apparently but I think if they were going to give him a shot it woul have been when Leo was out against Richmond. Might get a run against Melbourne but i really doubt it.

Not sure if your confusing or not but at half time in an interview Leo said the same thing. If they have both said this on separate occasions things are looking good for him to debut, although barring a few injuries I don't see a place in the side for him at the moment.

Nah Okeefe said it after the game on foxtel actually not channel ten (confusing channels) he was asked about brennen debuting for swans and then asked if there were any other young players in the reserves ready to start coming through

Also whats the deal with Crouch at the moment? Will/can he play again this year? I think it would be a positive for the team if he could take Bevan's spot in the team.

I think crouchy has been put on the injury list as indefinite so not looking good for crouchy to come back this year, he has had a great run with injuries over his career so hopefully well see him back next year.

whats so good about LRT. You keep harping on about his return, but he really aint that good.

I'm puzzled by this comment..?

I think you're totally forgetting what LRT has done for the team over the last few years. He has beaten very tough opponents like Brown, Richo and so on. Perhaps you've only got a short memory and are only remembering his last 5/6 games when he was playing injured. He is important to our team.

I'm puzzled by this comment..?

I think you're totally forgetting what LRT has done for the team over the last few years. He has beaten very tough opponents like Brown, Richo and so on. Perhaps you've only got a short memory and are only remembering his last 5/6 games when he was playing injured. He is important to our team.

Pretty sure LRT has never played on Richo. Almost certain C.Bolton has always gotten that job, and he normally gets the job on Brown too.

What LRT gives us is height in the defense. He does not give us an immense amount of ability with skills, but flexibility. He has beaten a COUPLE of decent players, however they have been few and far between.

He would be a handy pickup IF FIT come the finals, but certainly not vital to our chances.

Pretty sure LRT has never played on Richo. Almost certain C.Bolton has always gotten that job, and he normally gets the job on Brown too.

What LRT gives us is height in the defense. He does not give us an immense amount of ability with skills, but flexibility. He has beaten a COUPLE of decent players, however they have been few and far between.

He would be a handy pickup IF FIT come the finals, but certainly not vital to our chances.

LRT played on Brown when he played Brisbane early last year. He was in good form at that stage (before he got injured) and LRT held him very well. Plus, LRT has played on Richo before.. the game i'm thinking of was probably last year aswell. He did very well on him.

To back me up i found this article

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/hyphen-gives-the-swans-some-dash/2006/05/14/1147545210905.html

For the second consecutive week, Roberts-Thomson, called the Hyphen by some teammates, was asked to mark one of the game's best forwards. Having kept Brisbane's Jonathan Brown goal-less, this time he spent the afternoon chasing the gangling, athletic Matthew Richardson, who kicked two goals from limited chances.

The last two weeks have been a big challenge, taking Browny and Richo, but I think what makes my job a bit easier is the forward pressure and the midfield pressure which means the ball comes down under pressure," he said.

LRT is cool.

Nat is right. LRT got Richo twice last year for two very commendable performances. (He absolutely pantsed Richo in the second game of the year.) And he'd become first choice on players like Cloke, Brown, Riewoldt.

I think the only one of those tall, mobile CHF types LRT has not been entrusted to yet is Pavlich.

LRT played on Brown when he played Brisbane early last year. He was in good form at that stage (before he got injured) and LRT held him very well. Plus, LRT has played on Richo before.. the game i'm thinking of was probably last year aswell. He did very well on him.

Fair enough. Well given his form LRT is not the option at the moment, he is just not fit enough. We will have to stick with Grundy in the meantime.

Nat is right. LRT got Richo twice last year for two very commendable performances. (He absolutely pantsed Richo in the second game of the year.) And he'd become first choice on players like Cloke, Brown, Riewoldt.

I think the only one of those tall, mobile CHF types LRT has not been entrusted to yet is Pavlich.

It is going to be difficult for LRT to recapture that form before the end of this season, given his injuries this year. He could well add that extra dimension, and I hope he does. Grundy was alright on the weekend, but I can't see him having the experience to travel with the likes of Brown for a while (if ever).

Come on Nat, and Liz,LRT aint ready. If he gets a re-call and plays like shit,you
guys are gonna cop so much shit,it aint funny,you guys are just putting pressure
on the guy.If he is as talented as you claim,let him prove it!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo and Ablett for Grundy and Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back