Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me why this is ******ed?

Salopek is an absoulte gun and we would need to give up quality to get him. Hale can't even get a game in our 22 and Thomas while being ok, is easily replaceable.

Salopek would be the quality injection our midfield needs.

:thumbsdown: he has got worse shoulders than tarrant and pratt put together,we dont need any more long term injury list cloggers

wasnt LTs best year....but he had plenty of mates.....

keep him and Hales on the list.....and revisit in 12 months.....

if we do get Tarrant on the park..Josh improves....and cruize and ross and adams continue to impress....

and wells and flash have healthy years...with LA, jack and spitta then this might sound odd but moving LT and or Hale on after both of them having a good season going into a compromised draft might mean some decent trades for draft picks.....in what some are saying will be a better draft than this year.....

I find it funny how people keep listing Patch, Cruize and Ross as small forwards who can do Lindsay Thomas' job.

They are midfielders. Play them in their positions. They are not small forwards. When Cruize was playing forward everyone was complaining he hadn't shown anything. Just because you are a small midfielder, does not automatically mean you are a small forward.

I find it funny how people keep listing Patch, Cruize and Ross as small forwards who can do Lindsay Thomas' job.

They are midfielders. Play them in their positions. They are not small forwards. When Cruize was playing forward everyone was complaining he hadn't shown anything. Just because you are a small midfielder, does not automatically mean you are a small forward.

You can't blame people for not knowing the difference, given that those wise old men of football, the All Australian selectors have told us that the the best small forwards this year were Paul Chapman (true) Leon Davis :eek: and Dane Swan :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

...this might sound odd but moving LT and or Hale on after both of them having a good season going into a compromised draft might mean some decent trades for draft picks.....in what some are saying will be a better draft than this year.....

This line of thought has some errors imo.
I'm pretty sure LT won't be traded but with Hale, if he plays worse (or he serves up the same shite as this year) next year then the chances of us getting a decent pick from the gc let alone anyone would be slim seeing as he's put two seasons of nothing in a row.

On the other hand, if Hale picks up his game, yup his trade value will rise but I'll bet some money on it that nobody would want him traded anymore. I'd say calls for the gc to "get their grubby hands orf him" would start surfacing again.

It's now or not for a few more years (unless Krusty does a gibbo next year).

This line of thought has some errors imo.
I'm pretty sure LT won't be traded but with Hale, if he plays worse (or he serves up the same shite as this year) next year then the chances of us getting a decent pick from the gc let alone anyone would be slim seeing as he's put two seasons of nothing in a row.

On the other hand, if Hale picks up his game, yup his trade value will rise but I'll bet some money on it that nobody would want him traded anymore. I'd say calls for the gc to "get their grubby hands orf him" would start surfacing again.

It's now or not for a few more years (unless Krusty does a gibbo next year).

yeah who knows.....Hales might play have a blinder year and decide the bright lights and thongs of Broadbeach are calling.......cant remember his contract terms but I thought it was to the end of 2010 but I might be wrong..

There midfielders who rotate through the forward line.
Unlike thomas there got a heart and dont let there opponent get 30 possesions and set up 5 goals for the opposition.

There midfielders who rotate through the forward line.
Unlike thomas there got a heart and dont let there opponent get 30 possesions and set up 5 goals for the opposition.

They are not forwards. Get it through your head, they are midfielders. They can rest in the forwardline but that by no means means that they are good forwards.

When did LT let have this happen to him?

I just said there midfielders that rotate through the forward line although patch mainly played as a half forward flank.
When did he let his opponent get 30 possesions and set up about 5 goals? The question is when didnt he?
Hes opponent was running and taking bounces on the wing with no pressure like enright, scotland and hurn when he was on the ground sooking after he copped a love tap.
Dont neeed him!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just said there midfielders that rotate through the forward line although patch mainly played as a half forward flank.
When did he let his opponent get 30 possesions and set up about 5 goals? The question is when didnt he?
Hes opponent was running and taking bounces on the wing with no pressure like enright, scotland and hurn when he was on the ground sooking after he copped a love tap.
Dont neeed him!!!

Name one game where they did.

Carlton, West coast and geelong. I also named the opponents there buddy!!!

Thanks. You know what I find interesting about the Carlton game though is that Heath Scotland only had 17 disposals to Thomas' 14. Lindsay also managed to kick 4 goals 1 and lay 5 tackles in the game. Scotland laid 2 tackles.

Against Geelong Thomas had 17 disposals to Enright's 24. He kicked one goal and laid 7 tackles. Enright laid 1.

Thanks. You know what I find interesting about the Carlton game though is that Heath Scotland only had 17 disposals to Thomas' 14. Lindsay also managed to kick 4 goals 1 and lay 5 tackles in the game. Scotland laid 2 tackles.

Against Geelong Thomas had 17 disposals to Enright's 24. He kicked one goal and laid 7 tackles. Enright laid 1.

Spot on

Totally agree.

A forward who's attacking the goals is also going to get less posessions than a half back.

Hes an absolute gun. Hes samshed all those opponents and what would we do without him!!
How many goals did he kick this year?
How many goal assists did his opponent get?
How many times did he go to ground in a contest?
How many times did he go to ground and stay down like he was shot after he copped a love tap?

Hes an absolute gun. Hes samshed all those opponents and what would we do without him!!
How many goals did he kick this year?
How many goal assists did his opponent get?
How many times did he go to ground in a contest?
How many times did he go to ground and stay down like he was shot after he copped a love tap?

Nearly as many times as Daniel Pratt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas in demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back