Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

In the absence of a Brownlow thread I just want somewhere to say: Sell The Farm for Harley Reid! Can't believe he just said he'd watch Yazmin play (Carlton AFLW) , and take some of those things he sees into his own game.
What a supportive bloke/boyfriend, can't he see ours is the Culture he needs!

Last edited:
That was the "after some time" part. And the difference is that Swans and Brisbane can (and do) get father/sons and their academy players. Other clubs do not.

Or they employ a former player with a gun son as an assistant coach so they can get them through their academy. I'm sure Nick Blakey would've never discovered AFL footy without Sydney's academy assistance.

In the absence of a Brownlow thread I just want somewhere to say: Sell The Farm for Harley Reid! Can't believe he just said he'd watch Hayley play (Carlton AFLW) , and take some of those things he sees into his own game.
What a supportive bloke/boyfriend, can't he see ours is the Culture he needs!

Gracias. good add, let's talk.

He seems to show a lot more loyalty to senior players now than he used to in terms of list spots. That is what I was getting at.

Chapman, Bartel, Kelly, Stokes and SJ etc., were all booted out at around 31/32.

Yet, in more recent times, equal and often lesser players like Tuohy, Guthrie, Duncan, Stanley, etc., seem to be treated very differently and be allowed to play on into their mid thirties/announce their own retirements.
Sports science is a lot better than it once was.

34 is the new 31 in this sport.

A guy like Dangerfield would have never played like this ten years ago. Big power athletes usually never lasted long in footy.

Oh hurr hurr

I’m sorry, but Mullin was pretty invisible till later.
I did go back and watch his footage on the app. His best passage by far was in the 2nd where he took the running bounce throughout the middle and launch the i50 from the centre square to Neale's advantage deep directly out. Resulted in Dempsey's brilliant goal.

His first quarter was a little anonymous but given the low total TOG and higher stats the other quarters I think it's likely he was on the bench a lot early.

His stats were low but the only mistake I think he made is his inside 50 turnover. The rest of his involvements were good. I especially liked him taking on the tackler and winning a couple of times. The kid has some serious upside

Check out Oisin Mullin's Highlights from GEEL v BL, PF 2024

Gees just saw the play where stewart runs down bailey and then sends the ball down the guts for henry to kick the snap from the pocket to put us back in front.

Absolute bone chilling moment.

If we won that game that play would be remembered for decades. Sadly it will now be forgotton by next week.

Thinking about things since Saturday, and although I had that horrible feeling all week that the result we got is what would happen, I concede that all teams this year have had their ups and downs, but as supprters we critique our own team more harshly- well I do.
I think this result hurts so much because of the joy we felt 2 years ago, and how great that was. And we were indeed close. A Holmes virus and injury, and that may have been the difference.
Who knows who was afflicted with Covid last week, but it sounds like there was a bit going on.
And S. King.
Some of our guns has poor games, none moreso than Stengle, and let's hope our young players that have experienced the pain of Saturday come back stronger and hungrier.
And hoping we can keep players like DEK, who will be disappinted but if honest with himself, should get that he was not an automatic selection last week.
And then those that will retire.
How long Stanley, who still has something, and Duncan, who looks cooked, stay on, will be interesting list management.

Heard from Reliable Source :

Pressed about what Scott alluded : "not wanting to make excuses"
Reason for some players... under preforming
5 players recovering from covid

Yeah but I also think the lack of list spots pressure plays a part. We don't exactly have three first rounders coming in every year
and we might have needed space, $ for guys like Danger, JC??

He seems to show a lot more loyalty to senior players now than he used to in terms of list spots. That is what I was getting at.

Chapman, Bartel, Kelly, Stokes and SJ etc., were all booted out at around 31/32.

Yet, in more recent times, equal and often lesser players like Tuohy, Guthrie, Duncan, Stanley, etc., seem to be treated very differently and be allowed to play on into their mid thirties/announce their own retirements.

Chappy wasn’t booted - we had a 1-yr contract on the table for him but he wanted 2 years which we weren’t going to offer

As such, the club advised him he was welcome to explore his opportunities & if he could get a 2yr deal elsewhere we wouldn’t stop him from leaving, which is the same situation that Stringer currently finds himself in at Essendon - he has triggered a 1yr extension but wants a 2yr deal which they won’t give him

Chappy wasn’t booted - we had a 1-yr contract on the table for him but he wanted 2 years which we weren’t going to offer

As such, the club advised him he was welcome to explore his opportunities & if he could get a 2yr deal elsewhere we wouldn’t stop him from leaving, which is the same situation that Stringer currently finds himself in at Essendon - he has triggered a 1yr extension but wants a 2yr deal which they won’t give him
And not sure Bartel was booted out either.
Back then I recall the Hawks offloading 3 immortals in Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis.

Duncan as sub is a terrible descion and I don't think we can have both Bews and Mullin together. We lost it in the middle, same problem we've had for the last 2 years. We're still relying on Danger to lift to get us over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back