Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive missed opportunity considering we looked to have them on toast in the 3rd, but after that collapse I’m not sure how we would go against Sydney this week.

Massive missed opportunity considering we looked to have them on toast in the 3rd, but after that collapse I’m not sure how we would go against Sydney this week.
I like to think we saved ourselves the torture of losing the GF.
No Holmes would’ve made things very hard.
I’m still trying to work out how we were so competitive in a highly rated game with so many players playing horribly.

Indeed. Still the most sickening thing I've ever seen in footy. Like I said, what annoys me is that the myth of the game is so big that even we've bought into it.
View attachment 2120718
I think what drives that narrative is the fact that three of the major Hawk injuries were deliberately done by our players, and two of those were caught directly on camera.

Buddha smashed Platten and knocked him out. Yeates kneed Brereton and broke his ribs, and Ablett absolutely cleaned up Dipper.

I can’t name which Hawk caused which Geelong injury.

It was a brutal game, and I think most knowledgeable football followers are aware that Geelong got their share of injuries too.
I’ve always blamed Blight for us losing that game by getting us to play that way. We tried to out Hawthorn Hawthorn and that wasn’t our game. If we’d just played footy from the start, pretty sure we would have won.

I’ve always blamed Blight for us losing that game by getting us to play that way. We tried to out Hawthorn Hawthorn and that wasn’t our game. If we’d just played footy from the start, pretty sure we would have won.
We gave away a lot frees in that first quarter

Hawthorn lost a lot of players through injury as a result of blights tactics (brereton, ayers, dipper, platten). If they were fit it would of been a lot harder.

No one knows what would of happened. Brereton probably takes out couch or hocking for starters in the same way he took out vander haar the game before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Holmes, J.Henry, Stanley, Bruhn and Danger nursing a sore back/ribs.

I'm glad we're not there this week - you need to be healthy going into a GF, not plugging holes of a depleted side.
You would always rather be there. Sydney arent an indestructable team. They are beatable even down those players with a bit of luck.

The good news is that these 'what if' games tend to only come along once a decade or so if you're (un)lucky. The last one was 2013. At least we're not Giants supporters, if such a thing genuinely exists.

I think we woulda been cooked this week, given the injuries. What's left of the midfield would have been put to the sword.

No one knows what would of happened. Brereton probably takes out couch or hocking for starters in the same way he took out vander haar the game before
I agree with this. Blight wasn't responsible for Buddha going nuts and trying to whack everyone, he wasn't responsible for Bruns trying to take on Dipper and the like.

It wasn't just Vander Haar, either - he also took out Daisy Williams and some other Essendon bloke, too.

The good news is that these 'what if' games tend to only come along once a decade or so if you're (un)lucky. The last one was 2013. At least we're not Giants supporters, if such a thing genuinely exists.

I think we woulda been cooked this week, given the injuries. What's left of the midfield would have been put to the sword.
Let me tell you all about the 2019 finals series.

No Holmes, J.Henry, Stanley, Bruhn and Danger nursing a sore back/ribs.

I'm glad we're not there this week - you need to be healthy going into a GF, not plugging holes of a depleted side.
I know Holmes would have been out but the other 4 you mentioned probably would have played.

I’d personally rather be there. You never know.

When you’ve got razer ray coming out on SEN saying we were hard done by you know the umpiring was atrocious.

Having said that, being infront with 2 minutes to go… no one to blame but ourselves.
Honestly, I don't think it was atrocious. There were a couple where we didn't get the rub of the green, but I've seen much worse.

The Brereton/Yeates hit needs to be put in the context of Brereton taking Yeates out 10m off the ball at a boundary throw in on the city side wing at Princes Park early in the year. The hit in the GF was the square up.
just posted the same- was at that game- had that eerie feeling that our lead was not enough, and Dermie's antics certainly helped them.
I know Holmes would have been out but the other 4 you mentioned probably would have played.

I’d personally rather be there. You never know.
Henry unlikely, although we haven't heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Lions prevail by 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back