List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rate Cerra why?

Is it because he's a better player? Or because he's been developed better? Or because we snagged him from a better side? Is it because he's more experienced?

Did people complain this year about Cerra being soft? Couldn't kick? Couldn't tackle? We've all seen Cerra do exactly the same things as Dow... but he gets a pass why? We've seen him fumble... we've seen him miss targets... but he's a good player right.

I'm sure we could roll out a 5 hour tape of Cerra stuffing things up badly if we wanted to. Because I mean 62 clangers in 18 games this year... at 3.44/game. As for the rest of the Fab 5... Matt Kennedy - 17 games, 55 clangers. Patrick Cripps - 21 games, 106 clangers. Sam Walsh - 20 games, 83. clangers. George Hewett - 15 games, 42 clangers.

People have whipping boys and it takes a lot to change their minds. Carrots... Italian for turnover. Couldn't kick over a jam tin... delist him... drop him next week. Then something clicked for him and he went from scapegoat to club legend. It's just public perception. People would see the s**t things the player did, and blame them for the losses or even have a shot at them because they did something that cost us a goal in a win.

This year, I reckon that LOB has broken even in terms of popular opinion. People could see the progress he's made this year under the new coaches. Yes he does some dumb things at time. This year... 19 games... 52 clangers. Played an average of about 80% game time during those 19 games.

Dow was taken at 3, Cerra at 5, LOB at 10. Dow and LOB are both around 60 games played, Cerra is at 94. Is it the 34 extra games experience that makes him a better player? The added first team development? Better coaches? Or is it the confidence gained from having coaches that trust you to do the job and send you out there... and don't drop you if you make a mistake.
Picking the wrong guy if you are looking to pick a fight re cerra . I have voiced numerous times during the season how underwhelmed I was in cerra. Up until the last game I hadn't seen him really do much that stood out. The odd cameo, maybe one or two decent games otherwise just average. His kicking into the F50 hasn't been very good, I've often commented it's dow like. Definitely wasn't the player that was sold to us on here when we got him. But showed alot that last game, more than he had shown all year and a player I could get behind. Needs to do it more often which I hope he will over time.

Gets a lot more involved in games than dow ever does, dows 'really good' games at AFL level are 20 touches and not much impact if any. Dow normal games are 15 touches with 5 errors imo

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Picking the wrong guy if you are looking to pick a fight re cerra . I have voiced numerous times during the season how underwhelmed I was in cerra. Up until the last game I hadn't seen him really do much that stood out. The odd cameo, maybe one or two decent games otherwise just average. His kicking into the F50 hasn't been very good, I've often commented it's dow like. Definitely wasn't the player that was sold to us on here when we got him. But showed alot that last game, more than he had shown all year and a player I could get behind. Needs to do it more often which I hope he will over time.

Gets a lot more involved in games than dow ever does, dows 'really good' games at AFL level are 20 touches and not much impact if any. Dow normal games are 15 touches with 5 errors imo

Think that you might be wrong about Cerra. If you take the Essendon game out (where he was subbed off very early) he averaged about 25 touches per game , an area of his game that really impressed me was his tackling with just shy of five per game. This despite a bout of covid and another injury in a brand new team for a 22 year old. He had 30 touches or more 4 times and 25 or more another 5 times. Reckon his season was far better than one or two decent games.

If he goes 10% better next year, which would be reasonable expectation , that would be a great year.

Think that you might be wrong about Cerra. If you take the Essendon game out (where he was subbed off very early) he averaged about 25 touches per game , an area of his game that really impressed me was his tackling with just shy of five per game. This despite a bout of covid and another injury in a brand new team for a 22 year old. He had 30 touches or more 4 times and 25 or more another 5 times. Reckon his season was far better than one or two decent games.

If he goes 10% better next year, which would be reasonable expectation , that would be a great year.

The number of disposals doesnt mean he had a good game, not in my books anyway.

Alot of players accumulate and don't impact the game enough. I found alot of his games underwhelming.

My goodness this is so far from what has actually occurred it is not funny. Watch the actual games. Cerra is a FAR FAR superior player than Dow and Obrien. Dow will be out of the league in a few years.
You didn't read what I wrote at all did you. Put Dow into a better development system than the one we had until this year, and he would be a much better player than he is now. Do you just sit there to watch for anything he does wrong and then loudly proclaim "See I told you he was shit!"? When Cerra was drafted, Ross Lyon was the coach there, then Longmuir took over. While at Carlton, they had Bolton and Teague. We hired guys who wouldn't put Barker in his place... and assistant coaches who were whiteanted out of their jobs by Barker.

Just for an in your face... Dow in his first two seasons of 20 games and 19 games, had a maximum of 50 clangers in a season (41 and 50).

Yes please.

Sure. I'm not sure why you're so keen for it to be done though, it doesn't exactly help your cause.

Looking at this year's AA squad the following all weigh similar to Fisher. All listed at 80kg or lighter.

Charlie Cameron
Adam Saad
Josh Daicos
Tyson Stengle
Shai Bolton
Daniel Rioli

Three of them just made the AA side.

How many of them do you reckon are no good? How many, as you say, lack physicality 'when the whips are cracking'?

Do we need to look at more or is that enough?

Why aren't we into Taranto, and where did all this cap space magically appear from at Collingwood?

I think the midfield is just about right now with George and Cerra coming in this year and Kennedy and Setterfield improving so now it’s time to focus on other areas like a small forward, wing, ruck/forward and key position defender.

Quite rightly it sounds like re-signing H and TDK are our priorities so we won’t have much cash for a big free agent and given we haven’t had a first round pick since 2019 I’d imagine we’ll keep our 1st and 2nd picks and need to get creative.

I’d be looking who are realistically gettable due to contract status and cost:
- small forwards: Breust or Willy Rioli
- wing: Lachie Sholl
- ruck/forward: Ratugolea
- key position depth: Melican

Id be into papley's ear again

He’d be perfect but he’s contracted until the end of 2023 so he would cost a lot in draft capital not to mention he’d still command a high salary and I doubt we have the ability to offer either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he has legitimate currency, that which is more than his actual output. Weighs 70 kilos, instils absolutely no fear at all when the whips are cracking. Please trade.
Would you have traded Kade Simpson?

Because he only weighed in at 75kg?

What about Darren "Pup" Hulme? 175cm and 77kg? Bit light isn't he by your standards.

Lets talk about a modern player if you don't want to talk about retired players... Caleb Daniel. Would you like him on our list? I'm betting that you'd love to have him on our list... even if he only weighs 72kg?

Fisher weighs 75kg.

But one made the AA best 44 squad and the other was selected in the Under 22 Best 22 for the league.

People see things differently.

I remember you saying stats are useless to me bigfrizz. Good to see you quoting some sources to back your view. And you are entitled to it.

I feel I back in my opinion particularly on Weitering. But also on Cerra being ok over the entire season. I’m very surprised Weitering made the shortlist. I would say my opinion is based on form and our expectations.

Did you have Weitering outperforming Young in 2022?

I'm just making a point. Like LOB, Dow is under-developed. If a team comes in and Dow wants to leave, I wouldn't be adverse to him departing... but I want to see what a couple of years under a proper coaching team will do for him.

Dow suffered from the problem where everyone looked for Cripps first, and then Walsh when he came in. Now he's dropped further down the list because of the arrival of Hewett and Cerra... and resurgence of Kennedy and Setterfield.

Doc polled well in coaches votes in the final 2 games as a mid.

With Boyd, Newman, Williams, Stocker and Saad it’s an open question going into next year as to where they play Doc.
Agree with you, but in Doc we have exactly the winger / potential winger we have been crying out for. Runs hard both ways, good tank, strong footy IQ and can hit a target. I think this is the most logical spot for him particularly with a fit Williams and continued improvement from Boyd, Stocker and hopefully kemp.

Exactly and only Motlop has that potential on our list IMO but he is still a kid and we can’t put that pressure on him.

Owies and Durdin are rubbish who are just scrappers who bob up once every 6 weeks.
Durdin is rubbish? Really
I think your making that assumption of that last 2 minutes off the Collingwood game. The kid struggled in the second half of the year no doubt, but he is only in his second year and shows plenty to me as a gun small forward with small samples in the middle

Tyson Stengle just made the A.A. team

Caleb Daniel

Robbie Flower for those of a reasonable age.

All are 75kg or less as is Zac Fisher. Only the first three that I thought of. Wouldn't be hard to list a lot more if I could be bothered looking.
Simmo 76kg, Pup Hulme 77Kg... some guy called Eddie Betts... 75kg.

Charlie Cameron 76Kg, Charlie Spargo 76Kg... Adam Saad 77Kg.

Nick Daicos 73Kg, Kozzi Picket 73kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back