List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Since Marshall got concussed he’s been poor, Charlie is really at the end of his time.
Jed doesn’t kick goals and DBJ had a couple of good games but that’s it.
Rioli would have been our best forward this year and that’s not good enough to win squat.
Once our mids drop off just slightly we are done.
Still believe we have a big fitness problem at Alberton, everyone seams to be carrying injuries that seriously effect them playing from week to week.

I absolutely don’t want to be “that guy” on the internet pretending he knows things but I heard about soldo to port recently from a very credible source - one with a personal connection to him. Not sure how we get it over the line though. And why sweet would ask for a trade if soldo was on the hook too.

Anyone reckon we should shop around Powell Pepper? I'm getting a bit sick of him to be honest.

It's all well and good to pull these miraculous goals out of your ass, but how about playing just one consistent game of football, with proper football skills and acts..

How many times did he fumble the ball last night? or run right over it? Isn't he supposed to be an inside midfielder?

Anyway, his value is the highest it's ever been after a career year.

Surely West Coast would be interested

We can’t even find room for a Brownlow Medallist in the engine room these days, so expecting Ken or Carr or whoever has control of the midfield rotations these days to inject Pep for a quarter or two is optimistic.

I don’t understand why he hasn’t been given a proper run through there, though — did it with aplomb as a rookie, ffs.

When the midfield division is getting smashed and refuses to run both ways, how are you not injecting someone like him for 10 minutes at least?

Last edited:
I absolutely don’t want to be “that guy” on the internet pretending he knows things but I heard about soldo to port recently from a very credible source - one with a personal connection to him. Not sure how we get it over the line though. And why sweet would ask for a trade if soldo was on the hook too.
Even if it's a sideways move for Sweet, he may end up with more money, plays in his home state, and then would be battling for a spot against a worse ruck than English.

Splinterdick in for mac'n'cheese?

Would also like to see J Binns on a wing opposed to J Sinn and get Hore in to assist with the Horne.

But somehow you know the starting ruck line for next year will read something like Sweet Rozee Wines.

List management goals.

Last edited:
We can’t even find room for a Brownlow Medallist in the engine room these days, so expecting Ken or Carr or whoever has control of the midfield rotations these days to inject Pep for a quarter or two is optimistic.

I don’t understand why he hasn’t been given a proper run through there, though — did it with aplomb as a rookie, ffs.

When the midfield division is getting smashed and refuses to run both ways, how are you not injecting someone like him for 10 minutes at least?
Stubborn, unflexible, prosaic game day solutions etc. all a very common theme.

For me not earmarking & training at least one of our experienced up the field talls for backline duties when required once Esava fell through sums them up.

Guess he is not off to Essendon then.

I used to be happy for Ozaria to go. Then we played McEntee instead. We're lucky that we have a good young midfield core, so we can 'reach' for a genuine small forward earlier than clubs usually do, as we aren't after from those group of midfielders clubs usually go for first (along with KPP's). Regardless even if we grab one, I'd keep Fantasia as a rookie / minimum contract for a year and play him when fit over McEntee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks
I know you're not necessarily meaning it this way but this is all more excuses for the club. No club in this league has much depth beyond their best 23. Look at the teams still in the premiership race, all of them have stuff all injuries. The problem for us is we are carrying too many older players in key positions and they can't be relied upon to stay fit. It's a mini version of the problem the Eagles have faced with their ancient squad over the past few years, it just only applies to key positions for us.
Look at our injury prone players that let us down
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie
Wines
Lesser extent Boak

They didn’t give us enough and they have one thing in common, age.

We were to keep them, I’d suggest they play limited games and not a full season. Bah who am I kidding

Just a hypothetical - would you trade Ollie Lord for Melbourne's first round pick?

No

Not because I think he’s worth a whole lot more, it’s just a backwards move.

The odds we could pick up a better kf with that pick are super low.

Maybe we could nail the draft pick and pick up a mid or flanker ? But there’s not much reason for us to do it.

Only way I would do it would be for another very promising young player.

If it unlocked a nasiah wanganeen, Charlie Ballard will day Harry barnett phillipou type player (most of these are not realistic which is why we wouldn’t do it) sure.

Looks

Look at our injury prone players that let us down
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie
Wines
Lesser extent Boak

They didn’t give us enough and they have one thing in common, age.

We were to keep them, I’d suggest they play limited games and not a full season. Bah who am I kidding
This club has to have a cleanout or we are looking at a repeat next year from a much lower position. Keeping these injury prone players is as mad as keeping JB when he just could not kick a football.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back