List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Would I swap Lord for Melbourne’s first pick. If you mean #5, yes, in a heartbeat. If you meant #14 then still yes. Lower than that and it’s all about who we get.

Lord’s trade value is the highest it will be. He will struggle to get games in 2024 with Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades in front of him and Visentini and Scully coming from behind him.

Would I swap Lord for Melbourne’s first pick. If you mean #5, yes, in a heartbeat. If you meant #14 then still yes. Lower than that and it’s all about who we get.

Lord’s trade value is the highest it will be. He will struggle to get games in 2024 with Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades in front of him and Visentini and Scully coming from behind him.
Dixon will be in his last year and is suspect, Marshall is one concussion away from having a long spell away, Finalayson will be faced with a major personal challenge, Georgy is returning from an ACL and may be a year or more away from finding form/fitness, Scully is no where near ready.

Trading Lord is a big risk.

Ive been a massive fan of Duursma but watching him this year and especially on the weekend he just doesnt quite cut it at this level. Ive said it for a while he is not a wingman, not quick and an average kick. I would def explore what we could get for him on the trade table and if he stays id look at playing him as a lockdown back pocket as he does try his guts out and is hard at the footy.
Duursma playing as a back pocket and kicking out of defence.

No Way Do Not Want GIF

A young KPF who shows promise, there’s not many of those floating around.
It’s a big No from me.
Agreed, at his age plus given his serious health setback early in the season Lord has shown enough to at least suggest he is a strong chance to develop into that big bodied gorilla replacement for Dixon.

More to do with the way they were managed. All pushed to hard while carrying injuries. Just so Kenny could get his extension!
They did not let us down, the Coach playing injured players and handing out gold passes to others, let us down.

so...what do you have to offer for a contracted Ivan Soldo? Sounds like a bizarre move to me TBH. He and Sweet are the same type of player and neither can play forward. Soldo is arguably a better ruck than Nank, but Nank is our captain. If you got him he'd serve you well IMO. He's a very good tap ruckman, throws his weight around, has some campaigner in him, a decent mark and a great yet awkward looking set shot within 40. I think we should be offloading him now while he's contracted rather than lose him for less next season. Samson Ryan is the ideal 2nd ruck currently and will ready to take the reins from Nank in a few years.

I'd say we would either want a best 22 player (KPF/outside mid) or decent pick this year, rather than a future pick....

Next year soldo would be an unrestricted free agent at the age of 29 and likely playing minimal games. Your best outcome would be a 3rd round compo pick, for which he needs to earn in the top 70% to just achieve that. It’s even possible you would get no compo pick for him.

There’s just zero chance you get a first 22 player for him. For a ruck who’s on the outer, had a few injuries if I remember correctly? And a year away from free agency where you will get little to nothing.

I don’t see how he’s worth more than a 3rd or 4th round pick or a similar player like clurey.

Of course Richmond could decide that a year from him is worth more than a pick like that , and since he’s contracted that’s possible.

I rate Lord highly, but there is absolutely no chance we would get Pick 5 for him and very unlikely we would even get 13 for him.

I don’t think people are saying it’s what he’s worth or what a club should pay… but the only thing that would make it worth our while to part with a promising young kf.

Lord, Georgiades or Marshall are the obvious ones, but I doubt you'd let any of them go. Maybe Lord if we tipped in another pick that helped you get the other deals done?

I like Bonner, reckon he's under rated but not a need for us at all. Don't know anything about the other two but don't scream best 22, do they? Duursma is a dirty word on our board but I rate him. Well I did a couple of years ago, not sure what's happened since? Could do with a change? Anyhoo every single player from another club is a spud according to our board.

It will be interesting...

Lol Jesus Christ no.

Why on earth would be part with a young first 22 player for an end of career trier barely getting a game for you guys?

Honestly if you were ever going to trade a player at the peak of his value, trading Lord now wouldn't be the worst idea. We've sat here before and in hindsight have said we should have traded players like that. Would be a strange call, but it might be a good result long term.

Nah. Not with a young kf

How many teams throw draft pick after draft pick trying to find a young kf and failing.

How many picks have we spent on kfs in recent history ?

Shaw , Harvey , butcher , Marshall , Georgiades lord off the top of my head.

We’re better off with the one we’ve got than going fishing again and spending pick after pick.

Trade lord… then use many more picks than what we get for him searching for … him?

Georgiades won’t be available for the start of next year, hell, he will have to build fitness and form he could be a non-factor for a little while.

It’s not given we pick finlayson over lord next year. Finnys always been up and down with his form.

Dixon’s at the end of his career and injury prone.

Dante is well behind getting picked as a kf over lord. And Scully is still years away from pushing for afl. A lot of work on his body and fitness and there’s no need to rush Scully either.

Georgiades Dixon Rioli
Fantasia Marshall Powell-Pepper
Bergman Wines Duursma
Burton Aliir Houston
Jones Ratugolea Zerk-Thatcher

Sweet Rozee Butters
Finlayson Drew Horne-Francis
Williams

Boak Narkle Farrell Sinn McKenzie Lord Evans Byrne-Jones Burgoyne Jackson Visentini
McCallum McEntee Mead

That’s what a fit squad ought to look like next year. That’s 36 players without counting:

Jonas, Barkla, Bonner, Dumont, Scully, Teakle, Hayes, Lycett, K.Marshall as I don’t expect any of these to get games next year.

This would be as good and as balanced a squad as we have had in the AFL. Apart from Rozee, Butters, Powell-Pepper, Bergman, Drew and Houston, I’d expect more out of all First 22 players listed above in 2024 than we got in 2023 and I’d expect these 6 to perform near their 2023 level.

You don’t need stars in every position. Mahoney, Thurstans, Bishop, Kingsley are all premiership players as are Jed Bews, Close, Stanley and Z.Guthrie. Even Gary Rohan is a premiership player ffs.

Last edited:
Next year soldo would be an unrestricted free agent at the age of 29 and likely playing minimal games. Your best outcome would be a 3rd round compo pick, for which he needs to earn in the top 70% to just achieve that. It’s even possible you would get no compo pick for him.

There’s just zero chance you get a first 22 player for him. For a ruck who’s on the outer, had a few injuries if I remember correctly? And a year away from free agency where you will get little to nothing.

I don’t see how he’s worth more than a 3rd or 4th round pick or a similar player like clurey.

Of course Richmond could decide that a year from him is worth more than a pick like that , and since he’s contracted that’s possible.

I don’t think people are saying it’s what he’s worth or what a club should pay… but the only thing that would make it worth our while to part with a promising young kf.

Lol Jesus Christ no.

Why on earth would be part with a young first 22 player for an end of career trier barely getting a game for you guys?

Nah. Not with a young kf

How many teams throw draft pick after draft pick trying to find a young kf and failing.

We’re better off with the one we’ve got than going fishing again and spending pick after pick.

Trade lord… then use many more picks than what we get for him searching for … him?

Georgiades won’t be available for the start of next year, hell, he will have to build fitness and form he could be a non-factor for a little while.

It’s not given we pick finlayson over lord next year. Finnys always been up and down with his form.

Dante is well behind getting picked as a kf over lord. And Scully is still years away from pushing for afl. A lot of work on his body and fitness and there’s no need to rush Scully either.

Dante will stay in the middle. See ball get ball. He has to force his way in over the new guys.
We will not play him as a forward.

Lol Jesus Christ no.

Nah. Not with a young kf

I don't know if he's an end of career battler, why are you guys chasing him? He's 27 btw. We'll get something decent for him. LOL @ Clurey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if he's an end of career battler, why are you guys chasing him? He's 27 btw. We'll get something decent for him. LOL @ Clurey.

(27 1/2)

Yeah, and as I said he will be 29 when he’s a free agent, hence why it’s unlikely you get good compo / any compo at all.

Tell me why you would “get something good” for a player who’s not best 22 and at the end of his career?

As I said, he’s not worth a lot at all, the only consideration is the flip side, that if he’s not worth a lot is there more value in Richmond jsit holding him for a year, knowing they lose any chance of getting something at least for him but the value of keeping him on the list next year as backup?

I don’t see Richmond holding him back and refusing to trade him tho.

Also, the irony of dismissing clurey. Can you not see the utter hypocrisy of “this player that isn’t in our best 22 has value” and then dismissing clurey … a player in a similar position ?

Last edited:

Unless there is some Stengle stuff going, I can't see why we or another club wouldn't look at Newchurch. Genuinely quick small forward with goalsense.

Kicked 7 goals against us across two games, we would know very well what abilities he has

4 delisted +Jonas - Have 3 saying they want to come. Have to take 3 in the draft.

So minimum 1 more out.

Last edited:
I think Lord has shown enough that he could turn into a valuable tall forward. Can take a strong mark, competes hard and can be dangerous when the ball hits the ground. He’s more than a one dimensional tall.

I’d keep him unless we got a silly offer. Melbourne won’t offer pick 5. Not enough exposed form to deserve such a high pick

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back