List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need another big bodied inside Mid to develop. If Wines or Drew were injured who do we have? Mead and Dumont. As much as we love the romance of a genuine father/son you can't see Mead making it so make the tough call and move on

I think we need another big bodied inside Mid to develop. If Wines or Drew were injured who do we have? Mead and Dumont. As much as we love the romance of a genuine father/son you can't see Mead making it so make the tough call and move on
Powell-Pepper

Powell-Pepper
At the start of the year, I was like he shouldn't be anywhere near the midfield but he has played a really good role as the high forward and what surprised me is that his motor is one of the best at the club so he can definitely play midfield, would complement the skill guys but is not without skill, gives a bit of dog to the midfield with the Hornet, goes hard, goes all game, could tag, could go inside but is inside/outside, has a natural game of helping others which would help set the table for the other but also can do plenty himself. He's speedy, tough, hard to tackle and likes a don't argue. Against the Cats, he also kicked a few very difficult goals.

He has to be looked at.

Bergman.

Thinking very pessimistically and assuming that Sinn never comes good, I have our future preferred wings as Burgoyne and Duursma; our present-future centre square mids as Rozee, Butters, JHF, Bergman, Drew and Jackson; our BPs/HB flankers as Houston, Williams, Farrell, Burton and Jones. McCallum a chance to play the Bergman defender role in the future.

If Sinn does come good then that’s a bonus as he could be that powerful centre square mid.

I don't know if we have enough room for Sinn down back but for the first part of his career, it would be awesome if he styled his game on Isaac Quaynor. A tight backman playing on smalls but absolutely ready to rip out a run and burn his man at any time. It would give our backline an ever greater dimension.

But even wing, whatever.

I don't know if we have enough room for Sinn down back but for the first part of his career, it would be awesome if he styled his game on Isaac Quaynor. A tight backman playing on smalls but absolutely ready to rip out a run and burn his man at any time. It would give our backline an ever greater dimension.

But even wing, whatever.
My concern isn’t about whether or not we have room for him, it’s whether he is good enough to play AFL. For the moment, I think the answer is no.

Sinn is more than good enough, it’s more can he stay fit.
Interested to know if it’s his underage or SANFL form that has you so confident. I was excited when we drafted him, but the very little I have seen of him, has me worried.

At the start of the year, I was like he shouldn't be anywhere near the midfield but he has played a really good role as the high forward and what surprised me is that his motor is one of the best at the club so he can definitely play midfield, would complement the skill guys but is not without skill, gives a bit of dog to the midfield with the Hornet, goes hard, goes all game, could tag, could go inside but is inside/outside, has a natural game of helping others which would help set the table for the other but also can do plenty himself. He's speedy, tough, hard to tackle and likes a don't argue. Against the Cats, he also kicked a few very difficult goals.

He has to be looked at.
Agree: even if SPP just goes into the centre for the first bounce (of each qtr).

Sinn definitely stays on the list, he has some genuine game breaking AFL qualities. His burst speed from half back is exhilarating and his upfield vision is like a hawk's. There were some sanfl games I watched where you could see him on the brink of really breaking out.

He has had a :poo: run with injury starting from before we drafted him, but the talent is undeniable. Lachie Jones has had some horrible runs with injury and people were ready to delist him, now he is looking the real deal.

You stick with guys with talent and the athleticism needed in modern AFL until you are sure they can't be fixed.

He has to be looked at.

I couldn’t stand SPP for years because Port fans lorded him so much but he was so inconsistent and did dumb stuff because he was partying to much but these last 2 years he’s been very important and finally playing like he should have been with all the wraps he got from the fans

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not long ago we were really set for wingmen.

Amon, duursma Farrell, Bonner, Bergman , sinn, boak could go out there and so on. Rozee and butters could play out on the wing.

But now Amon has left, Farrell has been moved back, duursma keeps getting injured, who knows whether sinn can stay on the park. Bergmans gone back for now.

It’s not as stacked as it was.

Having said that we have Rome Burgoyne coming in 2024 who is a pure wingman and Louie Montgomery who will likely start his career as a flanker / wingman.

Lol what the actual *.

Was a pretty ordinary game. Took a few contested marks but really didn’t have an opponent and just sat in the hole for our trademark high bombs to the oppo defenders.

What are of the draft would Rome be tracking to fall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are of the draft would Rome be tracking to fall?

I have no idea.

Can try asking on the draft board, or Macca19.

I do know there’s a bunch of much higher rated players who are rated well above him, and very outside wingmen often aren’t really going to go high unless they’re showing onball potential or elite so I would not be worried about him going very early.

My very very broad guess is 15-rookie. Lol. All depends on his draft year.

I have no idea.

Can try asking on the draft board, or Macca19.

I do know there’s a bunch of much higher rated players who are rated well above him, and very outside wingmen often aren’t really going to go high unless they’re showing onball potential or elite so I would not be worried about him going very early.

My very very broad guess is 15-rookie. Lol. All depends on his draft year.

Yeah you’d need to have a quite a few elite traits to go top 15 as a wing

Imagine if Khal Drogo opened a Melbourne laneway hipster coffee shop

So not a $problem to match Grundy's contract; it just depends on Grundy abandoning his hipster Melbourne life style, where last year he said no (to Port).

Next year is the draft year where we can go the Full Monty for father son selections.So, we should trade out next first rounder this year.

Where we have a pair of running half-backs cousins, Ky & Rome Burgoyne; as we all know Ky is also aligned with Hawthorn.
Other father/sons for us to consider in 2024 include Louie Montgomery and Oliver Franco.

Ben Franco, who is considered an in-and-under player and a very good runner faster than his brother, is the year after, the 2025 draft.

So not a $problem to match Grundy's contract; it just depends on Grundy abandoning his hipster Melbourne life style, where last year he said no (to Port).

Next year is the draft year where we can go the Full Monty for father son selections.So, we should trade out next first rounder this year.

Where we have a pair of running half-backs cousins, Ky & Rome Burgoyne; as we all know Ky is also aligned with Hawthorn.
Other father/sons for us to consider in 2024 include Louie Montgomery and Oliver Franco.

Ben Franco, who is considered an in-and-under player and a very good runner faster than his brother, is the year after, the 2025 draft.

Oops, I forgot in the year 2025 I want to be alive (to see if we jag a KPP son of).

Tall defender Gill, the son of Darryl Wakelin has a choice of us and the Saints.
Where living in Adelaide and playing for Sturt could give us the home advantage.

Haven't followed it too closely but from what I'd gathered none of those potential F/S look a certainty to be drafted at this stage right?

Haven't followed it too closely but from what I'd gathered none of those potential F/S look a certainty to be drafted at this stage right?
Cannot see us giving up picks for all four, where Rome has always been regarded as the best footballer of Peter's sons.
I reckon some will not be drafted and therefore we could rookie list some of 'em.

None of them are high enough rated to move our first round pick for

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back