List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

With Clurey set to stay, I hope we draft/trade in 0 defenders this off-season.

Trade in Luko and Richards, then go to the draft and get an inside mid, winger and ruck.
Barrett and Burgoyne will be coming in too
At the moment our senior list is looking like
In: Luko, Richards, Pick 13 (Or whatever pick we get), Soldo Pick, Barrett, Burgoyne
Out: Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum, Houston, Soldo, Kyle Marshall, Evans

Barrett and Burgoyne will be coming in too
At the moment our senior list is looking like
In: Luko, Richards, Pick 13 (Or whatever pick we get), Soldo Pick, Barrett, Burgoyne
Out: Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum, Houston, Soldo, Kyle Marshall, Evans
I reckon Narkle will be delisted too to allow one more draft pick, especially if we end up with two second round selections. I also wouldn’t be against us moving on Charleson even if in contract to allow space on the list for one of Montgomery or Francou.

We should really be looking at Gary Rohan, Membrey and Stringer. We need more weapons and we are in a very good window to win a flag

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disagree: After the JHF & Riolii trades we should put up a statue of our list Boss, it is the one area Port rock well above our weight.
Our list bosses have had a lot of hits, but also a lot of misses. Their style is definitely not immune from criticism, and many focus too deeply on the good deals and ignore the losses. We treat draft pick currency far too flimsly in particular.

davies et al and the club has been trying to trade for Ken, everything done for Ken; trading future 1sts, trading away 1st for seconds for esava, soldo, no first rounders since sinn

when its obvious the list should have been built on drafting talent whose age profile fits our blue chippers who are 24 and under.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would do 13, 23,29 and Richard’s for Houston plus late picks going back.

In that case it would be 23 and 29 substituting for a 1st round pick, and I think that’s fair.
I agree, but we'd want to delist a fair few currently listed players to be able to use all of pick 13, 23, 29 and 36 in this main draft before taking Barrett, Burgoyne etc.

What then for Lukosius? Future first rounder next year with GC's F2R given back?

What then for Soldo? St Kilda future 2R?

I agree, but we'd want to delist a fair few currently listed players to be able to use all of pick 13, 23, 29 and 36 in this main draft before taking Barrett, Burgoyne etc.

What then for Lukosius? Future first rounder next year with GC's F2R given back?

What then for Soldo? St Kilda future 2R?
F Evans, Scully and K Marshall still likely to be delisted. Houston, Soldo, Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum gone.

That's a fair few openings.

I would take 13, 23 and Richards for Houston. Obviously would prefer higher picks but I feel like if we want to get back in to top 30, get the deal done, and not have this carry on into next year, we just do it. It's not the best, but not terrible either.

Also 23 could be ontraded for Luko
I would rather Collingwoods
We should really be looking at Gary Rohan, Membrey and Stringer. We need more weapons and we are in a very good window to win a flag

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

davies et al and the club has been trying to trade for Ken, everything done for Ken; trading future 1sts, trading away 1st for seconds for esava, soldo, no first rounders since sinn

when its obvious the list should have been built on drafting talent whose age profile fits our blue chippers who are 24 and under.
And we also traded up to Sinn, forget what we have away. Pretty sure we done a pick swap to get up the order to get Tommy A last year also, don’t think anyone was gonna pick him before our original pick.

If we have a surplus of picks there’s always the option of relegating Charleson and potentially even clurey to the rookie list. Then again our rookie list is pretty full as well with the only out of contract player on there being Narkle.

The other thing to consider with getting these other F2 and even 2024 second rounders in is bundling them up to other clubs who either need points, or to your Richmonds and Gold Coasts who want to spread picks over multiple years.

Evans is still youngish and Narkle has been influential in a few of our wins, I'm not sure if we should delist them
Narkle is 26 and a fringe player at best, especially with SPP returning next year. Players who haven't established themselves by age 26 and who don't play a key position role are always going to be on the chopping block. Evans is 23 also and hasn't established himself despite plenty of opportunity. If we are serious about improving these are the players we move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back