List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="True__Believer" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
It's a shame Williams can't get it right, he is an excellent kick and would be our most like for like replacement for Houston. That being said, if he does the work that spot there is up for grabs. Let's see how bad he wants it

That’s ship has sailed I reckon, how much incentive does a guy need when you’re on an awesome pay packet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Like anyone I hope Williams puts in and earns a spot in the A team next year. But past form is indicative of future form and if he does manage to put in a good A team effort in his contract year I'd be trading the hell out of him while he has value.

A few young players are going with Port physios to the US for additional fitness work. Lachie Jones is one, he mentioned in his contract extension press conference.

They're going to Madison, Wisconsin so separate from Boak.

Saw on 7 news that Jason Horne-Francis is also going on this trip

All clubs have fringe player like McEntee et-al. But the top clubs have one playing as a fill-in for injury, whereas Port play FOUR of them as first-choice 22 players! Then KEEP playing them despite obvious flaws and consistent failures.

Mind-boggling!

The hate piled on McEntee is undeserved, in the sense that it is really not his fault that he is selected. It is a backlash on Hinkley and the selectors.

We weren’t exactly stacked with small forward options. And we had SPP out all season and Rioli went on his usual mid year hiatus.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t understand the Mead hate by some. Has only played 44 games. Has come off a horrific injury to his spleen. Yes, he is likely an average midfielder in the AFL, maybe slightly above. You are not going to have a team of all elite midfielders unless we are demolishing teams week in, week out. I think he will improve as he gets more experience.

in 2024 he played all 26 games and did start to look tired towards the end of the year. Maybe should have rested him at some point.

Don’t understand the Mead hate by some. Has only played 44 games. Has come off a horrific injury to his spleen. Yes, he is likely an average midfielder in the AFL, maybe slightly above. You are not going to have a team of all elite midfielders unless we are demolishing teams week in, week out. I think he will improve as he gets more experience.

in 2024 he played all 26 games and did start to look tired towards the end of the year. Maybe should have rested him at some point.
I can't remember the spleen injury but Port definitely need to start resting players during the season. JHF talking of being 'banged up' at the end of the season needs to be addressed somehow ... perhaps this is the norm.

JHF talking about a group of the young players going to Wisconsin for training and rehab advice specifically spoke about how banged up some of them were by the finals. One of the things they are looking at is better management of their health and fitness leading into finals.

JHF talking about a group of the young players going to Wisconsin for training and rehab advice specifically spoke about how banged up some of them were by the finals. One of the things they are looking at is better management of their health and fitness leading into finals.
Wasn't that one of Hinkley's learnings™ from 2023?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really need to follow the Geelong model and rest players through the season
Nah. Geelong’s First XXIII was stacked with 30+ yos: Dangerfield, Stanley, Blicavs, Duncan, Guthrie, Stewart, Cameron, Bews, Hawkins, Rohan, Tuohy.

Currently, only two of our First XXIII for 2025 are 30+ = Aliir, Wines. I don’t count Boak, Soldo, Atkins as 2025 best XXIII.

Ken claimed we had the youngest team in the finals. Don’t know if that’s true but it would be close. This is the second finals campaign in a row in which we have limped to the line. However, the solution is not resting 20 yos, it’s toughening the f@#$ up. That happens naturally as players go from early 20’s to late 20’s. Organic growth.

I see the coaching dept philosophy has filtered through to the strength and conditioning/fitness dept. Not only do the players need to coach themselves, they need to organise their own fitness regime. Name one thing that Chris Davies does well at Port Adelaide. Not *ing one.

Nah. Geelong’s First XXIII was stacked with 30+ yos: Dangerfield, Stanley, Blicavs, Duncan, Guthrie, Stewart, Cameron, Bews, Hawkins, Rohan, Tuohy.

Currently, only two of our First XXIII for 2025 are 30+ = Aliir, Wines. I don’t count Boak, Soldo, Atkins as 2025 best XXIII.

Ken claimed we had the youngest team in the finals. Don’t know if that’s true but it would be close. This is the second finals campaign in a row in which we have limped to the line. However, the solution is not resting 20 yos, it’s toughening the f@#$ up. That happens naturally as players go from early 20’s to late 20’s. Organic growth.
True but there is a line we've crossed a few times by playing guys injured versus general soreness.

We haven't been good at timing our run over the last few years.

We have only a couple of First XXIII players we need to think about replacing in a few years: Aliir (30), Wines (30) and Rioli (29).

The question I have is, do we really need a big bodied midfielder to replace Wines? Neither Brisbane nor Sydney had one in 2024. Our midfield in 2004 (James, Burgoyne, Carr, Kornes) didn’t have one.

You certainly need some toughness but we have JHF, Drew and Butters who fit this bill. Sure, if you can jag an Oliver, Bontempelli, Petracca or Cripps- go for it, but to my mind you simply look for class and toughness in the midfield and we are already stacked there.

Our priority ought to be (a) a classy goal kicking small forward (preferably one who can play in 2025) and a tall defender for the future.

Isn't that the lesson we said we learnt after last year?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't that the lesson we said we learnt after last year?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's right and that's why we rotated so many young players through the team in the last 8 weeks before finals.

Samuel L Jackson What GIF by Coming to America

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back