List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If exit interviews had mostly been completed I thought we may have heard something by now.

Still expecting...

Ben McEvoy - Retired
Kyle Hartigan - Delisted/retired
Liam Shiels - Free agent to North Melbourne
Dan Howe - delisted
Jackson Callow - Delisted

Trade?
Tom Mitchell
Jack Gunston (or to free agency)
Tyler Brockman (Homesick? Hopefully not)
Jaeger O'Meara/Chad Wingard (less likely)

If exit interviews had mostly been completed I thought we may have heard something by now.

Still expecting...

Ben McEvoy - Retired
Dan Howe - delisted

Trade?
Tom Mitchell
Clarkson loved Howe, could see him at the roos as well.

Still expecting...

Ben McEvoy - Retired
Dan Howe - delisted

Trade?
Tom Mitchell
Wouldnt think we would hear anything till Box Hill finals are done

Still expecting...

Ben McEvoy - Retired
Dan Howe - delisted

Trade?
Tom Mitchell
Good summary, think there’s a couple more in doubt and for mine Mitchell ends up at North as well. My concern is Gunston, should be moving the world to keep him. We can’t afford the class drain.

Not sure - but they weren't posters I would doubt. I think the insinuation was that Tom didn't enjoy playing under Clarko's gameplan.
which is interesting, because under Clarko he was the clear #1 mid, won 3 PCMs and a brownlow in that time

he's moved into a secondary role under Sam yet has, from all reports, much preferred it

so I'm not convinced he actually wants to leave so he can be the big dog or move to a premiership contender. I'd guess he's open to a move, if it's mutually beneficial. Otherwise totally happy to stay. But again, that's total speculation on my part based on what others have said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still expecting...

Ben McEvoy - Retired
Dan Howe - delisted
While I agree with this list it still leaves us with 32 main and eight rookies.

If we are getting Karl Amon then take Jerome Lawrence as a F/S that leaves only pick 6 as live.
Blanck, Bramble and Newcombe should be promoted to the main list.

Is Jeka a rookie? I've assumed that he is on the main list but a quick check , can't find anything to say so.

While I agree with this list it still leaves us with 32 main and eight rookies.

If we are getting Karl Amon then take Jerome Lawrence as a F/S that leaves only pick 6 as live.
Blanck, Bramble and Newcombe should be promoted to the main list.

Is Jeka a rookie? I've assumed that he is on the main list but a quick check , can't find anything to say so.
Jerome Lawrence wont be going anywhere near the first 3 rounds.

Surely Tom Phillips is gone as he was stuck playing for box hill.

Phillips
Mcevoy
Hartigan
Howe
Shiels
Callow
Brockman (If Homesick)
Mitchell (Trade)

Bring in Amon & another rumored free agent.

Draft four & leave two spots one for the midseason draft another for the preseason supplemental period.

Surely Tom Phillips is gone as he was stuck playing for box hill.

Phillips
Mcevoy
Hartigan
Howe
Shiels
Callow
Brockman (If Homesick)
Mitchell (Trade)

Bring in Amon & another rumored free agent.

Draft four & leave two spots one for the midseason draft another for the preseason supplemental period.

Phillips finds himself in the same boat as Howe this time last year. He will be told to explore his options during the trade period. If there are no takers he then likely signs a one year deal. With Mitchell, Shiels and Howe all likely to leave there would be no experienced midfielders on the list outside the best 22.

Last edited:
Phillips finds himself in the same boat as Howe this time last year. He will be told to explore his options during the trade period. If there are no takers he then he likely signs a one year deal. With Mitchell, Shiels and Howe all likely to leave there would be no experienced midfielders on the list outside the best 22.
Exactly how I see it.

(Which, per se, makes your post extremely insightful and perceptive)

how is Mitchell leaving ???.....im happy for a good trade but where's this coming from
Well, Howe is almost definitely leaving.
Shiels is very likely leaving
Mitchell IS a possibility of leaving.

Last edited:
Phillips finds himself in the same boat as Howe this time last year. He will be told to explore his options during the trade period. If there are no takers he then likely signs a one year deal. With Mitchell, Shiels and Howe all likely to leave there would be no experienced midfielders on the list outside the best 22.
I see Phillips and worpel as our midfield depth at this stage (assuming shiels, howe, Mitchell go).

Phillips can play inside as well as wing so is a bit of a utility. And both worpel/Phillips can be counted as experienced (worpel has played 79 games and will be in his 6th season and Phillips 115 and even longer in afl system).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back