List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucky lost credit when he said Blake Hardwick was a C grade player. It’s amazing he still doesn’t get the credit he deserves
Buckenara is the Chris Pelchen of Kevin Sheehans.

Bucky jumped the shark a long time ago.
It’s sad, that we only have a handful of ex-recruiting types who do this sort of review and list breakdown, and they’re all pretty cooked.

Just wait for the trade radio guys to air every one of Rendells bad takes.

The section of the article which Hawked Wings is talking about.​

Hardwick should at least be a B.​

------------------------------------------------------------​

HOW THE RATINGS WOR

At a club level, player ranking is generally based on gradings of A+, A, B+, B, C+, C and the developing players.

My rankings will focus on A, B, C and for the developing 20-year-old and under players will be rated as rising stars (RS) and those that need more time (NMT).

With the younger players, it is important to consider who is coming through and those who need longer to develop.

The most important areas for clubs to look at is how many A and B ranked players they have as well as the rising stars, who I believe should be A and B-grade players in the future.

A

Tom Mitchell, 29, 182cm, 83kg

James Sicily, 27, 186cm, 87kg

B

Mitch Lewis, 23, 198cm, 100kg

Jarman Impey, 26, 178cm, 81kg

Changkuoth Jiath, 22, 185cm, 80kg

Jaeger O’Meara, 28, 183cm, 83kg

Will Day, 21, 189cm, 79kg

Dylan Moore, 22, 178cm, 76kg

Jack Scrimshaw, 23, 193cm, 89kg

Jack Gunston, 30, 193cm, 86kg

Chad Wingard, 28, 183cm, 82kg

Luke Breust, 31, 184cm, 83kg

Finn Maginness, 21, 189cm, 84kg

Ned Reeves, 23, 209cm, 104kg

C

Harry Morrison, 23, 183cm, 81kg

James Worpel, 23, 186cm, 88kg

Sam Frost, 28, 194cm, 94kg

Conor Nash, 23, 197cm, 94kg

Blake Hardwick, 25, 182cm, 81kg

Lachlan Bramble R, 24, 181cm, 80kg

Max Lynch, 23, 200cm, 100kg

Jacob Koschitzke, 21, 196cm, 96kg

Liam Shiels, 31, 183cm, 84kg

Kyle Hartigan, 30, 194cm, 101kg

James Blanck R, 21, 195cm, 95kg

Developing (20 years and under)

Rising stars

Denver Grainger-Barras, 20, 195cm, 85kg

Josh Ward, 18, 183cm, 77kg

Connor MacDonald, 19, 185cm, 83kg

Jai Newcombe, 20, 186cm, 89kg

Needs more time

Ned Long R, 19, 194cm, 92kg

Jai Serong, 19, 193cm, 82kg

Sam Butler, 19, 184cm, 73kg

Tyler Brockman, 19, 181cm, 80kg

Fionn O’Hara R, 20, 186cm, 81kg

Josh Morris, 20, 186cm, 80kg

Max Ramsden R, 19, 203cm, 86kg

Emerson Jeka, 20, 197cm, 93kg

Seamus Mitchell, 19, 181cm, 79kg

Jack Saunders R, 20, 180cm, 76kg

Retired: Ben McEvoy

Delisted: Tom Phillips, Connor Downie, Daniel Howe, Jackson Callow

LIST BREAKDOWN

A-Grade: 2

B-Grade: 12

C-grade: 11

Developing (20 years and under)

Rising Stars:

Needs more time: 10
This is like the work I use to do at uni when I never read the assignment or bothered to check anything 😂

Just get it out and pencil in that pass

Bucky thinks we can play finals next year, but then he also said that the return of Impey from injury was a big plus, that Hardwick is a C grader and that North need Tom Mitchell….

It’s hard not to think that he’s actually just passed his Herald Sun login to a Bigfooty nuffie at some point, who’s writing this stuff for him.

Bucky was removed from his Supercoach duties a few years ago when he posted his team just before the start of the season. It included about 9 rookies who weren't going to be playing and a bunch of mid-pricers. His explanation was that he based it entirely on rating their talent and nothing else. That isn't the way you play the game. He's completely lost it. Nobody should take his current list analysis seriously.

I remember years ago when the Footy Show was still being somewhat watched by people and I heard Newman outwardly confess that he didn't watch games any more - despite this he got to have a weekly say about it on a nationally broadcast TV show. I think he was at least being honest - the amount of media types who clearly only watch a handful of games and barely any of them at the actual ground. Yet they are all paid for their take and it is digested by the footy watching public as absolute gospel. Every talking head should have to publicly list which games they have actually watched each round - and whether it was on TV or at the game and how much piss they have consumed during the viewing.

Last edited:
It’s sad, that we only have a handful of ex-recruiting types who do this sort of review and list breakdown, and they’re all pretty cooked.

Just wait for the trade radio guys to air every one of Rendells bad takes.
It's funny, the only ex recruiting person they had on any form of trade radio that spoke any sense was SOS.

I remember years ago when the Footy Show was still being somewhat watched by people and I heard Newman outwardly confess that he didn't watch games any more - despite this he got to have a weekly say about it on a nationally broadcast TV show. I think he was at least being honest - the amount of media types who clearly only watch a handful of games and barely any of them at the actual ground. Yet they are all paid for their take and it is digested by the footy watching public as absolute gospel. Every talking head should have to publicly list which games they have actually watched each round - and whether it was on TV or at the game and how much piss they have consumed during the viewing.
I want to agree but with a little more elaboration. You have raised a big issue. I think the body of public opinion in Australia, previously know as the AFL, needs to step in quick smart. Clearly we need the AFL issuing talking head licenses for all boofheads. Further I can imagine the AFL website having a log in monitoring page for members so they can monitor them in real time. Soon we could be living in a world where Cornes, Robbo, Derm, Scooter, quiche eater et al will all be under constant surveillance.

However on reflection not watching the games and having an opinion should also been seen as a value. Like beauty in Ancient Greece, we need to value imagining what you saw without seeing it. Now this different category of talking heads could be called the Oracles. Again we need licensing of Oracles. Never again will the football public get confused between Boofheads and Oracles. And to prevent this confusion and return to the dark ages that we live in now, we need talking heads to carry the nomenclature in all public comms. So imagine K Cornes, BH and G Wakefield, O.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to agree but with a little more elaboration. You have raised a big issue. I think the body of public opinion in Australia, previously know as the AFL, needs to step in quick smart. Clearly we need the AFL issuing talking head licenses for all boofheads. Further I can imagine the AFL website having a log in monitoring page for members so they can monitor them in real time. Soon we could be living in a world where Cornes, Robbo, Derm, Scooter, quiche eater et al will all be under constant surveillance.

However on reflection not watching the games and having an opinion should also been seen as a value. Like beauty in Ancient Greece, we need to value imagining what you saw without seeing it. Now this different category of talking heads could be called the Oracles. Again we need licensing of Oracles. Never again will the football public get confused between Boofheads and Oracles. And to prevent this confusion and return to the dark ages that we live in now, we need talking heads to carry the nomenclature in all public comms. So imagine K Cornes, BH and G Wakefield, O.
Friend of mine who worked at Fox Footy told me that the analysis in 2014 which was presented by King / Lyon during the week was actually undertaken at the time by Dave Dunbar (ex-Melb and then subsequent Brisbane coach/scout/analyst).

So the presenters looked clever because the professional analyst gave them all the vision and analysis to regurgitate.

Friend of mine who worked at Fox Footy told me that the analysis in 2014 which was presented by King / Lyon during the week was actually undertaken at the time by Dave Dunbar (ex-Melb and then subsequent Brisbane coach/scout/analyst).

So the presenters looked clever because the professional analyst gave them all the vision and analysis to regurgitate.
This occurs all the time. Even during games all the special comments dudes on tv have earpieces with producers in the background feeding them stats and analysis throughout the game.

This occurs all the time. Even during games all the special comments dudes on tv have earpieces with producers in the background feeding them stats and analysis throughout the game.

Except with Bruce - he was pulling that stuff out of his encyclopaedic brain.

Match day stats in real time makes sense.

However to present on a Tuesday / Wednesday night vision from the previous weekend’s game(s) and saying “this is what I saw” when it’s not your actual analysis is totally different, and misleading.

Gives the viewer a sense that the TV footy expert…..is actual an expert who does the analysis and makes the argument / point.

Reality is very different, they’re merely a face / mouthpiece, with the actual footy intel coming from a back room expert who is never acknowledged.

Except with Bruce - he was pulling that stuff out of his encyclopaedic brain.
Imagine if they had a guy with a thesaurus feeding words to Bruce for Cyril.....

Yummy
Delectable
Scrumptious
Luscious

DELICIOUS!

Maynard is an absolute jet.
Maynard is a jet no doubt but for me so is Hardwick ……… been consistent for a few years now and is very underrated unlike Maynard who is deservedly being recognised by the footy world. Could be wrong and probably wearing my brown and gold glasses 🤓😀

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back