List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell would Champion Data or the Herald Sun manipulate stats in Hawthorn’s favor?

You think the coaches are being completely honest when they write a paragraph for the club to publish publicly? Wtf.

View attachment 1499088
Statts do not collect the full picture.

The press have there own agenda, to twist storeys to sell papers. Just look at the recent Dustin Martin scandle, seriously 5 years ago at a strip club were told. If the young lady was happy, no concerns here. Simpy nature at play in the right enviroment.

The media and HFC do not let us the fans / public in on the clubs full plans. Hell we do not even get told after the fact.

Still plenty of new storeys coming from our 3peat days.

One can only balance it out with the reports were given and what we seen with our own eyes.

I understand why we drafted Hartigan at the time, but its time to free up his spot on the list for our new generation.

I am not a list manager and don’t pretend to be but I know Hartigan won’t get a game next year. Frost is back up. Even Jeka was and will be used as a key defender before Hartigan. If we get injuries to key defenders next year we can always get one in the mid season draft like Blanck this year.
If he does stay on the list he really needs to drop some weight - been playing a bit too heavy last two seasons

The press have there own agenda, to twist storeys to sell papers. Just look at the recent Dustin Martin scandle, seriously 5 years ago at a strip club were told. If the young lady was happy, no concerns here. Simpy nature at play in the right enviroment.

The media and HFC do not let us the fans / public in on the clubs full plans. Hell we do not even get told after the fact.

One can only balance it out with the reports were given and what we seen with our own eyes.

I understand why we drafted Hartigan at the time, but its time to free up his spot on the list for our new generation.
This meandering post about everything from Martin to the 3peat makes almost zero sense.

Fact: Hawthorn were rated the 5th best side in 2021 for not conceding scores from inside 50. Hartigan was a part of that side.

Anyone who wants to pretend like he was some sort of diabolical cluster**** who had bags of goals kicked on him, or was not worth of a FA contract is talking nonsense.

Not even sure why everyone cares so much about a player that Sam decided was backup only, and who doesn't have a contract for next year.

This meandering post about everything from Martin to the 3peat makes almost zero sense.

Fact: Hawthorn were rated the 5th best side in 2021 for not conceding scores from inside 50. Hartigan was a part of that side.

Anyone who wants to pretend like he was some sort of diabolical cluster* who had bags of goals kicked on him, or was not worth of a FA contract is talking nonsense.

Not even sure why everyone cares so much about a player that Sam decided was backup only, and who doesn't have a contract fro next year.

No issues with Hartigan, but we rolled an extra number back all of 2021.

Last year sucked balls watching our gamestyle.

Anyone who wants to pretend like he was some sort of diabolical cluster* who had bags of goals kicked on him, or was not worth of a FA contract is talking nonsense.

Not even sure why everyone cares so much about a player that Sam decided was backup only, and who doesn't have a contract fro next year.
Oh dear! Struggling with another whom dissagrees with you i see. An i agree with you on most things btw.

My post simply answered your questions.

Hartigan isnt a part of our future, and 2022 he played 3 games? That in it self speaks enough. A bit like all the posters who thought phillips was safe after his post.

Anyway enough of Hartigan, bring on some real Hawk news. We need another good news announcement.

Statts can be manipulated mate, an do not always show the full picture. An beside a year makes a big difference especially in your 30's.

Some would rate coaches in the know over some app also.
So why would you take what Harvey (a coach in the know) had to say as gospel?

Based on his comments about Phillips - he was going to play on in 2023 wasn’t he?

Fact is pretty much everything the club posts publicly in respect to player assessment is heavily slanted in favour of any positives.

The real conversations happen behind closed doors and…..often come as a shock.

So why would you take what Harvey (a coach in the know) had to say as gospel?

Based on his comments about Phillips - he was going to play on in 2023 wasn’t he?

Fact is pretty much everything the club posts publicly in respect to player assessment is heavily slanted in favour of any positives.

The real conversations happen behind closed doors and…..often come as a shock.

Still doubling down here despite being so snide and so wrong last night?

Oh dear! Struggling with another whom dissagrees with you i see. An i agree with you on most things btw.

My post simply answered your questions.

Hartigan isnt a part of our future, and 2022 he played 3 games? That in it self speaks enough. A bit like all the posters who thought phillips was safe after his post.

Anyway enough of Hartigan, bring on some real Hawk news. We need another good news announcement.
Hartigans retired I believe. Was certainly told 6 weeks prior to the last game this season would be his last with us.

It's an interesting watch. Staggered the club didn't announce that with the list changes then. Something seems up.
I was tuning in out of last weeks VFL final and he looked like an old man rummaging around on his knees looking for his contact lenses half the time. Talk about hitting the cliff on your career.

It's an interesting watch. Staggered the club didn't announce that with the list changes then. Something seems up.

Might be letting him announce the retirement on his terms as opposed to saying he was delisted. Potentially he wanted Pup's retirement last week to get the focus.

The Big Lebowski Movie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Might be negotiating the terms of his retirement and post-season career through the vagaries of a FA contract which contains a trigger clause. You have to think if we don't extend him and then turn around and pay him to play and coach at box hill, it might look like we are circumventing the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The section of the article which Hawked Wings is talking about.​

Hardwick should at least be a B.​

------------------------------------------------------------​

HOW THE RATINGS WOR

At a club level, player ranking is generally based on gradings of A+, A, B+, B, C+, C and the developing players.

My rankings will focus on A, B, C and for the developing 20-year-old and under players will be rated as rising stars (RS) and those that need more time (NMT).

With the younger players, it is important to consider who is coming through and those who need longer to develop.

The most important areas for clubs to look at is how many A and B ranked players they have as well as the rising stars, who I believe should be A and B-grade players in the future.

A

Tom Mitchell, 29, 182cm, 83kg

James Sicily, 27, 186cm, 87kg

B

Mitch Lewis, 23, 198cm, 100kg

Jarman Impey, 26, 178cm, 81kg

Changkuoth Jiath, 22, 185cm, 80kg

Jaeger O’Meara, 28, 183cm, 83kg

Will Day, 21, 189cm, 79kg

Dylan Moore, 22, 178cm, 76kg

Jack Scrimshaw, 23, 193cm, 89kg

Jack Gunston, 30, 193cm, 86kg

Chad Wingard, 28, 183cm, 82kg

Luke Breust, 31, 184cm, 83kg

Finn Maginness, 21, 189cm, 84kg

Ned Reeves, 23, 209cm, 104kg

C

Harry Morrison, 23, 183cm, 81kg

James Worpel, 23, 186cm, 88kg

Sam Frost, 28, 194cm, 94kg

Conor Nash, 23, 197cm, 94kg

Blake Hardwick, 25, 182cm, 81kg

Lachlan Bramble R, 24, 181cm, 80kg

Max Lynch, 23, 200cm, 100kg

Jacob Koschitzke, 21, 196cm, 96kg

Liam Shiels, 31, 183cm, 84kg

Kyle Hartigan, 30, 194cm, 101kg

James Blanck R, 21, 195cm, 95kg

Developing (20 years and under)

Rising stars

Denver Grainger-Barras, 20, 195cm, 85kg

Josh Ward, 18, 183cm, 77kg

Connor MacDonald, 19, 185cm, 83kg

Jai Newcombe, 20, 186cm, 89kg

Needs more time

Ned Long R, 19, 194cm, 92kg

Jai Serong, 19, 193cm, 82kg

Sam Butler, 19, 184cm, 73kg

Tyler Brockman, 19, 181cm, 80kg

Fionn O’Hara R, 20, 186cm, 81kg

Josh Morris, 20, 186cm, 80kg

Max Ramsden R, 19, 203cm, 86kg

Emerson Jeka, 20, 197cm, 93kg

Seamus Mitchell, 19, 181cm, 79kg

Jack Saunders R, 20, 180cm, 76kg

Retired: Ben McEvoy

Delisted: Tom Phillips, Connor Downie, Daniel Howe, Jackson Callow

LIST BREAKDOWN

A-Grade: 2

B-Grade: 12

C-grade: 11

Developing (20 years and under)

Rising Stars:

Needs more time: 10

Bucky thinks we can play finals next year, but then he also said that the return of Impey from injury was a big plus, that Hardwick is a C grader and that North need Tom Mitchell….

It’s hard not to think that he’s actually just passed his Herald Sun login to a Bigfooty nuffie at some point, who’s writing this stuff for him.

Buckenera was Rendell before Rendell somehow found a microphone with SEN.

I've found it sad reading anything from Bucky for years now.

He's had a tough run so it's good that he's being asked to provide some paid analysis, but its been cringeworthy for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back