List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would want to get him in now, right - give him a couple of shots at it & not just a hit/miss look at him*?

*unless we're keeping him next year regardless, then just 1 game might be fine.
yep. Couple of games at AFL overdue for Saundo. Has assets those in the current side don't have that would be better used at AFL than VFL so hope we get to see it

With all our outs this week - you'd have to imagine Phillips not getting a call up means his papers are well and truly stamped. Dare say Shiels might get a farewell game vs Richmond and that'll be his time with us done also.
Saunders another. Can’t even crack emergency list.

At same time the gaps are in kpp etc not inside mids/wings so Phillips may not be in as much trouble as it looks like.

Phillips might be saved if we want depth.

Howe is on 95 games. I hope we don't lose another Noah Anderson.

You hope that by then someone at the afl is employed with a brain that understands the rule was to continue the family legacy at the same club for those who achieved at that club and 100 games as an arbitrary measurement of achievement is about the dumbest thing ever seen. Except the ruck nomination rule of course. How premierships medals etc aren’t criteria is absolutely baffling imagine our midfield with Noah Anderson. That’s shameful.

Newsflash Herald Sun 2045
“Hawthorn have rookie listed 50 year olds Dan Howe and Tim O’Brien to add experience to their rebuilding side after winning the last 5 flags. In unrelated news their respective 10 children are expected to be top 10 selections in the next 3 drafts.”

At same time the gaps are in kpp etc not inside mids/wings so Phillips may not be in as much trouble as it looks like.

Depends on other List activity, I am told.

Emergency’s mean nothing bud! Giving them to older guys in case of a last minute need of 2 travelig emergencys… need the young kids to play! Saunders is super close to a debute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't giving him another season and then gifting him another 5 games - just in case he has a kid, and the kid turns out to be decent at football.
Bookmarked for 2-3 decades from now. Jeez won't your face be red!

I'm still not convinced yet. He missed most of the season after ankle surgery. If he had played a full VFL season with this limited AFL exposure I may tend to agree.

He's in the age demographic Sam Mitchell has already gone on record of saying we need more depth in. Letting all 3 of Howe, Phillips and Shiels instantly creates a bigger leadership void and guts our wing depth.

I feel as though we may retain at least one and Phillips is the most likely considering he is generally more consistent than Howe at AFL level.
Shiels is the only one with leadership skills. Give him a 1 year contract.

Cut Phillips (kicking) and Howe ( lack of awareness) they both have been aroind long enough to improve.

Lol the obsession with players’ kids is weird. People talk about them as though they are guaranteed footballers.
I reckon Hawks fans understand pretty well that no-one is guaranteed of making it. Tucks, Langfords, etc. They just don't want to miss out on an Anderson or Daicos.

We aren't giving him another season and then gifting him another 5 games - just in case he has a kid, and the kid turns out to be decent at football.
Club missed an opportunity here. Howe makes for a good sub. Should have sat him on the bench for 5 games.

I reckon Hawks fans understand pretty well that no-one is guaranteed of making it. Tucks, Langfords, etc. They just don't want to miss out on an Anderson or Daicos.
Seen people post here that they don’t want Brisbane to have success because Hodge’s children might enjoy it. Weird stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back