Long season ahead tigerheads....

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the pessimists here already? You're mighty early, had you guys pencilled in Round 3.

Do yourself a favour and avoid watching a replay of that game today if you didn't see it, you will end taking to yourself with a blunt pocket knife:thumbsu:

Do yourself a favour and avoid watching a replay of that game today if you didn't see it, you will end taking to yourself with a blunt pocket knife:thumbsu:
Saw it, didn't really care much, was happy jack got through unscathed.

We did look a bit uninterested, but waht do you expect, meaningless practice game, where we did not want ANY players injured so we can play a full-strength squad against Carlton.

We did look a bit uninterested, but waht do you expect, meaningless practice game, where we did not want ANY players injured so we can play a full-strength squad against Carlton.

As I said in the other game thread...this is what I hope what happening....but this then assumes the Crows in the same PRACTICE game were going 100%!

We aren't going to magically turn this form around for Round 1. I bloody hope we do, but it doesn't look good for Round 1.

Don't know if I can handle that again??? What does that mean? Your life will end if a side that finished 2nd bottom gets pantsed by a team that finished in the finals the last 2 years running.... I'd be more concerned if we'd being smacked by Brissy. (OMG, that happened to Melb.... are they now doomed??)

At the risk of sounding indifferent....

a) who gives a shit... it was a praccy match
b) 2011 was never going to be a brilliant year and anyone who thought different smokes too much crack or believes more than half the crap that gets written on here...
c) We will still get smacked from time to time because we don't have a very good team (advanced concept that one)
d) the road to a flag will not necessarily be 15th, 11th, 6th, 3rd, flag... it could be 15th, 14th, 8th and so on or even 15th, 17th....

Everyone is telling the Bombers to keep a lid on it, maybe we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet...

Fair call Partycorolla. I'm not panicking just yet. I'm glad a few others are'nt either. My reason is stated above.

I agree with most of the things you mentioned but why pick almost a best 22 if your not going to have any sort of crack. We may as well have fielded the team we put on the park in NAB Cup round one along with guys like Jack just to give them a run.

Meh.

I went to the Rich/Carl/Coll game. I watched the majority of the Port game. I watched the first quarter of the Hawks game. I watched 30 seconds of the Crows game.

Until we fail this hard in the real season then it doesn't mean a thing to me. Happy for them to take it easy, avoid injury and save it for the big time.

Yeah, it's disappointing that we're losing/not looking interested/important players not standing up...but I'd prefer being disappointed now and impressed during the real season than the other way around.

I'm going to the season opener again for the 3rd or 4th year in a row now. If we get smacked again and I have to walk through all the Carl**** flogs giving me shit I don't know if I can ever forgive the club. :p

I agree with most of the things you mentioned but why pick almost a best 22 if your not going to have any sort of crack. We may as well have fielded the team we put on the park in NAB Cup round one along with guys like Jack just to give them a run.

you pick that best 22 for 2 reasons. so they can play together and get a feel for the way the other players will play in the actual season.

we also need to get time into players legs before the actual season. aka match fitness.

and a bit or a reason why we might not be doing so well, deledio and newman look underdone, and foley has shown his can still produce his best but still needs more time on ground to improve his match conditioning. there is more than just these two players that look underdone but they are the first to come to mind. cotchin was being rested.

its also good to hear that grigg was named in our best along with post who kicked 2 and riewoldt also kicked 2. vickery seem to work well in the forward line with riewoldt. (according to that richmond chat box guy) :thumbsu:

Don't care about the result, but the crows are a mid tier side with just as many young players as us... We barely looked like scoring today. Everytime they had the ball there would be leads up the ground. Too many times Rivhmond got it and there was noone to kick too.

And ffs, cracked the shits at the start when the crows D50 and had it up at their scoring end, meanwhile Nahas, king, riewolt, Graham and post were all still in there D50 while there were only 2 crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's called PRACTICING!

Newman, Deledio, Jackson, Riewoldt all have had interrupted pre seasons, does it really shock people that we didn't do well?

Newman, Deledio first praccy game for the year Jackson and Deledio didn't play much vs Hawthorn so this was basically there first real practice game where they can get miles into the legs.

A team like Adelaide has depth in just about any area on the park, they can afford to play at a higher level of intensity, last week they belted Fremantle but also copped a few injuries yet they still have depth to cover for players.

Us on the other hand have pretty much 0 depth, we have to be careful on how we manage our more important players such as Newman, Deledio, Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Foley and so on.

The only thing I'm taking away and I suggest others to do from these types of games is just look at the young blokes and who are taking steps forward.

Vickery, Helbig, Batchelor, Post, Conca, Rance and even Astbury who copped a bit of a pasting by Walker today but he is still young and learning.

Don't care about the result, but the crows are a mid tier side with just as many young players as us... We barely looked like scoring today. Everytime they had the ball there would be leads up the ground. Too many times Rivhmond got it and there was noone to kick too.

And ffs, cracked the shits at the start when the crows D50 and had it up at their scoring end, meanwhile Nahas, king, riewolt, Graham and post were all still in there D50 while there were only 2 crows

I dont rate the crows as mid tier just cos thier players are also young. look at thier late 2009 form, that was all their young blokes having an impact, not the older guns that just retired. last year was bad for them, this year they can easily push top 6 maybe even 4 with a good run with injuries.

thier palyers are far more developed than ours, they have multiple good defenders who have shown plenty, a good midfield and a very good forward line in knights walker and tippet.

Yes while its disappointing to lose a practise match that holds no value apart from bragging rights...can i suggest that all the 'chicken littles' stop squaking and take a deep big breath...man its like being a chip surrounded by hungry seagulls...

Like someone has posted....'FFS'..Its the first round and its the first game we at tigerland are preparing for...

Spock and HKTiger in their report from Coburg/Rich V Bendigo/esse Practise game reported that a lot of the richmond players were leg weary,
its a standard AFL practise to run players into the ground a week or so before an important game so that they bounce back fully fit...

Until then...:thumbsu:...

I suppose the croweaters aren't getting too excited over their then, I mean it was only a practice match:rolleyes:

Form and confidence go hand in hand, thus I won't be putting any hard earned on us in round 1.

From Sam Edmund's twitter. Guess Hardwick doesn't think the performance means nothing like some here. :rolleyes:
At least Dimma gets angry when we lose. You just rub your hands together with glee and get on BigFooty.:rolleyes:

The zoning in defence did not work cost the team many goals. Ugly game to watch. Edwards, Jackson, Nahas and White continue to make the same mistakes. They would not get a game elsewhere. I hope none of them play in round 1 they have cost us turnovers and goals. Hardwick needs to fix it now. They have been long enough in the system to rectify their deficiencies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Long season ahead tigerheads....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back