Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge has agreed to make a $5k donation.

Not sure why he bothers as it will never appease the moral crusaders out there who apparently would like Hodge suspended for life.

SG24XL.jpg

Very poor lack of morals from Hawthorn. Suspending him for a week would have shown the community that drink driving is not ok. Sad that this club would put footy ahead of the public good.

Consider it as a lesson in priorities. Or in other words:

76% of fatal accidents involve drivers reading 0.0 BAC. A one off incident doesn't prove a dam thing.

the facts are clear, that low level bac makes little to no difference as far as risk of a crash goes.

That's why most western countries have a 0.08 limit.
Hope you feel ok if you have a loved one in the car with a driver at 0.079 then champ. Prove it to all of us that you are ok with and strap your mother father daughter wife whomever in the car with a driver with that reading then you hero. Scumbag

Very poor lack of morals from Hawthorn. Suspending him for a week would have shown the community that drink driving is not ok. Sad that this club would put footy ahead of the public good.
The fact that he isn't even suspended from driving should be more of a concern to the community than what the clubs reaction is

Hope you feel ok if you have a loved one in the car with a driver at 0.079 then champ. Prove it to all of us that you are ok with and strap your mother father daughter wife whomever in the car with a driver with that reading then you hero. Scumbag
He never said he would be okay with it. He is just providing FACTS. No need to get so emotional.

76% of fatal accidents involve drivers reading 0.0 BAC. A one off incident doesn't prove a dam thing.

the facts are clear, that low level bac makes little to no difference as far as risk of a crash goes.

That's why most western countries have a 0.08 limit.

That statistic would only make your point if 24% of drivers have a BAC of >0.0.

Given that I guarantee you that the number of drivers with alcohol in their system make up far, far less than 24% of drivers - then the statistics are very clear: alcohol is a causative factor in crashes.
There is no denying that.
There is the reason there is a law - and the legal limit is 0.05. (There are arguements that the limit could be either side of that, and P-Platers, at least in WA, have a limit of 0).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He never said he would be okay with it. He is just providing FACTS. No need to get so emotional.
He is absolutley saying he is ok with it. Science says so. Strap them in champ. Film it and prove it. Better yet sometimes it is better not to wear a seatbelt so dont strap them in. And doing burnouts isnt bad, hell go ten kms over the limit too. There are rules for a reason and science proves the chances of crashing increase.

Strange thread opening. Would one say: xxx caught robbing a bank; yyy caught assaulting someone; zzz caught murdering someone? It's like the being caught is the problem, and there is embarrassment abt being caught. A preferred title would be: Hodge leading the charge (to the bar) from the front.

I guess you're another who's never exceeding the speed limit ?

Might be more powerful for him to visit a trauma centre.

Should happen for everyone getting their drivers license.

So many impatient, careless drivers on the road, might change their attitudes. Cars can cause some ugly damage.

Fact is people have died from drink driving. Fact is hodge was drink driving. Fact is he is suposed to be a role model and leader of a football club. Fact is he will get off of severe punishment due to the finals.

Fact is people have died from drink driving. Fact is hodge was drink driving. Fact is he is suposed to be a role model and leader of a football club. Fact is he will get off of severe punishment due to the finals.
And the problem with Hodge not missing a final is? The law is there for a reason. All off-field indiscretions should be handled by the law. Clubs shouldn't even hand out suspensions. They only do to keep the moral PC yuppies happy.

Nope. I cop a lot of shit for being a grandma driver
Yep. I never willingly speed or drink drive or even put myself in a position to do so.
And the problem with Hodge not missing a final is? The law is there for a reason. All off-field indiscretions should be handled by the law. Clubs shouldn't even hand out suspensions. They only do to keep the moral PC yuppies happy.
To be honest it doesnt bother me if he plays. It bothers me so many people pay it off as nor a big deal and try justify what he did

Haha. People don't endorse drink driving = moral PC yuppies.

Class act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back