Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is absolutley saying he is ok with it. Science says so. Strap them in champ. Film it and prove it. Better yet sometimes it is better not to wear a seatbelt so dont strap them in. And doing burnouts isnt bad, hell go ten kms over the limit too. There are rules for a reason and science proves the chances of crashing increase.
That statistic would only make your point if 24% of drivers have a BAC of >0.0.

Given that I guarantee you that the number of drivers with alcohol in their system make up far, far less than 24% of drivers - then the statistics are very clear: alcohol is a causative factor in crashes.
There is no denying that.
There is the reason there is a law - and the legal limit is 0.05. (There are arguements that the limit could be either side of that, and P-Platers, at least in WA, have a limit of 0).

I've never said drinking doesn't increase your risk of a crash.

I said one person saying someone died in an accident involving a driver slightly over the limit doesn't prove anything.

That's like saying I got my kid vaccinated and a week later they got cancer so vaccines cause cancer.

Speed remains the no1 cause of road deaths yet low level speeding is laughed off as revenue raising.

That's the only pointing in making, what Hodge did was wrong and stupid but almost everyone has got a speeding fine which is just as wrong and stupid.

Some of the posts in here border on the bizarre. Why should Hawks suspend him? With a finals series and a chance for a threepete, they are only punishing his team mates and supporters. A fine is appropriate, and possibly a review of whether he remains as captain.

For those anti-Hawks just jumping on this because they don't like Hodge or the the club, it's sick. Very few of you care about the fact that drunk drivers kill so many people each year which affects people and their families in the worst possible way. Using this for your own spite is as offensive if not more than Hodge's own stupidity.
You... Are a moron. I think you'll find most people in here are the ones who care, even too much about the dangers of drinking driving, by the looks it's Hawks fans who don't care.

Absolutely he did. And the club weren't happy with him at all for it.

He broke the law, and has been punished by the law accordingly. He may also be fined and lose his captaincy. Your hysteria on the issue appears to be purely anti-Hawk motivated and is quite disgusting to be honest, considering how serious drunk-driving actually is.
If he loses his captaincy over this I will eat my hat!

Anyway im off to go smoke some weed and do some shots and drag race some hawks fans on oublic roads. Im a good bloke so its all good

Sounds to me like you've already been on the weed....Maybe best just go to bed hey, & dream about Podge holding aloft another premiership cup, while you present him with his winners medal, that compliments his Normie so well, while uttering the words: 'You're my hero'.....You can always imagine him in Adelaide colors, if it'll get you through the night.:cool:

I've never said drinking doesn't increase your risk of a crash.

I said one person saying someone died in an accident involving a driver slightly over the limit doesn't prove anything.

That's like saying I got my kid vaccinated and a week later they got cancer so vaccines cause cancer.

Speed remains the no1 cause of road deaths yet low level speeding is laughed off as revenue raising.

That's the only pointing in making, what Hodge did was wrong and stupid but almost everyone has got a speeding fine which is just as wrong and stupid.

No.
You are trying to argue that there is nothing wrong with "low range" drink driving.

The fact that he isn't even suspended from driving should be more of a concern to the community than what the clubs reaction is
Oh please. Nobody would pay attention to whatever the severity of the slap on the wrist the cops ended up giving him. A football clubs actions on their own players is much more influential for the average bloke in the street.

Fact is people have died from drink driving. Fact is hodge was drink driving. Fact is he is suposed to be a role model and leader of a football club. Fact is he will get off of severe punishment due to the finals.
Fact is people with high blood pressure are more prone to heart attack. So do yourself a favour and calm down a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You... Are a moron. I think you'll find most people in here are the ones who care, even too much about the dangers of drinking driving, by the looks it's Hawks fans who don't care.

That's laughable that you actually think the anti-hodge / anti-hawthorn vitriol here is actually borne out of a genuine "care" about the issue. I guarantee you that 99% of the people calling for hodges head wouldn't give half a thought to the issue had it been anybody else.

What hodge did was extremely poor... I am disappointed by his actions, and I'm glad he's being punished by the law and by the club.... Sorry, Not all of us fit into your "all Hawthorn supporters" narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest. Hawthorn don't give a shit about whether their players are drunk drivers, junkies or drug dealers. They'll stick by them anyway, unless they're suffering from depression then they can **** off.

Let's be honest, you grew up near a lead mine didn't you?

Your embarrassing yourself by trying to trivialise what Hodge did.

Surely Hawthorn fan's must be getting tired of defending Hodge every other week...perhaps need to accept he might just be a campaigner!!

U Sound like an Essendon fan, everybody else was doing it, it isn't even that bad...it is unfair to target us..stand Byhodge...blah blah blah

Let's be honest. Hawthorn don't give a shit about whether their players are drunk drivers, junkies or drug dealers. They'll stick by them anyway, unless they're suffering from depression then they can **** off.

Lets be honest?....From the club that brought us:....'I'm shocked to be no longer sitting here'.:drunk:

Now you have lost the argument and are now going to humour. Good game, kiddo.
How you Hawks supporters can continually go into bat for this pig is incredible, how pathetic is it that you lot are defending drink driving to try and save face for this absolute bogan moron.

Your embarrassing yourself by trying to trivialise what Hodge did.

Surely Hawthorn fan's must be getting tired of defending Hodge every other week...perhaps need to accept he might just be a campaigner!!

U Sound like an Essendon fan, everybody else was doing it, it isn't even that bad...it is unfair to target us..stand Byhodge...blah blah blah
There's no point defending him. He made a shit decision, and he'll be penalised accordingly.

But yes, he's a campaigner, he's a champion campaigner, and he's our campaigner.

There's no point defending him. He made a shit decision, and he'll be penalised accordingly.

But yes, he's a campaigner, he's a champion campaigner, and he's our campaigner.
Surely Hawks need to look at "The Family Club" slogan, its just becoming more and more embarrassing with each disgraceful indiscretion.

That's laughable that you actually think the anti-hodge / anti-hawthorn vitriol here is actually borne out of a genuine "care" about the issue. I guarantee you that 99% of the people calling for hodges head wouldn't give half a thought to the issue had it been anybody else.

What hodge did was extremely poor... I am disappointed by his actions, and I'm glad he's being punished by the law and by the club.... Sorry, Not all of us fit into your "all Hawthorn supporters" narrative.

And what's his punishment from the club again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back