Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't know he played there also.
Only thing I heard about his junior career was that he won something like 9 straight B&F's at Langwarrin as he progressed through the age groups.

You’re 100% correct MP. I had him mixed up with one of the other future Swans.

IMG_7956.png

Reckon Dylan Stephens may be looking over his shoulder again with Parker joining us...

Not sure on his on-field capabilities. Only one year younger than Shiels, who had rickety knees this year, is clearly out of favour at Sydney, and probably wants a payday from a club that he knows is lacking in... many departments.

That said, I can't see him being broken by all the shit at Arden St, and think he raises our baseline. Wardlaw and Parker has a great ring to it too. Welcome, mate, and please do your worst and your best against our bunch of misguided losers

Not sure on his on-field capabilities. Only one year younger than Shiels, who had rickety knees this year, is clearly out of favour at Sydney, and probably wants a payday from a club that he knows is lacking in... many departments.

That said, I can't see him being broken by all the shit at Arden St, and think he raises our baseline. Welcome, mate, and please do your worst and your best against our bunch of misguided losers
Im sure Parker will be invested into the club, not just for the coin.

This has been in the pipeline for a significant amount of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said, I can't see him being broken by all the shit at Arden St, and think he raises our baseline. Wardlaw and Parker has a great ring to it too. Welcome, mate, and please do your worst and your best against our bunch of misguided losers

If we manage to break Parker as well I think we may as well wrap it up.

If we manage to break Parker as well I think we may as well wrap it up.
Well, I'm just going through the list of people that have been there for two years or more that haven't appeared to allow whatever North-induced broken-ness is in them to get to them at some point over that time.

Pres
Sheezel
LDU

There's your list. Not a great success rate, really. So from that standpoint, Parker is a great get. You can see him being shocked by the standards at Arden St, fighting tooth and nail during games, and pulling his more casual teammates into line

Edited so that my point has more legs to stand on

Great thing about Parker is he isn't this great player thanks solely to being bigger / faster / stronger / more supremely skilled than everybody else.

He's all footy IQ, tenacity, contested awareness, preparation, endurance, skilled under pressure - so much of his game can be imparted to our young guys.

Im sure Parker will be invested into the club, not just for the coin.

This has been in the pipeline for a significant amount of time.
I'm sure he will, but I'm hoping there's enough left in his legs to really make a difference with his own footy. That's what we need right now, an all-round leader who can still produce. We missed that with Shiels, even though he had his moments on-field. Someone who's 50% mentor 50% warrior would be a hell of a tonic for this group

Davies Uniacke isn’t a leaders backside. Never been in the LG, never will be.

I've been critical of his leadership as well, but from what I've been told he took on a lot more responsibility this year (particularly with midfield structures), so it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back