Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been critical of his leadership as well, but from what I've been told he took on a lot more responsibility this year (particularly with midfield structures), so it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there next year.

I certainly started to notice this more as the season progressed which was good too see. He needs to stand up now.

early bets for who chairs him off in the milestone?

see him becoming good mates with Darling as a fellow new veteran recruit and then can see him getting close with Jy or LDU

for darling can see it being parker and souv
Can probably lock in round 2 against eagles in Perth and round 7 against the swans in Sydney

Not sure on his on-field capabilities. Only one year younger than Shiels, who had rickety knees this year, is clearly out of favour at Sydney, and probably wants a payday from a club that he knows is lacking in... many departments.

That said, I can't see him being broken by all the shit at Arden St, and think he raises our baseline. Wardlaw and Parker has a great ring to it too. Welcome, mate, and please do your worst and your best against our bunch of misguided losers
They're doing ok ..... 54 and still able to gallop about :cool:

I might add though, 'tis where I got the name from .... how many times dd you see Stevo take off and it looked like he forgot the wheel nuts :-D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're doing ok ..... 54 and still able to gallop about :cool:

I might add though, 'tis where I got the name from .... how many times dd you see Stevo take off and it looked like he forgot the wheel nuts :-D
Good work, mate. May your gait resemble the great man's for years to come

Might be a future R3 or 4 if they need points for next year.

I’m not aware of any potential Swans Academy prospects for this year.

Well done to everyone involved in getting this over the line, no doubt our young blokes will be absolutely over the moon.
Please don't post stuff like this publicly, after the Grand Final result the AFL will find a way to give them extra access to someone.

Immense work by the footy department as a whole.

And a great sign of how things are changing down at Arden Street.

Time to shoot the sook brigade in the head, dump their unwanted corpses in the creek, and start to the march to September from Round 1 next year.

I know it might seem silly to some, especially given our recent finishes, but a couple of pickups like this, maybe Houston... perception and appeal to good players from other teams may change very, very quickly. Most players would be aware of the talent brought onto our list in that <22 age bracket - they just don't all want to put up with 3-4 years of pain to get real results. 2-3 players of Parker's calibre can move the needle much more quickly and become a snowball effect IMO.

early bets for who chairs him off in the milestone?

see him becoming good mates with Darling as a fellow new veteran recruit and then can see him getting close with Jy or LDU

for darling can see it being parker and souv
Parker = LDU (Dandy Stingrays alumni) & Rampe (substitute with Stephens if unavailable)
Darling = Griff & Elmo (WA connection & for the muscle needed)

Rampe is 35 next year

Don’t care to be honest. Would rather he takes up a list spot than, say, Drury. Spends every week for the next 2 years with Goater, Chom, Logue, Hardeman, Incoming kids etc. Invaluable. We’ve undervalued the core value of guys with that nous and knowledge for too long and paid for it with years of shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back