Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t care to be honest. Would rather he takes up a list spot than, say, Drury. Spends every week for the next 2 years with Goater, Chom, Logue, Hardeman, Incoming kids etc. Invaluable. We’ve undervalued the core value of guys with that nous and knowledge for too long and paid for it with years of shit.
We'll go from youngest list to oldest in 2 weeks

I've gone back and read a heap of your posts, for once we are all on the same page.
Love it, I'm also of the opinion he won't cop any shit attitude and cutting corners from the players.
Wouldn't be surprised if he has been told to do this as the players wouldn't dare question him.
I pray this is the nucleus of our upward trend

Luke Parker - The Pen

Last edited:

Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

This is in my view, a good piece of recruiting.

Probably wouldn't have made a lot of difference, but I wonder what might have happened last Saturday, if he had have been put back into the middle from the word go or at least during the first quarter. The rest of their midfielders were pretty much non-existent.

Shoehorned in the middle will be Port in SA
Hobart feels personally attacked by this comment as the traditional home of the fabled North v Port rivalry.

Luke Parker = The Terf.

This is Great news that he has chosen to join us. He will be what like hodge was to Brisbane. Even if he doesn’t play the impact he will have on our mids and other young players will be significant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he will, but I'm hoping there's enough left in his legs to really make a difference with his own footy. That's what we need right now, an all-round leader who can still produce. We missed that with Shiels, even though he had his moments on-field. Someone who's 50% mentor 50% warrior would be a hell of a tonic for this group
I reckon he has a lot more in the tank than Shiels did plus he’s about 10x the player Shiels was. Shiels was just the epitome of hard work and dedication, the player that wasn’t the most skilled or talented but worked his arse off to get the best out of himself.

Shiels recruitment came out of retirement. Parker is about 2 years from consideration.

I called for him way back around May, I am stoked with what he can bring and its not his footy ability that I am excited about.

People were making Darling comparisons with Waite, but this parker trade is more like it.

Parker still can play and clearly has a point to prove. Will have a huge influence on our club for the next 2 - 4 years.

So pleased he has called it early. I want the full preseason with this bloke at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back