Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

On field really don’t think he will add much in terms of playing ability anymore, best is well past him. But making sure all players are adhering to structure etc will be immense

I wouldn’t be opposed to him being made co captain with Harry but not fussed on that, as long as it is not McDonald

Certainly an upgrade from Curtis ****ing Taylor on the list

Not sure on his on-field capabilities. Only one year younger than Shiels, who had rickety knees this year, is clearly out of favour at Sydney, and probably wants a payday from a club that he knows is lacking in... many departments.

That said, I can't see him being broken by all the shit at Arden St, and think he raises our baseline. Wardlaw and Parker has a great ring to it too. Welcome, mate, and please do your worst and your best against our bunch of misguided losers
Some people always find a negative in some positive news.

Sorry Chubbs. I rate Parker. We need another big bodied mid. :stern look
Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

early bets for who chairs him off in the milestone?

see him becoming good mates with Darling as a fellow new veteran recruit and then can see him getting close with Jy or LDU

for darling can see it being parker and souv
I think Wardlaw will be one of them. They went at it hammer and tongs in george's first game. I reckon he impressed Parker with that performance. Might have contributed to getting him to come to us.

Great news.

On paper the pick of ALL the seasoned, successful players we were linked to - Wines, Viney et al.

Well played by Brady & Co to turn his head and seal the deal.

Will be interesting if Parker and Darling combined has an immediate domino effect on clinching other targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people always find a negative in some positive news.

Bother reading all the positives I gave about it?

Saying his best is past him is hardly negative, it’s realistic

How many from our list would've made the Swans G.F team? Wouldn't think it'd be more than 6. He's hard as nails and only needs to be serviceable to justify the trade. Makes us instantly better as will Daniel and Houston if we can convince them.

Immense work by the footy department as a whole.
Is it really immense though?

Parks was pushed aside by the Adams recruitment, took him half a year to force his way back in the side, and started multiple games as sub.

He would have been testing his market value to anyone who’d listen during that period.

All you guys needed to offer was a +1 on whatever swans had on the cards and he’s yours.

Parks was pushed aside by the Adams recruitment, took him half a year to force his way back in the side, and started multiple games as sub.

He would have been testing his market value to anyone who’d listen during that period.

All you guys needed to offer was a +1 on whatever swans had on the cards and he’s yours.

Yeah it is immense, because it isn't about what he can bring as a footballer next year, but what he brings in terms of experience, setting standards, and what he can teach our talent coming through at each training session.

Oh believe me.
For us it was.

How many from our list would've made the Swans G.F team? Wouldn't think it'd be more than 6. He's hard as nails and only needs to be serviceable to justify the trade. Makes us instantly better as will Daniel and Houston if we can convince them.
All of them after last weeks effort.

You’re right, a future fourth should get it done.

You need to appreciate where our club is, how long we’ve been in this state and how hard it’s been to attract good experienced players to understand how we feel about someone of Parker’s calibre coming in to help. And this season he came back from the long suspension to have a strong impact (and fly past Adams).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back