Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Bother reading all the positives I gave about it?

Saying his best is past him is hardly negative, it’s realistic

Some people never finished School and think other people are like them. They're not.

Is it really immense though?

Parks was pushed aside by the Adams recruitment, took him half a year to force his way back in the side, and started multiple games as sub.

He would have been testing his market value to anyone who’d listen during that period.

All you guys needed to offer was a +1 on whatever swans had on the cards and he’s yours.

It's already been established, Marathon > Sth Melb. I grew up in Albert Park, so I know.

Parks was pushed aside by the Adams recruitment, took him half a year to force his way back in the side, and started multiple games as sub.

He would have been testing his market value to anyone who’d listen during that period.

All you guys needed to offer was a +1 on whatever swans had on the cards and he’s yours.
Our average finishing position this last decade is 16th. If shitting on our positivity makes you feel better about last weekend, go for it I guess. But your only decent player from that game is coming to us, so eat shit.

You’re right, a future fourth should get it done.

You need to appreciate where our club is, how long we’ve been in this state and how hard it’s been to attract good experienced players to understand how we feel about someone of Parker’s calibre coming in to help. And this season he came back from the long suspension to have a strong impact (and fly past Adams).

I think they forget when they were a Sunday afternoon television filler competing against Elvis Movies back in the 90’s, to appreciate what rock bottom looks like

I think they forget when they were a Sunday afternoon television filler competing against Elvis Movies back in the 90’s, to appreciate what rock bottom looks like
They're like Geelong. Any pre 2005 has ceased to exist.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Immense work by the footy department as a whole.

And a great sign of how things are changing down at Arden Street.

Time to shoot the sook brigade in the head, dump their unwanted corpses in the creek, and start to the march to September from Round 1 next year.
Changing???…. Parker has been a great player….. for the Swans….. now on a superannuation contract at North….this will go the way of most of our ‘recruit older players well past their best’ approach of recent years.

Far more enthused about this signing than all the other bullshit that has been floated.

Will have an actual impact on field. Not just a ‘he’s experienced and he has high standards’ trade because the club is in such a leadership void. Main question being, for how long?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far more enthused about this signing than all the other bullshit that has been floated.

Will have an actual impact on field. Not just a ‘he’s experienced and he has high standards’ trade because the club is in such a leadership void. Main question being, for how long?

That's a great question, one which is bothering me a tiny bit.

I'd say 12-18 months, at a guess. If we are not kicking goals 'ourselves' come the end on 2026 (2027 we should be a chance, competing for finals at least), then who knows?

We have 2 more years of shit to swim through IMO, 2nd half of Year 2 will be well worth a recovery of this post to see how we are tracking! I'm fairly confident from '27-'33 though. You won't want to run into us on a cold day and a dark laneway at 4:40 Sundays at Telstra Dome. Especially if we sorta nail most of (and we need to) our picks between now and 2027.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't immense, but it is better than getting the likes of Tucker and Stephens types. No disrespect towards them but Parker achieved a higher standard and that is usually a product of work ethic and establishing a high standard. He will be around for a few years but we have been missing that type of experienced player that can help to push the development along. There are certain things coaches and assistants can't really provide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back