Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yeah, wording could have been better from me. Realised that after I posted, my bad.

He had his challenges, but if he was considered best 22 with the coaches he wouldn't be looking to come and help us, just out of the goodness of his heart.

The fact that he wants to leave the second top side to come to the second bottom side tells more than any hidden microphone in his exit meeting could ever reveal.

For sure, Geelong would have wrapped this up straight after they sealed the Bailey Smith dea... oh wait...
Not sure why you are implying Geelong can’t get a deal done, when everyone knows they will get him for Pick 17 in a trade or at Pick 17 in the draft?

The Bulldogs will be the ones with egg on their faces if they let him get to the draft.

Geelong don’t even need to do anything because they will get him regardless.

The deadshit running our List Management would have most likely kept adding to the offer to get it done when there is no need to.

As I said in a previous post if it was Geelong or Brisbane this deal gets done last Monday.

Because we have a List Manager that is seen as a soft target, can you blame clubs for seeing how much they can get out of him and what they can try on?

This was a simple deal. Put up a fair offer and be firm that’s the deal.

If you can’t sit down with Sydney’s List Manager for an hour and figure out this deal, what the **** are we actually paying you for?
No chance. Cats are just as stubborn and hard to deal with as the Swans. Campaigners would battle over pick 82.

Not sure why you are implying Geelong can’t get a deal done, when everyone knows they will get him for Pick 17 in a trade or at Pick 17 in the draft?

The Bulldogs will be the ones with egg on their faces if they let him get to the draft.

Geelong don’t even need to do anything because they will get him regardless.

The deadshit running our List Management would have most likely kept adding to the offer to get it done when there is no need to.
It's not that Geelong can't get the deal done. It's more that you implied Geelong gets deals done on the first day when in fact, they take as long as they need to get a deal done. And they most certainly would not have prioritised getting a single deal done if it jeopardised opportunities for any other deals in the works.

It's not that Geelong can't get the deal done. It's more that you implied Geelong gets deals done on the first day when in fact, they take as long as they need to get a deal done. And they most certainly would not have prioritised getting a single deal done if it jeopardised opportunities for any other deals in the works.
In fairness, Cats do deals the year prior, with the player and their agent, then force the other club into a corner. Has worked well for them.

The opposition to giving up 44 for Parker is a little weird imo. The hits on this are heavily outweighed by the busts.

Historical Results for AFL Draft Picks 4, 21, 44 and 62 - Draftguru

www.draftguru.com.au
www.draftguru.com.au

Out of that list since 2013, only McCreery and Aliir are worthy of any teeth gnashing.

But they will be stubborn enough to get the deal done for that Pick 82.

I just don’t have faith that in the same situation Rawlings has the balls to stand his ground.
For sure. Not convinced we'd be willing to walk away. Clarko would be pushing for it hard I think.
62 and a F4 or F3 swap or 44 with 58 back it could end up being if we cave. 25 is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

44 will move into 37-40 range after bids are matched. That could be a tall like Stumpf or Mraz or O'Farrell.
I don't think we should give up 44 lightly in this draft.
I would argue it isn't lightly. Given what we already know (on established performance), the value to a young group of mids that, since Cunners forced absence, has been devoid of winning leadership. It's a no brainer.

As I said in a previous post if it was Geelong or Brisbane this deal gets done last Monday.

Because we have a List Manager that is seen as a soft target, can you blame clubs for seeing how much they can get out of him and what they can try on?

This was a simple deal. Put up a fair offer and be firm that’s the deal.

If you can’t sit down with Sydney’s List Manager for an hour and figure out this deal, what the **** are we actually paying you for?
Well said . So true mate. I can’t remember the last time when we can honestly say “we won that trade”

I would argue it isn't lightly. Given what we already know (on established performance), the value to a young group of mids that, since Cunners forced absence, has been devoid of winning leadership. It's a no brainer.
I want Parker for those reasons as well. 62 and F4 would be the next offer or swap F3's.
If it gets down to the wire and we cave and give up 44 for 59 back, we could package up 59 and 62/F4 for GC pick 50, GWS 53 or Bombers 54. Hope we at least hold the line as long as possible though.
I just think getting a 199cm defender or key forward could be quite a good punt.

44 will move into 37-40 range after bids are matched. That could be a tall like Stumpf or Mraz or O'Farrell.
I don't think we should give up 44 lightly in this draft.
I agree (I think it might even go sub 35) but I wonder why we didn't just offer a f3 as an immediate counterpoint to our 4th rounder failing and us refusing to offer up pick 25.

Would rather this was sorted at the start of the week so we could focus on Daniel and Houston, if only for my sanity.

I agree (I think it might even go sub 35) but I wonder why we didn't just offer a f3 as an immediate counterpoint to our 4th rounder failing and us refusing to offer up pick 25.

Would rather this was sorted at the start of the week so we could focus on Daniel and Houston, if only for my sanity.
You set a price and have to be prepared to walk away until the very last minute, then perhaps you give a bit of ground to get it done. If we countered with a F3 straight away, they'd know we're too keen and they'd be after 25.
Swans have said goodbye at the B&F and we've offered him the deal, both sides stuck in a bit of a corner.
I think it gets done but I'll be very interested to see what the result is.

You set a price and have to be prepared to walk away until the very last minute, then perhaps you give a bit of ground to get it done. If we countered with a F3 straight away, they'd know we're too keen and they'd be after 25.
Swans have said goodbye at the B&F and we've offered him the deal, both sides stuck in a bit of a corner.
I think it gets done but I'll be very interested to see what the result is.
I disagree. For example I bought a house (my first!) about six months ago.
After three days of dicking around with our base offer, I offered 10k more and told the agent they had 24 hours to make it happen, or I would rescind it and offer the same for a place up the road.
The owner agreed to our terms within about an hour.

North should offer F3 and give them 6 hours to agree otherwise "it gets added to the Houston motherload".

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back