Mackay shines as Crows return - 4/1/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Burton should be a nice cash cow, as long as he can play the first 8 game and score ok. I had him in 2008 and was solid, went up nicely and an easy upgrade. Can't keep him all year (unlikely he will play 22) but the feeling i get from crows supporters is Burton isn't that safe in the best 22. Tippet,Hentschel and Walker seem to get all the love. Would rate burton a mile infront of Hentschel, but that is just me.

Last time i was looking at our round 1 2010 team he did seem to be out of the 22 more then the others. It will be interesting to see how they pick the side. I do not think they would have resigned Burton to not start him in round 1 unless he is injured. I can see them making the players in the sanfl work really hard to earn the spot from someone like Burton but i do not think they will give it away.

I'm going to win the "Cmndstab run" which is a run where you don't actually run at all and instead you sit on your office chair and post on Bigfooty at work :D

Hey, I just won it!!
I was just going to say... that I had already won it while not running in the goodwin run, while not training for the crows while posting this morning.

The Goodwin run is as follows:

- Rectangle of 75m by 35m
- You get 15 secs to finish each side

So as others have stated it is run jog run jog. My lad does it with his club and says it is very hard as they also do theirs like the crows with a 5 min break after the 3km time trial. Pain, pain, pain

Interval Training; meant to be the best for both weight loss and increasing fitness.

Try doing;

5 minutes work up

5 minutes of
8 seconds at max intensity
then
12 seconds at walking/jogging

5 minutes warm down

It'll kill ya.

Sure Rory represents good SC value as someone to start on the bench and increase his dollarage...or am I being a little over optimistic about the opportunity he has to be a lock on a start in the 22?

The only thing which may put you off him is he will not start at rookie price since he played a game last year which is a bit of a pitty

Definitely worth a punt. He'll lay a lot of tackles and knows how to win the footy. Also has a brilliant work rate.

He'll be one of my reserves at minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch him in the NAB Cup. If he plays well, he'll be there in round 1. If not, hold off until the end of round 2 and see if they look like putting him into the side or not.

One way or another you feel he's going to end up playing AFL at some stage this year so he'll be worth a punt.

Wondering whether Schmidt and Sloane will be competing for the one spot?

It may well be - but didn't we have a pinned topic for last year all about DT and SC? That more or less stopped some threads turning into this? :)

I guess I figure in threads about news stories or training such as these it kind of makes sense that they eventually turn into "which player will play from round 1" type of discussions which do lend themselves to dream team questions.

If it starts to take over several threads I'll probably start a new sticky thread like the one last year, don't worry. Certainly by February I'll have started one because you can get your bottom dollar as soon as our kids start to play in the NAB Cup we'll be inundadted by opposition supporters asking "who that blonde kid is" :p

WALL-e - I'll compromise you in a second :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackay shines as Crows return - 4/1/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back