Major Club Announcement (1/2/10) - FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone told me yesterday that generally player announcement press conferences are done by Phil Harper and club announcements by Steven Trigg.

Given this is a Trigg press conference, its probably a club not player announcement. But then again, why would all the players need to be in attendance?

Is it a testimonial year for a player?

My guess it that it has something to do with a major club promotion for 2010 and probably relates to our 20th year.

Last December I emailed the club with some comments on the "New Shed" and also made a suggestion re special badges to reflect years of ongoing membership. Part of their reply included "we are currently working on a recognition program to be rolled out next year that will incorporate those types of things".

I don't see anyone doing a dog act retirement like a Kenelly & Fosdike done to Sydney last year in the Pre-Season leaving them short of two players for the entire 2009. I'm pretty sure if anyone was thinking of retiring and or had any doubts about playing in 2010 Craig would've made sure they'd retire before before last years final list lodgement.

Fosdike's "dog act" was an agreement between player and Club. Fosdike's knee was stuffed but had one more year to run on contract, and if he retired at the end of the season, the whole contract would have been included in that season's salary cap. The retirement was announced early the next season so that the cap was better managed. Sydney was aware Kennelly might go home but it was a little surprising

Stabby, we were supposed to just have some conjecture about retirements and Camry sponsorship, we weren't supposed to let the cat out of the bag like that.

so fine

2e38jm8.jpg

Their new match day guernsey has leaked! :eek:

portadelaideguernsey.jpg

Personally I think it's a major upgrade on anything they've produced before. :thumbsu:

Hahahaha, beautiful :D:thumbsu:

Neil Craig has extended his contract. Not sure on the length though.

I assume you mean to suggest this as what has happened rather than just what you think might have happened? If so, awesome :thumbsu: We should be in for an enjoyable few years with him at help! :thumbsu:

Edit: Oh, just read the above. I'm out of the loop :eek: I'm in Queenstown, New Zealand at the moment, God it's a beautiful place. Best of all when I get back it's only a week until the NAB Cup starts! :D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i suppose money is what makes football clubs tick and i also suppose making money anyway you can is what football clubs need to do these days so selling naming rights to sponsors at least secures some doe for the club, certainly worked with the 'Camry Crows' :D

Which Bank (haha) was Chapman with - Adelaide Bank?

Thankfully it's good news :)
Chapman is with Bank SA.

Bank SA = Westpac ownership, so better off going for their national brand.

Big leadup to announcement was never going to be bad news.

{Edit SA Great beat me to it}

Edit: Oh, just read the above. I'm out of the loop :eek: I'm in Queenstown, New Zealand at the moment, God it's a beautiful place. Best of all when I get back it's only a week until the NAB Cup starts! :D:thumbsu:

Have you had a Fergburger? Honestly one of the biggest and best burgers ever. Pretty cheap too. Love Queenstown as well, make sure you do Nevis bungy and visit Arrowtown.

Shit deal for Westpac should the Adelaide Oval move happen.

Love the contrast with Port's inability to gain a sponsor:D

Probably not as much as it would be for AAMI, as our facility will still exist and be talked about, similar to the Lexus centre. It might just be a case of reducing the sponsorship contribution or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Major Club Announcement (1/2/10) - FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back