Expansion Making State of Origin work

Remove this Banner Ad

u sir are talking in circles, I'll ask the question again, would you or would you not support the idea of an anglosaxon team as well to perphaps even play against the aboriginal all star team u suggest??????? This seems to be a very hard question for you for some reason as you seem to keep avoiding it.

You say you are far from racist. I don't think anyone is acusing you of racism, you seem like you are insecure and want to prove how UN racist you are. That is usually where people develop BS ideas like this. Just the desire to be a politically correct tool basically.

Football may mean a lot to aboriginal kids which is a good thing but we either live in a multicultural society or we don't. you would probably have a heart attack if the AFL decided to make up a team of the best anglo players. your idea comes boils down to this, you want to give special treatment to one race over another. By the way until you truly understand the white australian community and our proud heritage from all over the world, you may never understand why your idea is RACIST BS!

I agree. He keeps trying to prove un-racist he is by saying he wants to see an Aboriginal team towel up the Victorians, and how some of his best friends are black. He just can't see the consequences of his actions. He needs to look at New Zealand and South Africa to see what happens when you encourage race-based identities. The expression of one racial identity provokes the expression of another, and then another, and then another.

One more point, the racism that Aboriginals have experienced in the past (and also today) is completely different to that of foriegners moving to Australia... I hope you aren't basing your arguments through previous personal racial experiences.

To the contrary, they are very similar. The Aboriginal cricket team that toured England in the 1860s, and gave some performances of spear and boomerang throwing while they were at it, is the same concept that you propose now. It was an ideology that tried to separate Aborigines as something different because it was entertaining for whites to see them as different. However, while the whites wanted to preserve Aboriginal cultures, they wanted to assimilate them as well. The result was that Aborigines ended up being trapped between two worlds. The Aborigines weren't really accepted into white teams and they were seen as "coconuts" by their community if they weren't culturally black. In Mount Isa you should be able to see some of the consequences of being trapped between two worlds.

Migrants deal with something similar. They are expected to assimilate, but not too much otherwise they become bananas. Race-based identities are to blame.

To the contrary, they are very similar. The Aboriginal cricket team that toured England in the 1860s, and gave some performances of spear and boomerang throwing while they were at it, is the same concept that you propose now. It was an ideology that tried to separate Aborigines as something different because it was entertaining for whites to see them as different. However, while the whites wanted to preserve Aboriginal cultures, they wanted to assimilate them as well. The result was that Aborigines ended up being trapped between two worlds. The Aborigines weren't really accepted into white teams and they were seen as "coconuts" by their community if they weren't culturally black. In Mount Isa you should be able to see some of the consequences of being trapped between two worlds.

Migrants deal with something similar. They are expected to assimilate, but not too much otherwise they become bananas. Race-based identities are to blame.

Trapped.... I dont know about trapped. To a degree maybe but the city of Mount Isa encourages everyone (the white population, migrants, Aboriginals) to participate in community activity. There are thousands of young Aboriginals that play junior sport, which is exciting to watch because they just have natural talent. There are oppotunities for these youngsters to adapt amongst the rest of the community and not isolate and pigeon hole themselves within their Aboriginal community.

They basically trap themselves if they want to be trapped.

Trapped.... I dont know about trapped. To a degree maybe but the city of Mount Isa encourages everyone (the white population, migrants, Aboriginals) to participate in community activity. There are thousands of young Aboriginals that play junior sport, which is exciting to watch because they just have natural talent. There are oppotunities for these youngsters to adapt amongst the rest of the community and not isolate and pigeon hole themselves within their Aboriginal community.

They basically trap themselves if they want to be trapped.

You seem on the right track here. In Australian history, there has been one school of thought that has wanted to bring everyone together and another school of thought that wants to isolate certain groups for novelty value, or for plain racist reasons. The one that we want to keep is the one that brings people together. The one we need to discard is the one that excludes and encourages racial based identities.

You are correct that there are opportunities for individuals in Aboriginal communities to enjoy cultures different from their own, just as as there are opportunities for every other individual Australian to experience cultures different from their own. However, those opportunities become more difficult to grasp if their friends and family call them a coconut for experiencing something different, or if the other cultures keep pigeon holing them for entertainment value.

I agree. He keeps trying to prove un-racist .

So how about proving you un racist by answering the question .
You said you wanted to discuss oit on the rl board
but here you still are discussing it on the AFL board .

So what is it gengiscan't ? What are you doing about the
aparthied aboriginal rl competition in country NSW .
Yo're so keen about this racial thing ,
but I haven't heard anymore from you .
I know your committed to the cause
because you spoke so vehemently for it .

:thumbsdown:

So basically:

Ranked in top 2 - You must win two games to be the champion.

yes.

If you win 1 out of your 2 games you will be ranked in the top 2 the next year.

winner of FINAL ranked #1, loser of FINAL ranked #2.

Ranked 3-4 - You must win three straight games to be champion. You must win your first two games to be ranked in the top 2 for the following year.

yes. Whoever loses out of the 3v4 game must play winner of 5v6 game to stay in the Top 4. Winner plays loser of 1v2 to play-off for a FINAL berth.

Ranked 5-6 - Can't win, but if you win two games you make it to position 4 next year.

yep. Make 'em earn it!

In total 6 games.

I like it. Every match matters. It would be nice if 5 or 6 had a chance to win as well. Those fairytale runs are good to see. They get them in the six nations and there was one with European soccer a few years ago. I think Greece won when they were expected to be cellar dwellers. Anyway, that can't be helped.

How does the six-nations work?

The next task would be selling it to clubs. At the moment they are worried about players being injured. How do you convince them of the benefits of their players being involved? Personally, I think they just can't see the forest for the trees, but whinging about that wont change their mind.

Well, as it would be 4 or 5 weeks before the first bounce of the AFL season, minor injuries wouldn't be so bad if it were to happen. Long-term injuries would be possible, but then again injuries like that could happen anytime, even at training and in praccy matches. Better than staging SoO during the middle of the season anyway imo.

I know the players would be keen to participate, its just those pesky clubs and coaches! I like the idea of making players sit out the start of the season if they dont participate if picked.

So how about proving you un racist by answering the question .
You said you wanted to discuss oit on the rl board
but here you still are discussing it on the AFL board .

As I have already told you in simple terms, there are limits to what one man can do. In most situations in life, all we can do is live with personal integrity and when we encounter the ignorant monkeys, we try to help them see beyond their bananas. With time one open mind might become two, and become four, and become 8.

This is not always easy to do with some of the monkeys because they try to come up with distractions instead of engaging with the issue.

In your case, your distraction is to act like a child by corrupting my screen name, and asking why I am not taking to the streets with chants and protest banners.

Your actions do not surprise me. Lets not forget that, in addition to your support for 1860s ideology, you previously you argued:

1) as long as a team changes its colours, it can use pre-existing trademarks.
2) that the Sydney Swans fans damaged their reputation in Sydney, damaged the image of the code in Sydney, because they wanted to deny the Kangaroos some money in order to punish them for trying to steal some fans

Just play 2 matches each season. One involving the "big 3" states in VIC, SA and WA. then one involving the smaller ones, NSW/ACT, QLD/NT and TAS.

Each year 2 of the 6 teams will miss out on the match. every 6 years each team will host both the others once, and also play away once.

Gains promotion in all states also.

Why are people so keen to lump Qld and NT together? Each are quite capable of defeating the other second teir states - and, sadly, each would probably do tas by about 10-15 goals.

The territories just aren't important and if you give them a team then they just complicate matters. Provided Queensland is happy letting NT players play for them, it would be good as it would strengthen the QLD team. When the territories get themselves organized enough to become a state then they can have a team.

As for Tassie, you never know what it is capable of. There is that old saying that a champion team will defeat a team of champions. I'd be guessing that the Tassie team would be a good team as there would be less variance from year to year. Furthermore, State of Origin would probably mean more to Tassie that the other states so there is a higher motivation there. finally, if it were played in Tassie, these players from the topics would have to get accustomed to those Antarctic winds, which could level the playing field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The territories just aren't important ....

I see you are still avoiding the question .

You came in big time on this rascist angle .
It's a simple question . You wont answer it
because you've been caught out and rl will look bad as a result .
you're pathetic .

I see you are still avoiding the question .

You came in big time on this rascist angle .
It's a simple question . You wont answer it
because you've been caught out and rl will look bad as a result .
you're pathetic .

NO politically correct racist tools like yourself are pathetic!

NO politically correct racist tools like yourself are pathetic!

I think that is a contradiction in words , but still
what is your opinion on the aparthied aboriginal rl league competition
in country NSW . Are you for it ? Is it good for rl or not .
I'd appreciate your comments on this competition .

It is isn't a contradiction in terms since its politically correct to discriminate against some groups and not others!

I know nothing about the aboriginal RL comp so I would prefer not to make a judgement about whether or not it is good for RL. I have never once commented on this issue and don't want to be drawn on it.

What I do know is that anyone who asks someone to prove they are UN racist is a complete and utter wa#ker who loses all credibility in my eyes

I think that is a contradiction in words , but still
what is your opinion on the aparthied aboriginal rl league competition
in country NSW . Are you for it ? Is it good for rl or not .
I'd appreciate your comments on this competition .

You are now asking me for my opinion on the competition instead of asking me why I am not campaigning against it. It is a different question. You have made baby step, but a step nevertheless.

To someone with an IQ above that of a monkey, my attitude to such a league would be obvious. If I am against teams being picked on race, logic would indicate that I would not support such a competition.

Now that I have put up with your rudeness, and stated what should have been obvious, please answer some questions for me.

1) Did the 1868 Aboriginal cricket team that toured England and perform exhibitions of boomerang and spear throwing, help the Aboriginal cause or lead to the acceptance of Aborigines in white cricket teams?

2) Did racially defined soccer teams help the cause of soccer, or the ethnics that played soccer? Would the players and the code been better off if the A-league never came into existence in favour of retaining the old ethnic clubs?

3) If an Aboriginal all-star team won or lost by 100 points against a state team, what kind of comments would expect to find on Bay 13? If there was a fight between the All-Star team and a State Team, what comments would you expect on Bay 13?

It is isn't a contradiction in terms since its politically correct to discriminate against some groups and not others!

If you say so .

I know nothing about the aboriginal RL comp so I would prefer not to make a judgement about whether or not it is good for RL. I have never once commented on this issue and don't want to be drawn on it.

But you have made comments about separate aboriginal teams .
This merely an extension . Instead of one team , it's a rl league
just for aboriginals . I thought this would right up your alley because
we are not talking about a one off game but a whole league
playng for a whole season .

What I do know is that anyone who asks someone to prove they are UN racist is a complete and utter wa#ker who loses all credibility in my eyes

Utterly agree . I don't attempt that at all .
If that is the perceived case then I can assure you it's not .
I just wanted to clarify where someone stood on this issue .
He was saying he was against any aparthied style separation
of teams in one off games . Obviously that it is meritorious notion .
So instead of one team , it's a whole rl leaguejust for aboriginals .
For someone with these views
I thought this would right up his alley because
we are not talking about a one off game but a whole league
playng for a whole season .

To someone with an IQ above that of a monkey, my attitude to such a league would be obvious. If I am against teams being picked on race, logic would indicate that I would not support such a competition.

Wow ,To someone with an IQ above that of a monkey's glute, your reply to such a league should have been obvious . But you finially got here .

So you finially agree , No , an aparthied style aboriginal rl league competition
existing in country NSW is not acceptable and would relect badly on rl .

That is a view consistant with your logic .

:)

Wow ,To someone with an IQ above that of a monkey's glute, your reply to such a league should have been obvious . But you finially got here .

So you finially agree , No , an aparthied style aboriginal rl league competition

You would support an anglo saxon only team based on your logic, agreed?

Now that I have answered your question and you comprehend my answer, please answer mine.

Now that I have answered your question and you comprehend my answer, please answer mine.

Ok , on condition .

That it is a separate thread . (We don't want to bore people any longer)
With a neutral title ."is there any place for non homogenious teams"
That you keep to a logical debate with no abuse .
Fair enough ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Making State of Origin work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back