Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is all about Pies supporters tbh. They've outwardly grown more and more bitter about Mick over the last 12 months and then transfer their feeling over as though it belongs to him.

Nope. It was Mick who had a throwdown in the weeks after last year's GF and then started throwing grenades at Bucks early this season.

Good old Mick, and those blind enough to believe his ego smarting whines.

The gift that keeps on giving :D

And gave to us. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Forget the PF, Pies went backwards. Won 4 games only by more than 5 goals, 3 against the real the bottom sides, not to mention the average losing margin of 40pts. Way back in percentage too. Mid-year winning steak was a savior. Was still 5th with a round to go. No flag Bucks is sending you backwards, while the arch-enemy took his master.

Thank you Eddie.

Enjoying listening to the idiot Wobbles supporters try to spin it to make it sound good...Ha ha, won't convince anybody.

Enjoy your stuff up Pies!

And gave to us. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Forget the PF, Pies went backwards. Won 4 games only by more than 5 goals, 3 against the real the bottom sides, not to mention the average losing margin of 40pts. Way back in percentage too. Mid-year winning steak was a savior. Was still 5th with a round to go. No flag Bucks is sending you backwards, while the arch-enemy took his master.

Thank you Eddie.
Lol dream on then, one day you might be nearly good enough to play with the big boys.

So if a kid who was on the rookie list came to see him and said they were struggling, he could look them in the eye and say "I got delisted by Hawthorn, played a season in the 2s then got re-drafted". At the same time, he can look at a champion like Boomer Harvey, who is actually older than him, knowing that they've both been at the very top.

Brad Scott is 2 years older than Boomer.

It is amazing whenever ones own team is being discussed it is considered a troll. Yet when threads on other teams that are not your own are shut down all and sundry jump up and down disappointed about being denied to lay the online boots in. :confused:

so you think this thread should be shut down for being a troll or you think your fellow mods are too trigger happy in shutting threads down?

also you are delusional if you do not think people have done there best to troll collingwood in this thread, especially a few norf flogs.

To be honest, it was that it happened to Collingwood per se. More that Buckley the figjam again revealed himself to be a figjam flog.

I hate Buckley becase he lied to us and shafted us in the early 90s.

I actually don't miund Ciollingwood overall, got a lot of time for Eddie.
not holding onto a grudge? Over 20 years ago and still makes you cry? Get over it, your club has

I think Buckleys issues can be directly traced back to his relationship with his father.

Imagine being a teenage kid and getting critical player reports from your father stuffed in an envelope and then stuffed under your bedroom door?

Collingwood do appear to be entering a 50% top up and 50% rebuild phase. They might luck in to a flag, but Hawthorn are still at their peak and the Norths, Richmonds, GWS's, GC's are looming fast in the rear view mirror. Melbourne and the Dogs will also rebuild quicker than Collingwood.
I can't wait to come back here next year. In what way are we rebuilding, in what way will the 4 teams meet or even beat us in the finals next year, leaves on your list Hawthorn, bring on 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott has rebuilt a side. Buckley has taken a gun klist backwards.
Really, being that you take notice of what you want to take notice of, let me highlight how 2011 unfolded. I would say late 2011 the wheels started to fall off. Lets start with Maxwell and Shaw suspension, Daisy suspension, injuries to Beams, thrashing to Geelong and two other finals games where the cracks were showing, but because we ended top no one commented. there was also Dawes (broken knuckle) and with wellingham both out of form. but of course that must have been Buckley's fault. We are far from a slide, unfortunately for all other supporters.

I think this is all about Pies supporters tbh. They've outwardly grown more and more bitter about Mick over the last 12 months and then transfer their feeling over as though it belongs to him.

Your wrong mate, disappointed more than anything. To win a flag is hard but to win one at Collingwood is near on impossible and he helped the players and the club deliver a flag. I met Mick during the Copeland trophy and I shook his hand and thanked him, he acknowledged me which made my night and a memory I will always remember. I was just so grateful that the club in a way stuck with him and will always be grateful for his time at Collingwood, but just like Tommy Hafey and Leigh Mathews they went to other clubs but unlike Mick, they show a bit of grace and that is what is disappointing.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-a-player-revolt/story-e6freck3-1226499926258

"In an exclusive book extract from Malthouse: A Football Life, to be released this week, it is revealed the Magpies' 2010 premiership coach was approached by a senior player who said several of his colleagues were prepared to sign a petition to have him stay on."

Does this raise questions about respect among the playing group for Buckley in 2012 and beyond?

I believe it actually had already circulated, and been signed by around 75% of the playing group.

That has never stopped Malthouse in the past. He recently said Alan Richardson moved on from Collingwood in 2008 as he had issues with other coaches. Pert & Richardson themselves said it was a fabrication.

That has as many legal connotations as what he has said about an alleged player 'revolt'. He knows that Pert & co won't stoop to his level and go that course.
Sam seemed pretty sure 14 months ago in that interview.

Sam seemed pretty sure 14 months ago in that interview.

Malthouse would have feed him with the information. Whether it was true or not is another matter.

Mick hasn't got a good track record of telling the truth in the last 12 months. Sadly, Mick's ego has gone to new levels since he had the rug pulled under him, in the space of this time, he has found a cure for cancer, stopped the boat people & become the greatest coach since Jock McHale.

I laugh at the ones who still call Buckley FIGJAM, and because of it, Collingwood will fall appear, or already has. If Buckley has the FIGJAM stigma, what does that make Malthouse? Especially after this book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back