Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong wiki

Loop Trump GIF
Screenshot_20240224_193843_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240224_193903_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re Phillipou, there is one thing he could do to improve drastically as a mid and that’s get on the move at stoppage. He is flat footed at times. That was his problem in the final last year. He has the attributes to be a mid, but can look slow as not on the move
It takes time to learn. I think although we expect him to be much better learning patterns from someone like Seb would be a great lesson. Seb was someone who has really improved his ability to get in and out of stoppages.

Something else.

Some of the running from Pou, Wilson and Byrnes was outstanding. There was one moment where the ball go into the D 50 over the back and on the goal line was Byrnes and Wilson.

Might chuck 20 on Wilson for RS.

Also there was a stoppage on the far end of the ground and the whipped into the Defensive 50 towards the south rd end. Pou somehow ended up there as an extra in defence. Just a quality runner. One other thing I’d love to see from Pou is to get some easier marks around the ground.

Can a woman be criticised if she's doing a s**t job, or no? Some serious BrOfLaKeS in this thread ffs
Agree.The major thing with the commentary was the buying into the annual Bombers are coming. At this stage, who the F is buying it? Ok. Every MSM commentator in Melbourne who's paid.

Seriously everyone that has watched, listened and gone to games over the past decade, knows both their list and game style is ****ed. We all fear that by some stroke of Harry Potter they'll re-emerge but yesterday? They are still the same walking dead of shite they've been for 20 years when their repugnant President told us how to survive. **** em.

Was great to get down to Moorabbin with a decent crowd.

Wilson was impressive, great runner and just seems to have some natural footballing instincts. We've got a good 'un here.

Garcia wasn't busy but did some tidy things. Nice to see him get a goal.

Pou has filled out a bit hasn't he? Impressed with his hands in close. The more exposure he gets in the middle the better for his development. Would be good to see him alternate with Mitchito.

Bonner was BOG for mine. Some of his ball use (particularly against the breeze) was outstanding.

Nas has grown. Saw him standing next to Wood and he seemed an inch or so taller. Will get better and better.

Henry had a couple of skill errors and a dropped mark early, but grew in to the game. Showed some really elite hands to assist Hugo's goal and got on the end of one himself. His speed and evasive ability will be an asset.

Some of our clearance work wasn't great - but we'll look better with a combination of Crouch, Clark, Jones & Dow in there alongside the skipper.

Defensive structure was terrific. We've got a really well-drilled unit back there. Having Bonner back there to release Sincs in to the middle more will give us terrific flexibility.

So exciting that we've actually got some youngsters worth being excited about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70% they said.
Been trying to find if this is true and I'm not sure it is. I took this off Reddit, suggests that 50% of score is from turnover, 20% stoppage, 10% centre bounce.

1000014023.png

Wouldn't be surprised if the commentator just made up the stat as a lot of his comments were questionable. Eg Gresham taking less money to play at Essendon. Um no.

Still it's a huge percentage that is scored from turnover.

I don’t see it with Cox, Reid and Perkins. None of them look more than being GOPs.
They've been Richo'd.
I'm not sure if its the arrival of Damien Carroll but that seems to be roughly the time we stopped butchering our own kids.
How effing good is it to be on the other side of the fence finally.

They've been Richo'd.
I'm not sure if its the arrival of Damien Carroll but that seems to be roughly the time we stopped butchering our own kids.
I’m a huge fan of Carroll from what I have heard externally and by observation.
Probably the most critical support manager at the Club given where we are in the “premiership clock”.
There’s no coincidence that by the end of last season he was being name checked by Lyon in the same group as the assistant coaches.
That last is the best data point for you to recognise.
If you’re getting praised by Lyon, you’ve met his performance criteria.

I’m a huge fan of Carroll from what I have heard externally and by observation.
Probably the most critical support manager at the Club given where we are in the “premiership clock”.
There’s no coincidence that by the end of last season he was being name checked by Lyon in the same group as the assistant coaches.
That last is the best data point for you to recognise.
If you’re getting praised by Lyon, you’ve met his performance criteria.
Indeed…the boss sets extremely high standards, Carrol, Batchelor and Lenny Hayes are doing a terrific job on developing our youngsters!

They've been Richo'd.
I think your onto something with Damien Carroll there ScrappyDo.

I was at a get together late last season and Damien was the guest speaker.

To be honest.....prior to that night,I didn't know him from a bar of soap.

He was incredibly impressive with what he had to say.

The things that he and the club are doing with our young guys development wise left me just a little gobsmacked and extremely pumped at the end of the evening......the stuff he was saying were things that naturally you don't hear much about outside the club.

We are in very very good hands with Damien there.

I remember earlier this year one poster suggested that he is right up there with our very good recruiting over the last 3 drafts.

IMO......that poster nailed it.

Been trying to find if this is true and I'm not sure it is. I took this off Reddit, suggests that 50% of score is from turnover, 20% stoppage, 10% centre bounce.

View attachment 1912886

Wouldn't be surprised if the commentator just made up the stat as a lot of his comments were questionable. Eg Gresham taking less money to play at Essendon. Um no.

Still it's a huge percentage that is scored from turnover.
A pretty meaningless stat IMO. It's just a reflection of the modern game.

I think your onto something with Damien Carroll there ScrappyDo.

I was at a get together late last season and Damien was the guest speaker.

To be honest.....prior to that night,I didn't know him from a bar of soap.

He was incredibly impressive with what he had to say.

The things that he and the club are doing with our young guys development wise left me just a little gobsmacked and extremely pumped at the end of the evening......the stuff he was saying were things that naturally you don't hear much about outside the club.

We are in very very good hands with Damien there.

I remember earlier this year one poster suggested that he is right up there with our very good recruiting over the last 3 drafts.

IMO......that poster nailed it.
Cheers Watto. Would you care to share some of the points you heard?

FMD… the football club is “Snt” Kilda… the suburb is “Snt” Kilda…

The only people who pronounce the suburb “Saint” are backpackers and morons. You put yourself in the boat with BT and Der-Wayne Russell; is that who you want to be?!

However some inbred Gaels back in the day pronounced it is by the by… this is how it IS.

Get on board or shut up.

Here’s a helper… 🧏🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
FMD… the football club is “Snt” Kilda… the suburb is “Snt” Kilda…

The only people who pronounce the suburb “Saint” are backpackers and morons. You put yourself in the boat with BT and Der-Wayne Russell; is that who you want to be?!

However some inbred Gaels back in the day pronounced it is by the by… this is how it IS.

Get on board or shut up.

Here’s a helper… 🧏🏻‍♂️

Your voice is different to how I imagined, I must say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Match Simulation, 2024: St.Kilda v Essendon

Back