Matchday: Richmond vs Adelaide @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what to think. First quarter was woeful, second quarter was better - but our skills are still down there with the most deplorable in the competition. Especially the goalkicking. Walker missing from 25m straight in front, Griffin missing twice from the ****ing goalsquare, could go on and on. :rolleyes:

Just strikes me as another game we should've put away, and we haven't. We always seem to lose in these situations.

Stevo playing well.... body on the line...

Bock...still waiting for him to do something remotely heroic.
trade him while he still has perceived value....

secretly hoping he proves me wrong :rolleyes:

A bit harsh, I'd say (I don't think I'd be the only one) he's been pretty good.

Walker playing really well.

Dangerfield misses a few easy ones. His first instinct is always to go to ground in a contest to get the ball.

Griffin a couple of bad misses, but has had a presence up forward.

Maric is doing some wonderful taps.

Stevens....is playing well as loose man.

Bock looks sharp.

Rutten holding Riewoldt well, can't believe he wanted a free from his ludicrous speccie.

Richmond fans are sooks

Symes isn't the smartest footballer going around, but has been o.k.

Jaensch needs to get involved, so does Schmidt and Van Berlo.

I laughed so hard when he signalled for a push

Who pushed you Jack? The invisible man?

VB very ordinary. Was my pick for Captain a year ago. Thommo now thanks

We should be 50 points up if we were kicking straight.

Tippett is getting mauled inside the 50 - Richmond are lucky the free kick count is not more against them.

My earlier point exactly, but finally he gets one free!!!! Very grateful for the umpiring that quarter. So many games have passed where we would never have been given any of those HTB's.

And Stevens. Great game so far. All you Stevens knockers.... I know who you are, I fart in your general direction. He can stuff up a few from here on and still be well in the black.

Half time thoughts:

Best players:
Thompson - Continues to be the main man in the engine room, easily our best player.
Porplyzia - Looks good off of half back, even only to get his confidence back. Don't know if I'd keep him there but he looks good today for sure.
Sloane - Might not have 20 touches, but has put in maybe 8 or 9 efforts that have stopped a handball out from Richmond or tackled someone that has stopped an effective kick out etc.
Tippett/Walker - These two are very even and their efforts out of the forward line have been top-class, doing lots of running and jumping for lots of contests.

Other thoughts:
Stevens - He could be a very good player, well he has been. Still shows glimpses of his top form but then butchers a kick or something. If only we could keep him confined to the back lines and only let him do SHORT handballs. Ban his kicking altogether almost no matter what. Not doing enough to stay in the team, but not doing bad enough to get dropped.
Henderson - Same thing, made a couple of BAD mistakes early but then when he stopped going so far back he looked better.
Schmidt - Solid stuff, made no mistakes and cleaned up some footy from the backlines - perfect depth player.

Good stuff, should win by 6-7 goals unless richmond come out and start firing.

Half time thoughts:

Best players:
Thompson - Continues to be the main man in the engine room, easily our best player.
Porplyzia - Looks good off of half back, even only to get his confidence back. Don't know if I'd keep him there but he looks good today for sure.
Sloane - Might not have 20 touches, but has put in maybe 8 or 9 efforts that have stopped a handball out from Richmond or tackled someone that has stopped an effective kick out etc.
Tippett/Walker - These two are very even and their efforts out of the forward line have been top-class, doing lots of running and jumping for lots of contests.

Other thoughts:
Stevens - He could be a very good player, well he has been. Still shows glimpses of his top form but then butchers a kick or something. If only we could keep him confined to the back lines and only let him do SHORT handballs. Ban his kicking altogether almost no matter what. Not doing enough to stay in the team, but not doing bad enough to get dropped.
Henderson - Same thing, made a couple of BAD mistakes early but then when he stopped going so far back he looked better.
Schmidt - Solid stuff, made no mistakes and cleaned up some footy from the backlines - perfect depth player.

Good stuff, should win by 6-7 goals unless richmond come out and start firing.

Not doing enough today? Oh dear.

My earlier point exactly, but finally he gets one free!!!! Very grateful for the umpiring that quarter. So many games have passed where we would never have been given any of those HTB's.

And Stevens. Great game so far. All you Stevens knockers.... I know who you are, I fart in your general direction. He can stuff up a few from here on and still be well in the black.

MEH, we are playing Richmond and it's not like he's standing jack.

This is the perfect game to watch for anyone wondering why we won't make the 8. Absolutely monster teams in the midfield and in defence, and don't put them away.
For all their possession, our midfield has some convuluted, complicated and high-risk methods of moving the ball forward though.

You'd hate to be a forward in our team. No point being able to out manouver your man or find space. It's a complete mystery when the ball will be delivered and where it will be delivered to.

The only things that are known are that it will be high and that you will have a team mate competing against you.

1/2 time report:

Richmond are sh!t. Central Districts would push them to the brink.
We are slightly less sh!t. I hope we don't make the finals, we will get smashed.
2nd qtr should have been a 10 goal quarter. Too much stuffing around and trying to be cute. Oh and the unbelievably bad kicking at goal. WTF!!
Walker and Tippett working very hard. Not been Tippetts day so far, but his contesting and work rate has been 1st class.
Symes works harder than anyone else in the AFL, but he has to to get back and make up for his turnovers by foot. He is actually trying to avoid kicking it now.
Stevens does everything well except kick. Mid distance kicks are 5 m short or 5 m long.
C'mon Crows put it all together for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you make Stevens accountable by playing man on man football against him, his weakness will be exposed.

Awesome kick to king.

Orright already...thats one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchday: Richmond vs Adelaide @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back