Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We're stuck him with next year until at least the mid-season break
Purely because of the board not wanting to come across even more incompetent than they already are
They will look even more foolish if he's sacked next year. Sack him now, admit you made a mistske and you'll gain a bit more respect.

They will look even more foolish if he's sacked next year. Sack him now, admit you made a mistske and you'll gain a bit more respect.
Heck, the 36ers look like absolute ****ing villains for sacking Scott Ninnis, but it may make them look like total geniuses this time next year (or they'll join the Crows looking like dunderheads).

For whatever reason they decided he wasn't the guy and they moved him on rather than try and force a situation they didn't see working to work.

Why do you guys engage with him?

He won't move from his position, doesn't matter what evidence or facts you put forward.

He is trolling, if you didn't respond the rest of us wouldn't have to scroll past every second post. He has the most posts in this thread.

This guy gets it, how about the thread where all the Waynus debaters can go and argue with him be called:

"Mass Debate with Waynus"

No worries, I won’t be engaging with him anymore.

Don’t take this the wrong way Jen, but we’ve got a serious problem when the ever optimistic people have lost hope.
The Good news is that I felt worse about the club in 2011 and 2019.

So this is really only the 3rd worst feeling year I can think of. Let's make 2025 #1 baby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t take this the wrong way Jen, but we’ve got a serious problem when the ever optimistic people have lost hope.
I haven't lost hope... I just don't hang my mental (or heart) health on the success or otherwise of my footy team, which I used to.

Realistically we are 5 years off making a GF with the current team. There is zero chance Nicks is coach in 5 years time. He would be a 10 year coach with a very dismal win/loss ratio. So the question is why kick the can down the road? If a new coach came in for 2025 we would be more forgiving for a year or 2 of not making finals and he would have a clear 5 year run at it. If we keep Nicks for another 2 years then we are simply delaying by years. I really want the club to explain to me what is their thinking. I'm willing to be open and buy in but from where I sit it just doesn't make sense.

Nicks is the equivalent of looking forward to good quality pizza and ending up with Domino’s.
thats a great analogy

I still think there is a very slight possibility we sack him but it needs to come from the players as part of the end season interviews and discussions.

Generally the change will come by others trying to save themselves.

I suspect Reid and Bello will be gone first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back